Wal-Mart Slashes Online Prices To Match Amazon...Does It Matter?

Discussion of the economy

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-27-2017 11:45 AM

It would be a nice Christmas Treat, for a "price war"! :D

Quote:
"Right now the better use of cash is to compete with Amazon and invest that in the business, because if anyone has a fighting chance to stand up to Amazon, it is Wal-Mart."

Wal-Mart's in-store prices have long been the lowest in the retail industry after decades of building a massive store footprint and subsequently beating vendors into submission. That said, with brick-and-mortar sales continually being eroded by online sales, pricing dominance against Amazon is becoming far more important than in-store dominance against the likes of Target.

To that end, as Reuters points out today, Wal-Mart is seemingly embracing a new pricing war with Amazon this holiday season and now sports online prices that are nearly on par with the online retailing giant.

The Article

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-2 ... -it-matter
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: Wal-Mart Slashes Online Prices To Match Amazon...Does It Matter?

Post by kbot » 11-27-2017 12:16 PM

I'm coming to the conclusion that the fastest-growing job will be FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc. Some days I watch as two, three, four UPS trucks come down my street (and I live on a cul-de-sac), and they guys are calling out to each other. Talk about a waste of gas.

And for what?!!?!??!? Stuff that will soon be in a brand-spanking new landfill coming to a location near you (or me).

I've been watching the holiday shoppers freaking out, driving like maniacs (around here, that's saying a lot as just about everyone here practices offensive driving). MK, you'll appreciate this one - my wife told me that she as coming home from work on black Friday and one idiot passed so close to an 18-wheeler that you could have barely first a peanut between the car and the rig.

There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-27-2017 01:05 PM

Amazon and Wal-Mart price war?
Fa la la la la la la la la
F*** the halls of brick and mortar!
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Mobs of shoppers are so frightful
Online discounts are delightful
Fa la la la la la la la la..
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-27-2017 05:32 PM

Riddick wrote: 11-27-2017 01:05 PM Amazon and Wal-Mart price war?
F*** the halls of brick and mortar!
Fa la la la la la la la la.
Mobs of shoppers are so frightful
Online discounts are delightful
Fa la la la la la la la la..

Amen :D :rolleyes:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Economy”