Movies

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Movies

Post by Live365 » 05-14-2006 10:27 AM

Just got a heads up on the existance of this deck from Linnea. Wanted to try and get something going. :)

For anything you want to say about Movies.

:cool:
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 05-14-2006 10:37 AM

Thak you, Valentino, for yer recommendation of "Munich" (referring to a pre-existing conversation in another thread :D ).

Just finished "Mystic River", and it was good. Laborious at times, since you pretty much figured out how it was going to end in the first forty-five minutes, and not great. But good. As usual though, the best actor in the movie was also the most underrated: Kevin Bacon. Keven Bacon is always the best actor in what ever movie he's in, and sometimes I think he's *so* good, you forget about him. He simply became the character. No "acting" seemed to be involved.

I get the feeling I need to work up to "Munich". Looks powerful. btw, I do not recommend "Milwaukee Minnesota" (I must have spent too mcuh time in the M aisle. :D) They tried to compare it to "Fargo". They must have been desperate.

Starbuck
Pirate

Post by Starbuck » 05-14-2006 02:29 PM

Yeah, Munich is a great film.

Very good plot and storyline. If you are a fan of action films, you will like Munich. Also, it is explicit ( sexual content , language, violence)
All of the actors did pretty well, although two stood out to me.
Ciarán Hinds, who plays Carl, does the best IMO. He is great in everything that he has been it. Like in the HBO series Rome, in which he plays Caesar.

Eric Bana does a great job in playing the leader, Avner.
Spielberg, of course, has made another great film.
As I said in another thread, Munich should have been looked at more seriously to win best picture.
I recommend it. :)
I give it an
A

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-14-2006 02:55 PM

The plot and storyline in this movie cannot not be written, this is real life and sadly happened. I haven't seen it yet, it will be very hard for me, I remember it well. A close friend who was a senior producer with ABC at the time was there when it happened, it affected her deeply and still today. She will not see Munich.

Starbuck
Pirate

Post by Starbuck » 05-14-2006 04:21 PM

Your right Shirleypal the actual plot and storyline cannot be written.
What I meant was how things such as, the dialogue, how the killings affected the charaters and other moral aspects, were done in a good way IMO.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 05-14-2006 05:29 PM

Starbuck, I misspoke above. It was you who recommended "Munich" in the other thread. Thank you again, and thank you for elaborating here.

To both of you, I was eight years old when this happened, and it is one of my most vivid childhood memories with respect to the world around me, along with VietNam, Watergate, Charles Manson and Patty Hearst. The latter three I can watch nearly any movie made about them (and prolly have!), but I have yet to be able to get through any movie about VietNam. I can understand about Shirleypal's friend not being able to see this movie. I may not make it either. As I go to pop in the disk, I suspect in advance that what may be most disturbing about it will be how little has changed. How little, has changed. All those forces are still at play in the world.

Anyway (after I'm through reading the Forum :D ), here goes. Thanks again for the perspective. I also suspect that I will come back in full agreement that this should have one Best Picture. And I say that based upon the trailer alone, which sent chills down my spine.
Last edited by Live365 on 05-14-2006 05:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”