Economic Freedom Lost Under Obama: Nation Ties WORST SCORE EVER

Discussion of the economy

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Economic Freedom Lost Under Obama: Nation Ties WORST SCORE EVER

Post by Riddick » 02-02-2016 02:07 AM

The U.S. has fallen from the 6th freest economy in the world, when President Barack Obama took office, to 11th place in 2016.

With losses of economic freedom in eight of the past nine years, the U.S. has tied its worst score ever, wiping out a decade of progress.

The perils of losing economic freedom are not fictional. America’s declining score in the index is closely related to rapidly rising government spending, subsidies, and bailouts.

Vibrant entrepreneurial growth has been stymied by greater policy uncertainty and mounting debt. And a disturbing trend toward cronyism has gravely eroded the rule of law and distorted our free-market system.

As The Wall Street Journal recently summed it up, Obama is “a champion when it comes to limiting economic freedom, and American workers have the slow growth in jobs and wages to prove it.”

FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Re: Economic Freedom Lost Under Obama: Nation Ties WORST SCORE EVER

Post by voguy » 02-02-2016 06:14 PM

The way this is reported in the press makes me ill. In the town I lived it was said that our community was "The most affordable place to live", meaning that the net worth of all your property has lost over a quarter of its value. Still, you see politicians smile and think that's good that what you purchased is now devalued. In fact, one bragged that the housing bubble was good because property is cheaper.

Then there are the unemployment numbers. This house of cards is the supreme liars club of reports. It doesn't take into account those who lost jobs and have no lost benefits, and those who gave up and are living hand to mouth. One of the last stories I researched on this subject was the real numbers. The so called 5.7% was actually 27.8%. But the politicians say its 5.7% because those are NEW applications for public assistance.

The U.S. is going the way of ancient Rome.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Economic Freedom Lost Under Obama: Nation Ties WORST SCORE EVER

Post by Riddick » 02-03-2016 01:28 AM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Economy”