"The Giver" A Movie

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

"The Giver" A Movie

Post by Doka » 09-04-2018 06:40 PM

"The Giver" A Movie

Saturday I had a bout of restless chanel flipping and somehow landed on this little gem of a movie, just as it started. It is a little , low budget movie ($25 Million). It grossed $67 million at it's 1st release Aug 15, 2014. You say you never heard of it! There is a reason for that, if you take the time to watch it.

The movie , from the novel " The Giver" written by Lois Lowry in 1993. I took Jeff Bridges over 20 years, to finally get it made( in movie) form.

WARNING
The 2 sites I have posted are big time "Spoilers" but still cannot compare, to what this movie offers the viewer, it is far more complex than you would think, at 1st glance.

The Giver - The Movie the Keeps on Giving
http://thegiverfilm.com/

Production
Jeff Bridges and author Lois Lowry at an event for the film in 2014

Jeff Bridges initially wanted to film the movie in the mid-1990s, and a script was written by 1998. Various barriers marred the production of the film, including when Warner Bros. bought the rights in 2007. The rights then ended up at The Weinstein Company and Walden Media.

Bridges originally intended that his own father, Lloyd Bridges, would play the title character, The Giver,[4] but he died in 1998.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giver_(film)

Thank You Jeff Bridges for being so Persistent!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Hokey Smoke, Bullwinkle!

Post by Riddick » 09-05-2018 11:48 AM

It may be social science fiction, but to me this movie's subject matter is something not all so impossible to imagine happening eventually if not sooner in some form.

Another addition to my watch list. Thanks for posting!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: "The Giver" A Movie

Post by Doka » 09-05-2018 01:11 PM

I am seeing it happening right now! Watch the Movie, maybe we can discuss?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Re: "The Giver" A Movie

Post by Riddick » 09-05-2018 02:25 PM

Doka wrote: 09-05-2018 01:11 PM I am seeing it happening right now! Watch the Movie, maybe we can discuss?
How soon I'll see it I dunno - Meantime I can say aside the science fiction aspect I agree no little of this sort of thing is going on already
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”