The view is great, the air is fresh

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Who are we....really?

Post by Linnea » 05-12-2006 12:10 PM

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 05-12-2006 12:14 PM

Kewl. But Linnea, how long does it take? I had to bail after the first page.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-12-2006 12:19 PM

Hmmmm. Think it took about 4 sets of 28 questions. Questions are easy.... If you are decisive, should move right along.
:D

And...I think you will be amazed at the results. This is not fluff. imo

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 05-12-2006 01:02 PM

I'll bite -- although not being a Trekkie handicapped me -- I had to infer alot of the meanings.

This does sound an *awful* lot like me.

INTJ

This test says you are an INTJ (Introvert, Intuitive, Thinker, Judger).* In Star Trek, you share a basic personality configuration with the characters of Jean-Luc Picard, Seven of Nine, and T'Pol.

Qualities

People like you are generally autonomous, reserved (perceived by others as "aloof"), and intellectual. You sometimes give the impression you have no need of others, but you're intensely curious and driven to learn. You're cautious with others socially and respond best to people who don't push you to be friendly or affectionate. You appreciate when others follow your lead and accept your advice in the helpful spirit in which it is intended. You're calm by nature and feel off-balance when confronted by highly emotional people.

You're highly organized and expect the same of others. You analyze automatically and enjoy seeing patterns and trends. When your mind is made up, that's it, which means that while you're definitive and strong, you can be stubborn and arrogant. You live in a world of ideas.

You respond best to other people's needs when they tell you about them clearly. You value honesty greatly and you're excellent at employing constructive criticism. You prize people who listen to you and respect your ideals. You are somewhat contemptuous of those who don't pay attention to what you say and extremely contemptuous of those who can't do their jobs well.

Goals

Your primary goal in life is achieving independence and being able to live according to your own standards. Your reward is continual expansion of your competence and knowledge.

Work

You are almost completely project-driven. Though you won't work against your fundamental principles, the current job before you can consume pretty much all other considerations. You will perform all-out for a superior you respect, but you have a sometimes unfortunate tendency to let bosses know when they've lost your admiration, or when you disagree with them.

You lead and follow equally well, as long as you believe that what you're doing will work. Perceived futility can make you shut down, and you will suffer intense feelings of failure if your end product is not "perfect." A good supervisor will give you praise for all successes. A bad one will only add to your stress by pointing out problems you already know about for which you are probably already punishing yourself. When stressed, you may deny blame out of self-preservation.

Make sure you market yourself and your ideas at work, or you may be taken for granted. All too often, the logic of your strategy can be lost on others, so don't resent it when asked to explain your actions.

Relationships

Social skills may be your undoing, especially making small talk at parties or flirting with strangers. You feel everything very deeply, so you've learned to keep what you feel to yourself. This combination can alienate people instantly and even make stubborn suitors give up in frustration.

On the flip side, you can learn to interpret others' visual and vocal signals with expertise if you're willing to make the effort. You're better at understanding people than you may think, and you work hard at relationships you care about. But beware answering someone's request for emotional support with advice and solutions.

Jobs

Good careers for your type include being a starship captain, intellectual property attorney, news analyst, design engineer, software developer, inventor, Webmaster, architect, and ex-Borg.

Starbuck
Pirate

Post by Starbuck » 05-12-2006 07:11 PM

I'm ENFP (Extrovert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perceiver)
just like Kirk. :cool:

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 05-12-2006 07:32 PM

I'm not sure about this. It scored me as an ISFP, but every other time I've taken the Myers-Briggs test I come out INFJ.
Anchors Aweigh

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-12-2006 09:08 PM

mostly....pretty right on.....

ESFP (Extrovert, Sensor, Feeler, Perceiver)

Return to “The Crow's Nest”