Was Jimi Hendrdix murdered?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-19-2011 01:16 PM

joequinn wrote: The death of Janis Joplin hit me particularly hard. I saw her perform with Big Brother and the Holding Company, and she was mesmerizing, even with a fifth of Southern Comfort in her. And I remember something that she said: "Every night I make love to ten thousand people, and then I go home alone."

Janis Joplin's death touched me in the heart, but John Lennon's death was the hardest for me to bear. I remember walking down Fulton Street in Brooklyn during my lunch hour on the day after his assassination, with the snow flakes starting to come down and "Starting Over" blaring from the boombox loudspeakers of the music stores. My eyes were misted over with tears, and I knew, absolutely, that my youth was finally over and that I would never grieve for somebody I didn't know personally as deeply as I was grieving then. And, alas, I was right on both counts...

I hear ya Joe, it was a consciousness shift for many people.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 10-31-2011 04:11 PM

Was hendrix murdered?
Twenty-three years later, information emerged which strongly suggests Hendrix was murdered. In 1993 it was disclosed that Hendrix had not strangled on his vomit, but "drowned in red wine." Dr. John Bannister was the physician—a Surgical Registrar—who worked on Hendrix initially at the St Mary Abbot's Hospital. Shortly afterwards Hendrix was seen by Dr. Martin Seifert, the Medical Registrar on duty that day.23 In an interview with The Times newspaper, published December 18, 1993, Dr. Bannister made the following statements about the death of Jimi Hendrix:

Jimi Hendrix had been dead for some time, without a doubt, hours rather than minutes. He didn’t have any pulse. The inside of his mouth and mucous membranes were black because he had been dead for some time. He had had no circulation through his tissues at any time immediately prior to coming to hospital…[Red wine] was coming out of his nose and out of his mouth. It was horrific. The whole scene is very vivid, because you don’t often see people who have drowned in their own red wine. There was red wine all over him, I think that he was naked but he had something around him—whether it was a towel or a jumper—around his neck. That was saturated in red wine. His hair was matted…The medical staff used an 18 inch metal sucker to try to clear Hendrix’s airway, but it would just fill up with red wine from the stomach…He was completely cold. I personally think he died long before. He was cold and he was blue. He had all the parameters of somebody who had been dead for some time. We worked on him for about half an hour without any response at all. There was a medical registrar, myself, nursing staff and I think one other doctor. I didn’t even know who Jimi Hendrix was. It’s tragic that such a bloke died in those circumstances.

In addition, there was practically no alcohol in the bloodstream. Someone apparently poured red wine down Jimi’s throat to intentionally cause asphyxiation after first causing barbiturate intoxication. This person apparently slipped him a large quantity of barbiturates which caused him to go into a temporary coma. During this time his natural reflexes stopped working. This means he lost the ability to cough as a natural response to liquid going down his windpipe. Without the ability to cough he was easily drowned. And he was drowned in an extremely sinister manner. Large quantities of red wine were poured down his throat. As he strangled, he spewed huge amounts of vomit, something that normally happens with drowning victims, but according to the physician who worked on him, Hendrix did not die from drowning in his own vomit. He died from drowning in red wine. Two years later, on September 10, 1995, Dr. Bannister made additional remarks on BBC Radio One’s Wink of an Eye.

The following is an excerpt:

[Hendrix] did not have an obstruction of the airways. What he had, was that he had a drowning of the airways. His lungs were completely overcome by fluid. One does a tracheotomy to get better access to the trachea and to the airways. But his problems were below that. The body was cold, there were no signs of circulation and my overall impression was he’d been dead for several hours.
From a great article at http://www.jfkmontreal.com/john_lennon/Chapter12.htm

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-16-2018 12:05 AM

Shirleypal wrote: 07-11-2009 11:36 AM...about the death of Jimi Hendrix allege he was murdered by his manager to collect $2 million dollars in insurance money.
I have heard this also and I wouldnt at all doubt it but most people are so conditioned they believe he overdosed..... (The overdose might have been done to him!!)

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”