Something this way comes...

The view is great, the air is fresh

Moderator: Super Moderators

Ken 24-7
Pirate

Post by Ken 24-7 » 05-29-2006 04:59 PM

I thought I'd post this here for you guys to see, as a bit of a counterpoint to all the bad news we see all the time. This really brightened my day.

-----------

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national ... escue.html

200 metres from Everest summit, Canadian halts climb to rescue man

A Calgary woman says she's very proud of her husband for being part of a team that saved an Australian climber who was left for dead on Mount Everest.

"I know he feels he made the right decision," Jennifer Brash said of her husband Andrew. "He was very close to the summit, but more importantly, he did the right thing for this climber," she told CBC News on Saturday.

Lincoln Hall reached the summit on Thursday and was descending with his Russian-led expedition when he reportedly became delirious, a sign of fluid on the brain, and could not be moved. His wife and teenage sons had been told he had died.

Hall spent the night alone at an elevation of 8,700 metres, before other climbers including the Calgarian found him the next morning.

Brash's group gave Hall tea, oxygen and a radio for communication. Hall later received medical attention from Sherpas who moved him to a warm tent.

On Saturday, Hall was able to walk into the advanced base camp, 6,400 metres above sea level. He was being treated for frostbite and cerebral edema — swelling to the brain caused by altitude sickness.

Calgarian was close to summit

Brash was only 200 metres from the summit when he decided to abandon his climb and help the Australian, his wife said.

It was Brash's second attempt in the last two weeks to reach the top of the world's tallest mountain.

"I'm sure he has some mixed emotions, maybe not right now, but in the future he might, and it will probably haunt him for the rest of his life," she said.

"But I know that he'll be happy with his decision, and it's a greater achievement than actually reaching the summit, to be part of saving someone's life."

The rescue of the Australian mountaineer follows the well-publicized and controversial death of another Everest climber last week.

David Sharp of England died on the mountain of apparent oxygen deprivation, and reports have alleged that more than 40 fellow mountaineers opted not to assist him despite his situation.

---------

There are still good people in this world! :)

By the way, if you're interested in seeing the kind of feedback CBC.ca received to that story, click here:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/viewpoint/yoursp ... erest.html

Ken
"You never had a camera in my head."
-- Jim Carrey, 'The Truman Show' (1998)

blackeyes
Pirate

Post by blackeyes » 05-29-2006 05:30 PM

To add my two cents I believe there is a collective consensus that something is coming. It's not something we can change. Whether it's natural or not the feeling is spreading world wide. You can't blame it on the internet or television, much of the world is without such influence. We can not ignore the tide of emotion. Most fear what they don't understand. Learn as much as you can to teach others that ask the questions.

earthist
Pirate

Post by earthist » 05-31-2006 12:24 AM

Hello, Pirates. I'm new here, and I'd like to run an idea past you.

Do you recall how you felt the first time your parent(s) took you to school (or daycare, or whatever) and left you on your own? That feeling of fear, anger, abandonment, or whatever you might have felt when you security and support suddenly went away?Hold that for a minute.

I believe that the Earth is not just a ball of rock and magma. I believe Earth is a spiritual 'being' which created the ball of rock and magma, and over 4 billion years or so, evolved life, and supported it as a mother/grandmother. In fact, I call her Grandmother Earth out of respect.

Now to the point: I believe that Grandmother Earth is sick. She is weak to the point she can no longer support us. Why isn't important for this post. In effect, we've been dropped off somewhere with our security and support suddenly removed.

Anyway, the point is not to convince you that I'm right, it's to ask you whether applying this idea gives you any additional insight into the feelings of foreboding/darkness that is the theme of this thread?

In other words, I'm asking whether the 'darkening' is at least partly due to a reduction in 'light' rather than solely an addition of 'dark.' That's how I see things, but I'm really wondering whether we're talking about the same phenomenon, or whether it's something different?

Thanks for your thoughts and responses.
Any time you get something for nothing, it means that someone, somewhere, got nothing for something.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-31-2006 12:59 AM

Welcome to the forum, earthist. Intriguing post. So, you feel the earth and earth spirit may be weakening. Do you believe the conscious thought and communion of people with the earth spirit will help strengthen her?

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2006 01:08 AM

Welcome earthist, I think she is our mom, not grandma but who to say.....she is quite old ya know.;)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2006 01:08 AM

Linnea wrote: Do you believe the conscious thought and communion of people with the earth spirit will help strengthen her?

I know you asked earthist but I do Linn..........

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 05-31-2006 07:49 AM

Earthist,
Welcome to the FF.
I think you have a facinating and thought provoking Concept.
We have, as a whole, turned away from the Mother Spirit of Earth. I'm sure that any nature attuned culture ( native Americans, for example ) would agree that this is the true reason for the screwy weather, earthquakes, ect plauging the globe now.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

earthist
Pirate

Post by earthist » 05-31-2006 12:53 PM

Linnea wrote: Welcome to the forum, earthist. Intriguing post. So, you feel the earth and earth spirit may be weakening. Do you believe the conscious thought and communion of people with the earth spirit will help strengthen her?

Thanks for the welcomes!

Communion -- good term -- certainly can't hurt. I don't know whether we're beyond that point, though. I expect it would help us more than her. Either way, I think it's a good thing.

But do you think it's relevant to the forebodings mentioned here? Is it relevant to this thread? What I'm looking for is information/discussion of whether there is really a dark or perhaps evil 'force' at work here lately, especially after considering my comments. If so, I hope for more discussion of the nature of the force.

Thanks!:)
Last edited by earthist on 05-31-2006 01:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Any time you get something for nothing, it means that someone, somewhere, got nothing for something.

Ken 24-7
Pirate

Post by Ken 24-7 » 06-01-2006 05:45 PM

moonchild2 wrote: I have friends who discuss this issue at great length. Everybody, it seems, has the feeling that something big and horrible is about to occur.

I believe it's because we are much more in tune with everything that's going on around us. Information comes at us instantly via TV and Internet from every inch of the planet. Perhaps the information highways (TV and Internet) are the evil - as they are the tool of the messenger.

Imagine if we lived on a farm a few miles outside of a small community and we had no access to TV or Internet and we worked our little butts off from dawn to dusk to survive. Do you think that we would have time to "get feelings" of doom? What would spark those feelings? Our fears would be much more concentrated because our world would be. Unless.... we were all as gifted as the great prophets, Nostradamus, etc.

Moonchild2, I think this sums up my feelings perfectly -- that the intangible oppression many of us are sensing is a consequence of being that much more informed about events around the world. There was a time when political squabbles or human disasters on the other side of the planet -- in the next country over, even -- were too distant and too far removed from our own little lives to be worth much thought. But in an age of globalization, of instant communication, everything is interconnected. Other people's suffering is our concern; other nations' politics and economy can affect us; foreign policy, ours and others', is hitting home more than ever. The world has gotten smaller, and our worldview has gotten bigger. And what we're discovering is that there's a lot of evil out there, more than we can wrap our heads around.

Exposed to all that, who wouldn't feel like the heel of the cosmic shoe is slowly descending on us as a civilization?

The "darkness" that others mentioned, I think, is not so much a manifestation of a weakening of the spirit of the Earth, or of some malevolent supernatural force; it comes from a collective, yet individual, sense of helplessness to effect any measurable change in the state of global affairs.

Is the medium that delivers the message evil? I don't think so. It simply is what it is. But the message is undeniably depressing, and we're inundated with it more today than ever before in history. Information overload, indeed.

But I believe that some good will come out of it, sooner or later. A people that learns to think globally will learn to act with respect and consideration for all people and all things. Transcending our tiny tribal sensibilities, we can subject the entire world and its infinite territorial, political, cultural, spiritual and religious subdivisions to a much-needed meta-analysis and suss out its basic commonalities.

No matter how different we all are, on some level we're all the same, and that's where I believe we'll find the means to break out of this darkness and reach the light.

After all, every religion at its core teaches us to be nice to each other. Everything else is clutter.

Ken
"You never had a camera in my head."
-- Jim Carrey, 'The Truman Show' (1998)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-01-2006 10:08 PM

moonchild2 wrote: I believe it's because we are much more in tune with everything that's going on around us. Information comes at us instantly via TV and Internet from every inch of the planet. Perhaps the information highways (TV and Internet) are the evil - as they are the tool of the messenger.

Imagine if we lived on a farm a few miles outside of a small community and we had no access to TV or Internet and we worked our little butts off from dawn to dusk to survive. Do you think that we would have time to "get feelings" of doom? What would spark those feelings? Our fears would be much more concentrated because our world would be. Unless.... we were all as gifted as the great prophets, Nostradamus, etc.

I must disagree here, at least to a point, and especially in regard to myself. In my original post on this thread, I said:
Joolz wrote: I had a similar feeling back in the mid-70s... "something's coming." And I ran for the hills (literally) and remained there for 10 years before I poked my head out again. I did not feel it in the mid-80s, but then, in the mid-80s, I had a 5-year-old to take care of, and, out of necessity, wasn't really paying attention to much else. I felt it again in the mid-90s, as did many I spoke with in metaphysical sorts of circles. That time, I ran and ended up here because there was something I knew I had to do here (I am doing it). And I feel it again now in the mid-00s (? what do we call this decade?).

So, at least for ME, it has little to do with information overload or any such phenomenon. And I must say that during that period when I "ran for the hills," I had NO television and no radio for several years, and I was very much involved in working my butt off from dawn to dusk. But the feeling that had provoked me to fade into the mists of the hills did not go away. It persisted. For me, at least, it isn't something that is perceived mentally or intellectually. It is something that comes from a deeper place, and is perceived, or actually, felt, through the heart.

I am sure that the information overload mentioned here does play into it for some people, but not for me.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-01-2006 10:17 PM

Joolz's I know that feeling you are talking about, I felt it also for the first time in the mid eighties and as a result I made major changes in my life so out of character that it pretty much shocked everyone I knew. I got a divorce, left everything I knew and took my children to California.............I can tell you this I did not find what I was looking for there, problem is I didn't know what I was looking for but do know that it is inside me not in California or anywhere else, running away isn't the answer. I still have those feelings on very deep level and also do not think it is overload in my case.

Pixie36
Pirate

Post by Pixie36 » 06-17-2006 02:51 PM

I've been reading the messages of OPERATION TERRA and it tells that our earth is undergoing a change from EARTH to TERRA and explains why a lot of us are having the feeling that we have.

http://www.operationterra.com/

Read some of the messages here to know what I mean. I'm not saying I believe it all, but a lot of it is resonating with me.

It's worth a look......at least at the first two messages of Volume One.

Barbie
Pirate

Maybe it's the NEW & IMPROVED Chemtrails

Post by Barbie » 06-17-2006 03:02 PM

Just this past week, from people in the Dakotas, I've been e-mailed about planes making chemtrail-type maneauvers, but with NO CLOUD streams. However, the skies (altho they stay blue) take on a weird appearance--as if you're viewing them through antique, clear glass. Perhaps this new and improved chemtrail formula is being used to make those of us who are complaining about the pollutants appear even less credible. If we can't show a cloudy trail, then it must be the moisture in the atmosphere causing the rippling of the blue sky.

earthist
Pirate

Post by earthist » 06-19-2006 11:52 PM

Pixie36 wrote: I've been reading the messages of OPERATION TERRA and it tells that our earth is undergoing a change from EARTH to TERRA and explains why a lot of us are having the feeling that we have.

Hi, Pixie, and welcome to the ship from a fellow newbie. Just want to let you know that I've read the entire 'first volume.' It is indeed interesting, and worth reading, as long as you employ a bit of scepticism. It's quite seductive, and I fear it is also a bit dangerous in the sense of similarities to the Heaven's Gate incident.

Still, it may well explain some of the feelings mentioned in this thread. Thanks for pointing it out.

Return to “The Crow's Nest”