The Nightmare's Still On Main Street

Discussion of the economy

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

The Nightmare's Still On Main Street

Post by Riddick » 08-25-2016 05:51 PM

What are the most dysfunctional parts of the global financial system? China’s banking industry, you might say, with its great wall of bad debts and state-sponsored cronyism. Or the euro zone’s taped-together single currency, which stretches across 19 different countries, each with its own debts and frail financial firms.

Both are worrying. But if sheer size is your yardstick, nothing beats the American housing market. Center of the last crisis, a decade on now, the presumption is the mortgage-debt monster has been tamed - Yet, vast, nationalized, unprofitable and undercapitalised, it has still not been properly reformed and remains a menace to the world’s biggest economy. FULL STORY
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: The Nightmare's Still On Main Street

Post by Doka » 08-26-2016 12:47 AM

Just some ideas that have crossed my mind.
I think our life-styles will be changing. Home ownership will slip away from us, it already has trended that way. Smaller , sleeker, apartments will eventually be the norm. Most have owned a home, one time or another , I 'm talking Joe or Jane Average. There was Pride of Ownership, but it is very expensive to maintain in mint condition, something always needs attention, not to mention that a mid size house can eat up every minute of your life, except when you are working to pay for the thing. We are going into a new age, where not only economically it is going to be a bit touch and go. Time wise, have more interesting stuff to do.

No more large families like even a few years ago, things are just going to be Different. Little towns like mine will just go away. Just too cost prohibitive to maintain, you can only squeeze peoples pocket books just so much, before Services start disappearing . I believe people will start heading back to the cities, that's where the Action will be.
Jobs, medical, services, medical,shopping, fun stuff etc.

We just got a new Hot Shot Mayor, in our little berg. He is an Educator and from the Military based at the Pentagon . This guy has no idea what is about to happen to him :shock: He ran for Mayor and got it, because he was the only one that ran. Which should have given him his 1st clue. I give him 6 months before he is chewing on a rubber sheet or he is on a Recall Partition .
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Economy”