Humans are too stupid to prevent climate change

Moderator: Super Moderators

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Humans are too stupid to prevent climate change

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-29-2010 11:07 AM

per James Lovelock in his first interview since the theft of UEA emails. He blames inertia and democracy for lack of action.

James Lovelock on the value of sceptics and why Copenhagen was doomed

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/b ... s-lovelock
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 03-29-2010 01:43 PM

I have been in the UK for the last few weeks, and thanks to you PW, I have just bought my ticket for tomorrow night at the QE Hall to see Dr Lovelock.... :)

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/l ... lock-50511
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-29-2010 01:54 PM

Janus232 wrote: I have been in the UK for the last few weeks, and thanks to you PW, I have just bought my ticket for tomorrow night at the QE Hall to see Dr Lovelock.... :)

http://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/l ... lock-50511

Oh, I'm glad to be of service. Wish I could join you! I will live vicariously.:D

Please come back here when you can and tell us about his lecture. He's pretty POed right now. Should be interesting.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 03-29-2010 02:09 PM

This is a great article, PW. Thanks.
Anchors Aweigh

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 03-30-2010 02:09 PM

Massive migration from climate change Audio 7:44
"You can't put something like a Trillion tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere without something nasty happening" Dr James Lovelock
http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 594274.stm
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 03-30-2010 08:47 PM

"It's been an incredibly beautiful world"...James Lovelock.

Please let us know how the lecture went, Janus.:)

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 03-31-2010 12:18 PM

We need a more authoritative world. We've become a sort of cheeky, egalitarian world where everyone can have their say. It's all very well, but there are certain circumstances – a war is a typical example – where you can't do that. You've got to have a few people with authority who you trust who are running it. And they should be very accountable too, of course.

But it can't happen in a modern democracy. This is one of the problems. What's the alternative to democracy? There isn't one. But even the best democracies agree that when a major war approaches, democracy must be put on hold for the time being. I have a feeling that climate change may be an issue as severe as a war. It may be necessary to put democracy on hold for a while.
Good. I'm glad an expert is now saying what an idiot like me has been saying for years.

Whether or not man made climate change is a reality (and I have no idea if it is, or not), it will be used as a pretext for the complete centralization & militarization of all economic activity on the planet... possibly in the solar system..., and will be used to justify the final emergence of a crushing crypto-corporate mega-state.

Homo-economicus is about to fulfill it's destiny.
Last edited by SquidInk on 03-31-2010 12:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Environment in Crisis”