Star Trek Discovery

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

'The Orville' Questionable Dessert Coating VS *-- TOTAL HORSE MANURE --*!!

Post by Riddick » 10-18-2017 02:17 PM

Doka wrote: 10-18-2017 12:35 AM Apparently it's going political too ..........Back to my brainless "Who done its" and HG TV........ :D
IMHO Doka as a component of TV, flicks, you name it and all around to paraphrase "The Schnozzola" Jimmy Durante, if not everybody at this point more's the question of who and what isn't wanting in on the politic act these days??

Now, with 'Family Guy' McFarlane at the helm, to expect 'The Orville' to buck the trend in toto would be a bit much. On the flip side, it can't be said the ST franchise hasn't had a history of doing allegories on current events/politics -

That (not) said? Far's show biz 'directives' go, 'ST Discovery' IS a PURE and PRIME example of a patently politicized Sci Fi series; far less Trek than blatant orgasmic SJW Drek, its baked-in heavy handedness is absolutely anvilicious.

It's one thing to serve up ice cream with social justice syrup, but AS a turn-off it's not AS NOXIOUS as all of STD!! Far from a fun space-faring treat, nothing I've seen tells me IT's dishing out anything but complete and utter CRAP.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

"The Orville" Was A Rerun This Week? What Gives?

Post by Riddick » 10-20-2017 12:36 AM

No official word on why "Majority Rule" wasn't shown on Thursday. A repeat of the series premiere ("Old Wounds") aired in its place

Not wanting to air a new episode against the MLB playoff game would make sense - Still, could their be more reason for why FOX pulled the rug out at the last minute?

Instead of a hit, were their worries it might 'strike out' big time with the fan base? Will it air eventually if not sooner, or be indefinitely shelved for 'Major League' "re-tooling"?

Who's on First? What's on Second? I Don't Know's On Third?? Stay turned!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: "The Orville" Was A Rerun This Week? What Gives?

Post by Riddick » 10-25-2017 08:42 PM

Well, whether a single week repeat can be considered a routine mid-season break, in any case barring another unexpected change in the schedule it appears "Majority Rule" will be airing this Thursday

While I dunno if there was any purposeful 'bait and switch' strategy involved in what happened this past week, if indeed a pattern of rug pulling emerges I'd be more inclined to believe so.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

The Orville: The Story So Far

Post by Riddick » 10-25-2017 08:44 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

'Black Mirror' Takes On 'Star Trek' With Outer Space Episode

Post by Riddick » 12-10-2017 01:14 AM

No fan of STD, can't wait for "The Orville" season 2, yet want more Star Trek inspired spacefaring adventures in the meantime? Coming soon to Netflix is 'USS Callister'

In episode 4 of the 4th season of "Black Mirror," the dark Emmy-winning sci-fi anthology, viewers are invited to follow the story of a bemused captain and his trusty Space Fleet crew exploring the galaxy and the dangers of unknown alien planets.

There are goofy color-coded outfits, blue aliens, and people wearing mini-skirts in space for no reason whatsoever. With Black Mirror, however, looks can be deceiving -

Even as the hilariously retro promo gives a glimpse of its influence, there's no hint of the severely sinister twist on Star Trek's mythos 'USS Callister' is going to have. Somehow, that just makes things more unsettling.

A hoot to watch it will be but USS Callister will also probably fock you up the way the best Black Mirror eps tend to do.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Riddick » 12-24-2017 12:20 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-27-2018 11:58 PM

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-11-2019 01:49 AM

What happened ST Discovery? Not that I want it back!.........

I did watch The Orville , It was really good! Was it just an "accident" or has it just gotten better?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-11-2019 02:32 PM

Doka wrote: 01-11-2019 01:49 AM What happened ST Discovery? Not that I want it back!.........

I did watch The Orville , It was really good! Was it just an "accident" or has it just gotten better?
If The Orville is getting better, and I agree it is, I believe it's 'cuz being true lovers of the genre, the show's runners and writers are acutely aware of what works and what doesn't and adjust things accordingly

OTOH & IMHO, from all appearances the folks behind Discovery don't know ST, don't care about ST, and are way more concerned with using it as a blatant propaganda vehicle for every SJW issue under the sun

Will Season 2 set to start Jan 17, be "better"? At this point, does it matter? The damage to ST lore is done. Personally, I'd like nothing better than to have Discovery fly away, be forever forgotten & never seen again

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-18-2019 02:32 PM

Again "The Orville " was a good watch! Watched Roswell, New Mexico, I thought it was more for the youngish crowd, done in the "Vampire " venue, I will try it again.

STD was to be on CBS last night, could't find it, and was not listed on my TV listing App. . :?:

By far the best is "Project Blue Book" it is loaded, with "Goodies"! One thing to think about, is that Hynek, was hired as a Civilian Observer, the Military was and is always in control of "information/dis-information. Hynek was an Astrophysicist, Astronomer. He was "Advisor" on two other Military run projects, before he ever got to Blue Book.

Here is a good article on STD/ They are going to give the "Klingon's" back their hair! May be a good sign right there :D

Why Star Trek: Discovery’s New Showrunner Made Big Changes in Season Two
https://www.vulture.com/2019/01/star-tr ... anges.html
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 02-09-2019 07:17 PM

It's a matter of Principal, I will not pay for streaming CBS All Access when there's already CBS network on my Cable. And it really pissed me off when they thought they could rope in ST Fans with a new Star Trek Series.

Glad to see all the negative reviews of STD :lol: :lol: :lol: whoever came up with that name was NOT considering that, in the Social Media World, abbreviations and acronyms are used a lot :lol: :roll:

Shall we have a Thread dedicated to The Orville? I love that show, glad it got renewed for a second season!
"When they tell you not to Panic that's when you run!"

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-09-2019 08:40 PM

maryals51 wrote: 02-09-2019 07:17 PM Shall we have a Thread dedicated to The Orville? I love that show, glad it got renewed for a second season!
I second that separate thread notion if as nothing else a form of protection from STD

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

This Ain't Star Trek Discovery

Post by Riddick » 07-20-2019 08:13 PM

THIS looks like something I could watch.

-Donald Trump Image

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 07-22-2019 01:48 PM

Looks like they're bringing everyone back...Seven of Nine, even Troi and Riker, even Data!
Sorry, I'm -a- still gonna stand on Principle
If STD and the new series "Picard" was on Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime, that wold be OK
"When they tell you not to Panic that's when you run!"

Riddick
Pirate

STP Yes, STD No

Post by Riddick » 07-27-2019 11:47 PM

maryals51 wrote: 07-22-2019 01:48 PM If STD and the new series "Picard" was on Netflix or Hulu or Amazon Prime, that wold be OK
And if like The Orville, they were both on OTA TV, that would be more than OK. Still, STD I can do without either way! IMHO there's nothing that'll make up for the way the show's crapped on canon to this point :evil:

Anahoo, here's ST:Picard's cast with some more background on Jean Luc's return -

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”