Discussion of the economy

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Oh Oh Germany Wants It's Gold Back

Post by Doka » 02-01-2014 11:53 PM

Do we have it??????

Why Germany wants its 674 tons of gold back
Germany’s central bank will relocate 54,000 solid gold bars, worth about billion, from deep underneath the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and the Banque de France in Paris to the safe confines of German soil -- vaults at the Bundesbank’s Frankfurt headquarters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... gold-back/

More Here:http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-dollar ... ld/5321894
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-02-2014 12:39 AM

:confused:

JPMorgan Loses 44% of Gold Inventories in 4 Days!

http://www.silverdoctors.com/jpmorgan-l ... in-4-days/

Two top American bankers commit suicide in London as one jumps 500ft to his death from JP Morgan skyscraper and another hangs himself in luxury home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... raper.html

Is this the sign of the other shoe dropping? Keep your cash close folks, keep safe.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-02-2014 10:37 AM

Will cash matter?

How many wheelbarrows will it take to buy........?
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-02-2014 01:39 PM

Kbot said:Will cash matter?

In my opinion, yes, it will, I don't think the "Dollar" will go away, I don't know what level it could sink to. But ,we already know that. Every time we go to the grocery store we experience "sticker shock" just from the week before! Remember we are all in the same "boat" and I and my neighbors can be very "creative". :)
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-03-2014 11:59 AM

Yes, but it seems that the government cqan be equally "creative". Heck, look what they did to the eleven year-old girl trying to sell cupcakes.........

A few years back I started reading about the new regulations the government was imposing on issues as diverse as herbs to raising chickens, tagging animals, submiting a count of animals on your property, the government's use of Google Earth to map non-farm properties that maintain animals, selling produce at farmers markets, and so on.

Health Department Shuts Down 11-Year-Old's Cupcake Business

The Health Department of Madison County, Illinois on Sunday shut down a baking operation run by an 11-year-old girl.

Chloe Stirling may be young, but she's already developed serious culinary and small business skills. She began an enterprise, called “Hey, Cupcake!,” out of her family's kitchen two years ago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the sixth grader earns around $200 a month selling her baked goods. Stirling hopes to use her income to one day open her own bakery. Her mother, Heather, also offered to match the money Stirling makes to buy a car when she turns 16. Additionally, “she has donated many to charitable events, including a fundraiser for a student with cancer and, most recently, taking some to residents at a senior care center,” writes the Belleville News-Democrat.

The desserts didn't sit well with the local government, though. The health department called Stirling's parents and demanded that the girl cease operations, because she was violating the Illinois State Food Service Code. Stirling lacked the necessary permit and the kitchen wasn't properly licensed.

"The guy told me I either had to buy her a bakery or put in a second kitchen (in the house),” Stirling's mother said.

How did the sleuths at the health department discover this renegade baker? She was on the front page of the local news. The News-Democrat wanted to highlight Stirling's entrepreneurship, so they wrote a feature about her.

Health Promotion Manager Amy Yeager told the Post-Dispatch, “The rules are the rules. It’s for the protection of the public health. The guidelines apply to everyone.” When asked whether it was worth the potential poor public relations, she said, “People will react how they choose to react. But it is our job.”

The sixth grade scofflaw doesn't blame the department for finally catching up with her code-violating behavior. She told KSDK, "Well, I think it's just the rules are rules and they kind of need to be followed. I really don't blame the health department because it's not really their fault.”

This isn't the first time law enforcement has tackled little criminals. Reason has covered numerous regulation-dodging lemonade runners, one of which had cancer, and even a zucchini black marketeer.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/01/29/healt ... 1-year-old
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-03-2014 01:54 PM

I really do wonder where all the gold lives now. There is a crapton being mined every day, does it all just go into some rich guy's James Bond type vault somewhere?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-03-2014 05:10 PM

kbot wrote: Will cash matter?

How many wheelbarrows will it take to buy........?

Paper no. Coins yes.

You could even trade on Susan B's, as most people don't know what they are. I've seen some people think they are gold. :)
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-04-2014 10:32 AM

voguy wrote: You could even trade on Susan B's, as most people don't know what they are. I've seen some people think they are gold. :)

No............. they can't be that dense....

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-04-2014 05:41 PM

kbot wrote: No............. they can't be that dense....

I'm not suggesting you do it, but shine one up real pretty and ask someone if they want a $1.00 Susan B gold piece.

Most people are not that smart. I've played this trick on people who you would think are intelligent to know better. People are ignorant about gold and coins.

I would suggest you ask someone if they would trade you something of value for a "gold piece" and see if they take the bait. Say; a gallon of milk or bag of MREs. People hear "gold" see something that looks like "gold" and they lose their common sense.

Don't get me started on $2 bills.

Disclaimer: The VOguy is not advocating anything which boarders on a crime or criminal activity except in cases of extreme public disobedience, riots, or mayhem. It's not the VOguy's fault if you approach someone who is coin savvy. In all cases you should only approach the one who looks like he struggled in 5th grade. If you are without anything, and subject to mob rule, passing off a Susan B as gold is the least of your worries. Do the deal then become lost.
Last edited by voguy on 02-04-2014 05:45 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-05-2014 02:36 AM

voguy wrote: Most people are not that smart.
You know it, I know it, but do THEY know it?? Not very likely...Fact is, fully half the population has a below average IQ -- and while that means the other half has above average intelligence, that doesn't necessarily mean they're all too smart -- much less that smart!

'Course, to some lack of intelligence isn't just a badge of honor, it's a reason to organize: In Union There Is Strength!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 02-05-2014 07:47 PM

Yup. And if there is lawlessness, and I need to supply to my family, you can bet the Susan Bs would be coming out.

Return to “Economy”