Trump v Guthrie

Belowdecks...Serious rants, etc...

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Trump v Guthrie

Post by voguy » 01-21-2016 04:56 PM

I'm posting this story here because I can bet it will evolve into something to do with the candidate and political rants. But in reality it's interesting from the position of two men with diverse lives and opinions, and it evolves into music and prose. Enjoy, but check your vile at the door.

Woody Guthrie Despised His Landlord—Donald Trump's Racist Father

http://gawker.com/woody-guthrie-despise ... 1754282007
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Diogenes
Pirate

Re: Trump v Guthrie

Post by Diogenes » 01-21-2016 08:57 PM

Interesting how Guthrie and Trump Sr. crossed paths and so diverse, in such close proximity.

Considering the times I'm not surprised.
A man's character is his fate

Doka
Pirate

Re: Trump v Guthrie

Post by Doka » 01-22-2016 10:17 AM

Woody Guthrie was was probably one of the original "protest" song makers. It would seem natural that he would clash with the Trumps and any successful industrialist, therefore "racists". With Woodys communist leanings, most of his songs where hauntingly about injustice to the working man. I have no doubt that he would have been one of the 1st to sign up for "Black Lives Matter". It is what it is. This is just a Classical example of one sided stories, albeit, a weak one against Trump, cause of his father?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “The Murky Bilge”