George Noory on the Sci Fi Channel

Moderator: Super Moderators

Chickadee
Pirate

George Noory on the Sci Fi Channel

Post by Chickadee » 11-18-2008 06:57 PM

Did anyone else post about this (sorry if this is a duplicate).

Just happened to notice a new (new to me) TV talk show at 11:00 pm Eastern on the Sci Fi Channel "Unexplained" a half hour talk show. Tongiht "Monsters" Tomorrow night "UFO's" Looks like it is a nightly half hour.
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-18-2008 06:58 PM

Who cares......

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 11-18-2008 07:12 PM

Just pointing it out :)
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

DeathValleyScotty
Pirate

Post by DeathValleyScotty » 11-20-2008 02:01 AM

I'm going to set my biased opinion aside for a moment and try to give an honest review of what I witnessed tonight.

The show opened and I was reminded of two other shows I always enjoyed. Sightings and the old "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy. Once the opening was done, here was George at the desk. His voice seemed a little different, that is until I closed my eyes. Yes, that was him.

Linda Molten Howe looked a little rugged and I kept expecting her to reach over on the desk somewhere and turn on the playback from the tape recorder. The police officer witness seemed a little scripted, but he was alright.

The two commercial breaks seemed a little choppy with the video editing, but I'll attribute that to the newness of any show. Also, (and I'll probably get planked for this) :rolleyes: I have to give George a little credit here. If he's trying to move his show to a television format, this is a fair testing of the waters. However, if he stays with the style I saw tonight, he won't last long on TV. Even Rush Limbaugh gave up the tube. Viewers need to be visually stimulated with this subject matter and not staring at a newscasters type face.

Oddly enough, about half way through, I felt more comfortable closing my eyes and just listening. The TV sounded just like my radio does sometimes. It wasn't long before I was asleep. Imagine that. Then, shortly after it was over, the telephone rang.

DVS
None of us is as smart as ALL of us...

Crow T. Robot
Pirate

Post by Crow T. Robot » 11-20-2008 02:49 AM

Did sNoory explain why there was a dead tarantula on top of his head?

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”