Earth Hour

Moderator: Super Moderators

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Earth Hour

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-27-2010 09:47 AM

Saturday, March 27, at 8:30 pm local time

Earth Hour is WWF's initiative to unite millions of people worldwide in boldly stating their concern about climate change by doing something quite simple: turning off their lights for one hour.

Earth Hour sends the message that we care about our planet and our future, that we want to “turn the lights off” on pollution and climate change and switch to a cleaner, safer, more secure world.

Join the movement and find out how you can bring Earth Hour to your community at EarthHour.org
http://www.worldwildlife.org/

http://www.earthhour.org/
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 03-27-2010 01:55 PM

We participate in this every year. Sadly, we are usually the ONLY house in our neighborhood that goes entirely dark except for candles.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 03-29-2010 10:13 PM

I had a gathering for earth hour and we closed all the lights. There's a channel here celebrating earth hour with a televised concert during the hour which people here wanted to watch. Which I think defeats the purpose of the entire event on the broadcasters part and ours lol

edit for bad typos but pw quote it too quick. Well at least pw understood :D
Last edited by OMG on 03-29-2010 10:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-29-2010 10:19 PM

OMG wrote: I had a gathering for earth hour and we closed all the lights. There a channel here celebrating earth hour with televised a concert during earth hour which people where wanted to watch. Which I think defeats the entire purpose of the entire event on the broadcasters part and ours lol

It's the thought that counts.;)
It's to raise awareness and that's exactly what you did.:D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Return to “Environment in Crisis”