Moderator: Super Moderators

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

The Event - September 20, 2010

Post by Janus232 » 09-20-2010 12:24 PM

NBC's "The Event":
A UFO Researcher's Perspective

http://keyholepublishing.com/the_event.html

" The secret in the character dossier that Laura Innes is contractually forbidden to reveal is that her character, a mysterious and powerful leader of a group of detainees in at the Mount Inostranka facility in Alaska—think Gitmo on ice—is an alien being outwardly indistinguisable from indigenous humans. She is the leader of but one alien faction who is busy influencing world events. For that reason, Innes is probably the only one of the cast and crew outside the producers and scriptwriter who has a clear picture of the event.

The Event facing the President of the United States is the disclosure to the American public of the reality of alien life operating on Earth.

And he is facing a deadline for disclosure that is forcing his hand. The clock is ticking. Think '24' meets the X-Files.

The clues to the plot are readily decoded by anyone who has studied the UFO phenomenon and, more to the point, the development and implementation of United States public information policy on the issue over the last six decades, as the behavior of the characters in the trailers mirror that of their real life counterparts.

The series revolves around the problem of how -- and what would force you -- to tell a society that the reality they actually live in includes non-human intelligent life -- some of which has been visiting Earth before mankind as it thinks it knows itself was created. And the series is itself part of a novel solution to that vexing social problem.

Before you blame me for spoiling the plot, know that New York Magazine has already published the secret of the event. And realize that this ground breaking treatment will still bear attentive viewing as the series works its way through the laybryinth of implications of the basic plot. There are a nearly insurmountable mountain of problems associated with the act of disclosure.

Disclosure of the secret of 'The Event' by no means spoils the impact of this series or ruins its entertainment value. Indeed, knowing the real-life back story behind the script can only intensify the viewing experience.

Trust me, there will be enough plot twists built into the issue to keep everyone wondering around the water cooler for the run of the series just what complication will surface next or how the unwitting protaganist, the President, the head of the NSA, the leader of the alien faction and supporting cast of characters will behave in light of the latest episode's revelations.

Whether or not this is the most important secret in history, it is by now one of the most complicated to unravel. And unraveling it for themselves as the series progresses is perhaps the most important step a viewer can take in their lifetime towards a more accurate understanding of the world we actually live in"

http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-phoenix/ ... s-not-know
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 09-20-2010 01:24 PM

NBC's 'The Event' part of UFO, ET disclosure, acclimation?
"The recently-published book by respected journalist Leslie Kean, "UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record," is certainly providing credible information about what seems to be an unusual situation.

Another book scheduled for publication in October is "A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact" by Richard Dolan and Bryce Zabel. Dolan is considered to be a very credible researcher and Zabel has a significant track record as a journalist and Hollywood writer-producer.

Whether we look at factual reports on these kinds of developments or enjoy fictional portrayals of similar scenarios, it seems clear to many investigators and many people in the general public that something interesting and important may be going on.

It may not be so simple as one type of intelligent beings from another planet visiting Earth.

It could be far more complex involving multiple types of beings and influences operating in surprising ways and with complex agendas. We could be facing significant new understanding about the Universe or multi-verse and a different view of the human race and the challenges facing us.

"The Event" looks like it will provide valuable perspectives and insight into these kinds of topics.

And, like the new NBC series, real kinds of similar elements and phenomena may also be unfolding. We may be seeing an emerging process as well as some kind of events or events that we should probably be ready for"

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/185282/

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-20-2010 03:31 PM

Interesting stuff, Janus. (A bit spoilerish, if true, but that's OK. ;) :D We shall see if this is "the event," eh?) I've already got this show on my schedule, and will be watching the premiere tonight.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 09-20-2010 03:52 PM

Yes, please let me know what it's all about Joolz, as I do not have access to the program etc... It does appear to be another slice of disclosure pie being fed to the masses... I also note that Cliff High (the web-bot dude) has unveiled November 2010 for an "Event" larger in scale that 911.... Well hang on Hanna.... :)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-20-2010 05:24 PM

Janus232 wrote: Yes, please let me know what it's all about Joolz, as I do not have access to the program etc... It does appear to be another slice of disclosure pie being fed to the masses... I also note that Cliff High (the web-bot dude) has unveiled November 2010 for an "Event" larger in scale that 911.... Well hang on Hanna.... :)

I'll be happy to give you my opinion. I think we won't find out what "the event" is for quite some time, but there will be many clues along the way, so I can let you know if I think they fit with this scenario. Also, I'm thinking you could probably find it online to watch, if you'd like. If I find anything I think may work for you (that I can legally post!), I'll let you know.

ETA: Are you currently in the U.K., or in Thailand? That could make a difference in what online viewing options there are.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 09-20-2010 05:41 PM

Yes, if it is available online that would be great, I will have a look around tomorrow (youtube etc) we are in the UK... Thx Joolz:)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-20-2010 08:25 PM

I'll ask around for you. There are a few members in the U.K. at one of the television sites where I'm also a member. I'll ask there for you. One of them may know of something I don't that may work for you.

Here's something that may be of interest to you (and others planning to watch this show):

TruthSeeker Blog

This is show-connected, not fan-created, so I am assuming it will be canon to the show. From what I've read, they plan to have a lot of online and interactive content for this show.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-20-2010 08:40 PM

It looks like Hulu will have them once they air, but I think Hulu is U.S. only. I'll continue checking around...
Image Anchors Aweigh!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 09-20-2010 09:18 PM

The first half of tonight's premiere of The Event did not impress me at all. In fact, I contemplated not finishing it but continued watching because I knew the premise of the series, if I had not I do not think that I would have.

In my view, the show improves immensely almost exactly half way through the episode starting with the Presidential meeting. From that point on I became intrigued with the show and much of interest takes place. I believe this series has great potential and I look forward to future episodes. I think that the series will get more fascinating and better as it goes on.
racehorse

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-20-2010 09:32 PM

racehorse wrote: In my view, the show improves immensely almost exactly half way through the episode starting with the Presidential meeting. From that point on I became intrigued with the show and much of interest takes place. I believe this series has great potential and I look forward to future episodes. I think that the series will get more fascinating and better as it goes on.
Couldn't have said it better Race :)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-21-2010 01:42 AM

We liked it, too. The only thing I had a real problem with was the jumpy timeline thing and the repetitive scenes. The repetitive scenes were more confusing than helpful to me -- just not necessary, IMO. Other than that, I liked it a lot. I agree with Race and Linda that it got much better about mid-episode, and it does present an intriguing mystery.

I've read some complaints that they didn't do enough character development, but I didn't expect much of that in the very first episode anyway, so it didn't bother me. They had a lot of plot lines to lay out, and they did that. From here, they can work on helping us get to know the characters better, and from what I've read, I think that's their plan.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-21-2010 03:06 AM

Janus, are we hijacking your thread? I have some more show-related stuff I'd like to post, but can start a new thread if you'd like to keep this one focused on the UFO disclosure stuff. Let me know. OK?

Also, as for where you can watch it online, check my profile and shoot me an email. I have some info for you.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 09-21-2010 03:35 AM

No Joolz, please put all data in this thread (better all in one place) so we can all see how it unfolds.

I checked your profile for E-mail, however it appears I do not have access, you can send E-mail to me directly at the following address: [email protected]

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-21-2010 04:31 AM

OK. Will be happy to continue posting here. Just didn't want to hijack your thread without your permission. ;)

I'll email you... but in the meantime, I just heard that it will premiere in the UK sometime next month. Have you heard this? Would that be soon enough for you? You'd probably want to stay away from this thread until you get started on it if you watch it that way, unless you don't mind spoilers. I've asked for more info about this, and will post when I find out.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 09-21-2010 05:00 AM

You are correct Joolz in the UK, Channel 4 have picked up the show, and it will air next month.... I would still prefer to watch it at the same time as the US market if possible, as it will mesh with actual events in the here and now (so to speak) rather than lagging behind, and I would like to be part of the pirate viewers/posters with something to say on the thread....:)

Over on the Cassiopaea Forum (Laura Knight-Jadczyk + members) Richard Dolan is being "questioned" for the release of his book and ideas relating to disclosure - He even signed up to the forum to reply to the comments by the members.....

I also just listened to G Knapp talking with Richard Dolan about his book, the event, and a future real disclosure moment on C2C this weekend......

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”