Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-30-2010 07:24 AM

THE EVƎNT
WHAT WILL YOU BELIEVE?

Season 1 – Episode 10 – FALL FINALE

"Everything Will Change"

Written by: David Schulner & Nick Wauters

Directed by: Norberto Barba

Episode Description: Sophia's suspicions are confirmed when Thomas reveals a shocking new plan; Leila and Sean battle mercenaries while searching for Samantha.

Promo: The Event S1E10: “Everything Will Change”

THE EVƎNT will return on February 28, 2011 with a
2-hour episode
(may be a recap episode) from 9-11:00pm.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-30-2010 07:28 AM

Saharaka wrote: I missed the Nov 29th episode and my darned dvr failed to record it. If anyone hears of it being aired again please post to this thread. Thanks.

I hate when that happens! :mad: Darn DVRs!

The good news is that this episode is up on Hulu already. In fact, all 10 episodes will be available on Hulu until the end of February when the show returns. :)

Here's a link to 'The Event' on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/the-event

It's also available at the official website for the show at NBC.com.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 11-30-2010 04:13 PM

ahhh many blessings on you Joolz! Thanks for the info! Will post impressions after I view it.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 11-30-2010 06:05 PM

Alrighty then. I viewed it and I want to see more. They had better make good on their promise to return with new episodes. Still perplexed about the instant aging thing with the kids and now some adults.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 12-02-2010 01:20 PM

Admittedly, when I sat down to watch this week's epi I felt like I was dragging myself to work on a Monday morning. But I had to do it for the Pirates. For the first time, I found myself really, really into it this time! If their intent was to make a final grab with the "fall finale", it worked on me.

One snark I have to get off my chest though: does the Leila actress ad-lib, or do the writers really write those lines? "Sean, we have to find her!" as they're running through the basement. Isn't that what they've, like, been doing for the last six episodes? Did he need to be reminded? Hopefully more mystery satellites in space and less Sean-and-Leila when the show returns, IMO!
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 12-02-2010 03:07 PM

Live365 wrote: Admittedly, when I sat down to watch this week's epi I felt like I was dragging myself to work on a Monday morning. But I had to do it for the Pirates. For the first time, I found myself really, really into it this time! If their intent was to make a final grab with the "fall finale", it worked on me.

One snark I have to get off my chest though: does the Leila actress ad-lib, or do the writers really write those lines? "Sean, we have to find her!" as they're running through the basement. Isn't that what they've, like, been doing for the last six episodes? Did he need to be reminded? Hopefully more mystery satellites in space and less Sean-and-Leila when the show returns, IMO!

LOL!!! I found myself wanting to scream at Leila....keep your voice down you idiot!! They were supposed to be surreptiously poking around down in the basement....why does she feel a need to announce it?
Creature of the desert

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 12-03-2010 04:51 AM

I just think it's bad writing. They could edit it out if she's ad-libbing that dumb crap. Her character isn't written consistently. But she can't act, either, and I find her character annoying. ;)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 01-19-2011 04:34 PM

Well, this is good news! :) Should please many of us...
'The Event' star: 'No more flashbacks'

Wednesday, January 19 2011, 7:03am EST
By Morgan Jeffery, TV Reporter

The Event star Blair Underwood has confirmed that the show will no longer feature flashbacks.

He told Entertainment Weekly that the NBC drama will be "revamped" when it returns from its current hiatus.

"We had been jumping around a lot and doing flashbacks and that was confusing to people," the actor said. "So when we come back, that device is done with! We are now telling the story straight through so people can track it and follow it easier."

Underwood added that the changes in format will "make [the show] easier... to watch without losing quality".

"I am proud of our show... but I know we are living in a time where people multi-task while watching [television]," he said. "Our show takes commitment and that will be our struggle."

He also claimed that the sci-fi drama's initial ten episodes were "setting the stage" for events to come.

"People have the background they need," he suggested. "We know the others are coming and they are going to have some effect on the [aliens] who have been living among us."

The Event returns to NBC with a double bill on February 28.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a29 ... backs.html
Image Anchors Aweigh!

racehorse
Pirate

"The Event" returns tonight with a two hour episod

Post by racehorse » 03-07-2011 01:11 PM

THE EVƎNT returns tonight with a two hour episode!
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-07-2011 01:38 PM

I haven't finished watching last season yet :o

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 03-07-2011 07:45 PM

I'm on board
Creature of the desert

racehorse
Pirate

Re: "The Event" returns tonight with a two hour ep

Post by racehorse » 03-07-2011 07:57 PM

racehorse wrote: THE EVƎNT returns tonight with a two hour episode!

Chris Matthews of Hardball and MSNBC fame said he will play himself on tonight's episode of The Event ! :eek: :cool:

The show will be starting in about three minutes (8ET/7CT) in the Eastern and Central Time zones.
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-07-2011 08:58 PM

My husband is watching it and said hopefully we can catch up :D

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 03-07-2011 10:10 PM

SETIsLady wrote: My husband is watching it and said hopefully we can catch up :D

This was easily the best episode of the series so far, SETIsLady. :)

It really was interesting, intriguing, and far superior to any of the previous episodes.

I hope this high level of quality will continue. If it does the ratings will hopefully improve and the series will be renewed for another season.
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 03-07-2011 11:36 PM

I caught bits and pieces of it Race, but thats what the hubby said too :)

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”