Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 04:32 AM

I know!

Zombie Vampires?
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 10-05-2010 09:22 AM

Joolz wrote: Maybe they're hoping to pick up some sci-fi fans for Monday nights by showing it on Syfy? I know that NBC owns Syfy now, but it still seems kinda unusual to do something like this just a month after the network premiere of a show.

Unusual perhaps, but it looks to me like they're putting everything they've got behind this show. Which works for us.......
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 10-05-2010 10:24 AM

Clandestine human experimentation disclosed. More to come?
The link to the much publicized "Roswell UFO," widely described by government-linked "UFOlogists" as being a "crashed flying saucer," replete with recovered bodies of alleged "extra-terrestrial" occupants, arises from little-known rocket tests and other medical experiments associated with post-World War II research into the effects of radiation and high-altitude exposures to humans.

The tests were conducted by then-Army Air Corps and "our" captured Nazi scientists beginning in 1946, at the White Sands missile testing facility, and involved animals lofted into near-Earth space in the nose cones of captured V-2 rockets as well as alleged human subjects flown by high-altitude balloons

http://www.capecodtoday.com/blogs/index ... me?blog=73
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 10-05-2010 11:29 AM

Earth before 'The Event' and 'After Disclosure' worth discussing
"The ideas that several kinds of extraterrestrials or inter-dimensional visitors could be moving in and out of our world via UFOs or some other means and that we, ourselves, are different than we thought, are certainly more challenging to understand than just an announcement that we have made contact with another planet's intelligent beings"
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/190008
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

Foxyred
Pirate

Post by Foxyred » 10-05-2010 03:37 PM

Thanks Seti and Joolz. :)

Okay, supposing they die as easy as we would by being stabbed by an 'ordinary' knife??? The knife had to be made from some type of different metal in order to inflict death wouldn't you think? That struck me as strange. Hope there is more to it.

I get so caught up in this show I forget to breathe sometimes. LOL Waiting for the next scene.... back and forth. Breathe Foxy breathe. LOL
"Truth is not a fixed set of rules, but a spirit of discovery and a never ending willingness to learn."- Jeff Jawer

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 04:34 PM

I wondered about that, too, Foxy -- why the girlfriend (Maya) used what was, apparently, a piece of glass (that's what it looked like to me) to stab her boyfriend (William). That scene is what you are talking about, right?

One thought I had was that maybe they knew she wouldn't be physically searched, but would have to go through a metal detector. That would rule out knives and guns, but not a sharp piece of glass (or some other 'alien' sort of metal, but it looked like glass to me). Somehow, she got that weapon through to his room under her clothes.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 04:44 PM

BTW... my "Zombies" etc. comments were about the passengers who were "awakened" at the end. Corvid and I actually said all those things to each other as the scene aired. ;)

So, here's some more thoughts about that:

This seems to have introduced a whole new conundrum for the government. They've just announced that the plane went down over Brazil and there were no survivors (Lost fans: anyone else having Sundra Trench flashes? ;) ). There's no way they can explain this to the public, so are they going to have to detain these people, too? So, we'll have a whole new set of detainees who, this time, will be American citizens. Cover-ups upon cover-ups upon cover-ups... "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..."

And what will they remember? Will they have memories of the crash? Or of their former lives? Or will their minds be a blank slate? Or something else?

And also -- a friend on one of the television forums I go to said she saw something weird on the neck of the girl who was the first to awaken. She described it as a "gill-like slit" in her throat. WTH? I didn't catch this, so am going to have to re-watch to see if I can see it, too. Did anyone here see this?
Image Anchors Aweigh!

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-05-2010 06:07 PM

Joolz, I caught a glimpse of something on her neck but couldn't say for sure what I saw.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-05-2010 07:35 PM

This is not encouraging news. :(

Still, there is still reason to remain hopeful. :)

We should know relatively soon the fate of the show, at least for the rest of this season.

Snip:

TV ratings: 'Dancing' stays on top Monday; 'The Event' erodes some more

October 5, 2010 11:50 AM ET

Fast National ratings for Monday, Oct. 4, 2010

The audience for "Dancing With the Stars" fell a little bit Monday but still led ABC to the top of the night's Nielsen ratings. The other networks stayed more or less in line with last week, although "Lie to Me" improved some on "Lone Star" for FOX and "The Event" lost more than a million viewers for the second straight week on NBC.

ABC scored 17.4 million viewers and an 11.0 rating/17 share in households for the night, winning the total-viewer race by 6 million people over CBS (11.3 million, 6.9/11). FOX came in third with 8.25 million viewers and a 5.0/7, while NBC (6.2 million, 3.8/6) took fourth. The CW (2 million, 1.4/2) was up slightly over last week.

Adults 18-49 also favored ABC, which earned a 3.9 rating in the demographic. CBS, 3.6, finished second, followed by FOX at 3.0. NBC managed only a 2.0, while The CW came in at 1.1.

Monday's hourly numbers:

. . .

9 p.m.

ABC: "Dancing With the Stars" (20.7 million, 13.1/20)

CBS: "Two and a Half Men" (14.2 million, 8.5/13)/"Mike & Molly" (12.3 million, 7.4/11)

NBC: "The Event" (7.5 million, 4.6/7)

FOX: "Lie to Me" season premiere (6 million, 3.6/5)

The CW: "Gossip Girl" (2.1 million, 1.4/2)

18-49 leader: "Dancing With the Stars" (4.6) . . .
Complete Article at:

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/

----

Ponder This: Will NBC Order a Back 9 for ‘The Event’?

By
Robert Seidman

– October 5, 2010

Got an e-mail this morning asking about whether The Event would get a back 9 order.

Obviously, this [the ratings trend] isn’t a good sign, but wouldn’t NBC first cancel Chuck, Chase and especially Undercovers? All three are doing worse. I assume The Event is much more expensive than any of those three, but still, it is NBC’s highest rated new scripted performer, so isn’t it possible that they’ll order more episodes (and possibly renew) due to lack of alternatives? This kept happening with Heroes, for example.

All the shows mentioned above have 13 episode orders, and based on current ratings, I don’t see any of them getting pulled before they air all 13 episodes. And Chuck’s relative position has vastly improved by virtue of remaining relatively stable while all the others have dropped.

The question of the back 9 order for The Event isn’t really something the Renew/Cancel Index focuses on, but it’s a very interesting question. NBC has put a lot of eggs in The Event’s basket, and while the ratings trend is not The Event’s friend and is probably causing some heart palpitations at NBC, I’m guessing it’s not viewed as a rotten egg quite yet.

I’d guess the next two or three weeks tell the tale for whether The Event gets a back 9 order. If it stabilizes from here (last night’s adults 18-49 rating was a 2.4) I can’t imagine NBC not ordering a back 9. I’d also guess it’s likely to get a back 9 even if there are modest drops the next few weeks.

If it continues its ratings free fall and is pulling a 1.3 rating in a few weeks, NBC probably won’t have any choice but to end it after 13 episodes.
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/05/po ... vent/66735
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 07:37 PM

Ratings fell again this week :( , although not quite as drastically as last week. Still not great, though.

Info from TV-by-the-Numbers:

Week 1:
Live Viewers+SD: 11.19
Ages 18-49 Rating: 3.7
Ages 18-49 Share: 9

Week 2:
Live Viewers+SD: 9.063
Ages 18-49 Rating: 2.9
Ages 18-49 Share: 7

Week 3:
Live Viewers+SD: 7.46
Ages 18-49 Rating: 2.4
Ages 18-49 Share: 6

It has dropped about 3.75 million viewers since the premiere. This week's episode isn't getting very good reviews, either. They needed to really hit one outta the ball park this week, and they didn't. I'm still watching, still keeping my fingers crossed that this show's gonna make it, but I've gotta admit: it ain't looking good, Pirates. We can't keep dropping viewers like that and stay on the air.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 07:40 PM

Thanks for those articles, race! The second one was a bit more encouraging! It's good to know that it's not at the bottom of the heap at NBC, at least. There are shows with worse ratings they'll probably cancel before they would this one. ;)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Foxyred
Pirate

Post by Foxyred » 10-05-2010 07:43 PM

Joolz wrote: BTW... my "Zombies" etc. comments were about the passengers who were "awakened" at the end. Corvid and I actually said all those things to each other as the scene aired. ;)

So, here's some more thoughts about that:

This seems to have introduced a whole new conundrum for the government. They've just announced that the plane went down over Brazil and there were no survivors (Lost fans: anyone else having Sundra Trench flashes? ;) ). There's no way they can explain this to the public, so are they going to have to detain these people, too? So, we'll have a whole new set of detainees who, this time, will be American citizens. Cover-ups upon cover-ups upon cover-ups... "oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive..."

And what will they remember? Will they have memories of the crash? Or of their former lives? Or will their minds be a blank slate? Or something else?

And also -- a friend on one of the television forums I go to said she saw something weird on the neck of the girl who was the first to awaken. She described it as a "gill-like slit" in her throat. WTH? I didn't catch this, so am going to have to re-watch to see if I can see it, too. Did anyone here see this?
Yes, I thought that part of her throat looked a little strange too but it could just be the shape her neck is. LOL Zombies... haha, passed through my mind too. Also thought the 'aliens' could have entered them and took over their bodies but that would be to obvious.

Maybe they are showing their power to the President and all that know the truth. They can raise the dead? Ewwww...

Yes mysterious, like the way your thoughts went Joolz, new detainees and more lies to cover lies.....

I knew when Maya walked in that she was going to kill William. First thought it was going to be the guy on the inside(forget his name) until I seen Maya walk in. The blade was not made of normal material.

Guess we'll be tuning in next week! :)
"Truth is not a fixed set of rules, but a spirit of discovery and a never ending willingness to learn."- Jeff Jawer

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 07:49 PM

I'll be watching this epi again, maybe tomorrow night. I'll be sure to pause and rewind to see what I can about the neck/throat thing with that girl, and the weapon Maya used to kill William. I'll report my findings back here. ;) And if I find any screen caps that help, I'll either post them, or post links to them, too.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-05-2010 07:52 PM

Foxyred wrote: I knew when Maya walked in that she was going to kill William.

Yeah, I thought so, too. It showed in Maya's face and demeanor. I don't know if that was intentional, or if the actress just blew it, but it seemed evident to me, too.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Foxyred
Pirate

Post by Foxyred » 10-05-2010 07:57 PM

I play on FaceBook to much.. I keep wanting to check LIKE.... ROFL!!!!! :D

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”