Ian Punnett - BORING

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 07-03-2005 05:00 PM

Linnea wrote: Joe? I don't understand...

I will say this, though. How each of us comes to terms with our own consciousness - our 'stange attractor' in chaos theory, maybe - forms and informs our reality.

As we empower our thought processes, we create our own realities, including any energy we identify as evil or good.

As we focus our energies on the great evils you describe in such exquisite detail - we give them form and existence - in our reality. Just that.

There is no absolute beyond consciousness. Unless, unless - we choose to allow the concept of 'Grace' as an aspect of - a component of - consciousness.

Grace, to me - means we allow a humility, a yearning for completeness - that we are 'not alone'. That we are 'known' by and included in, a higher and absolute consciousness which both includes and is more than - our individual consciousness.

What we do with that, is under our control.

Discrimination - Grace

Beautiful thoughts Linnea. Grace is a beautiful thing:)

Joe, thanks for sharing. Your long drawn attacks on the Catholic Church do cause me to pause and ask myself some tough questions. However I do feel inadequate to even be in your presence and greatness let alone post a reply. In fact I should just stop posting and finish my Dr. Suess novels. Forgive this uneducated peasant and his ill use of words. :rolleyes:

I have seen the most profound statements come from the simplist of individuals. Even the uneducated and the poor...children have moments of great wisdom as well:cool:

Peace to all and may we learn to live together in harmony. (I know a lofty goal)
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-03-2005 05:21 PM

I think it has to be accepted that disagreement is part of any unity, and difference of opinion must not necessarily assume separation.

Perhaps my high expectations of Ians return, based on my past enthusiasm, has set me up for an unusual degree of disapointment.

Perhaps I thought it would be like riding a bicycle.....

Who knows?
I hope all goes well

Peace and Love to all :)

Linnea

For the 4th of July

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 05:30 PM

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America!
God shed his grace on thee
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

*With special tribute to the First Americans, all here on the Fantastic Forum, and all those in the Armed Services who are far from their families this weekend.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-03-2005 06:01 PM

Thanks for the 4th of July words Linnea, I echo your thoughts regarding the negativity regarding Ian, this type of negativity seems to be permeating our wonderful forum as of late, my God doesn't anyone have anything nice to say any more, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Not that it matters but I am a Jewish' and it doesn't bother me what Ian is, not the reason I like or listen to him, nice to hear a different point of view, just might learn something.

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 07-03-2005 06:58 PM

I knew you were a mensch, Shirley. :)
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-03-2005 07:06 PM

Bellisima wrote: I knew you were a mensch, Shirley. :)

Shalom Bellisima und A gezunt ahf dein kop!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-03-2005 07:43 PM

Hey, Shirley - a mensch, indeed! and a Michigander! Yes, what they call us out here in the great northwest. Sometimes while brandishing canes.
:)

Thank you, Vigo - for the kind thoughts.

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-03-2005 07:56 PM

Sorry Shirley, but I don't feel remotely ashamed of myself for saying that I was very disapointed in Ians recent show.

And yes, happy Fourth of July Weekend to all :)

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-03-2005 08:33 PM

Just was thinking as I was browsing around, and you know I like you Shirley, but I hope you don't mind me asking how you view it when you express your view of George Noory's hosting? You would be the last person I would expect to hear catagorize another persons point of view as negativity.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-03-2005 08:40 PM

sayntbrigid wrote: Just was thinking as I was browsing around, and you know I like you Shirley, but I hope you don't mind me asking how you view it when you express your view of George Noory's hosting? You would be the last person I would expect to hear catagorize another persons point of view as negativity.

What makes you think I was talking about you, mine was a general statement.
I don't listen to Noory.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 07-03-2005 09:28 PM

As an atheist, I can't say other's religious propensities affect me one way or the other. Unless there is an effort made to impose religious doctrine on me, use religion as an excuse to harm others, or intrude into objective scientific inquiry, I am happy to let those who have "the god part of the brain" enjoy their faith, without criticism from me.

When religion is used in these negative ways, we have Islamic terrorism, and it's counterpart in a dualistic dance, BushCo's Amerka.

There is a great evil lurking in our world. In our own country, it snakes through the government, and has lodged like a plug, in the hearts of many of my fellow Americas. We see the manifestations of that evil in torture, war, greed and death. It is ravaging the precious environment of our little island earth, our only sanctuary in the dark, coldness of space. It is staining the human heart, and threatening our very future. It leaves me with a deep, unrelenting sadness, that cuts to my very core.

I find my self at ease with most of the tenants of Buddhism, and practice them, as well as I am able, in my own life. I do think our individual consciousness are connected, call that a consciousness pool, or a higher consciousness, if you will. You can call that god if you want, and say I am not an atheist, I don't care. That's OK with me, I don't care much for labels of anyway.

The bottom line, when it comes to religion, is that if it enriches your life, helps you to transcend self allowing you to merge with the higher consciousness, helps to nourish the love within us all, and reach out to others with that love, it can be a wonderful thing. There are many who seem to gain from the tenants of their religious teachings in a positive way, like Mother Theresa and Martin Luther King, and I applaud that.

Everyone has their own path, and it is the walking of that path that is this thing we call life. I don't even know if their is an end to the path. Walking the path is enough for me.

Carry on, this is a very interesting discussion,

Good health to you all.

Nemo
Pirate

Post by Nemo » 07-03-2005 11:53 PM

I don't know if you have considered how ironic it might be for a host of Coast to Coast to be a religious type. We are living at the dawn of a new age, and this is why the existing forms and paradigms are dying out. Aliens, UFOs, 'new age' thinking, paranormal experiences, synchronicity, and bizarre twists and turns in science all hail the coming new age.

The old age is the one with the 'war god' - the age of 'chosen people' vs. the goyim or gentiles. The true worshipers vs. the infidels. Zion vs. the world. The Holy Land vs. Babylon. It is a sickness we see in our leaders who are all marked by the struggle to bring about the fading promise of the old order. It is the same struggle our 'enemies' are involved with - trying to save the old order. The old order is dead.

Well, I have met with some aliens myself and they don't have the 'old tyme religion.' They say there are two things only: Pure Consciousness from which perspective there is nothing else - no beings, no people, no good and evil, no grace, no god or gods, no things, no time, no space. But this is only half of 'reality.' The other half they say is Mind. Mind is all things, all beings, all energy, all time, all cause and effect. And these two things always exist. It is up to us to decide where in Mind we want to reside.

This perspective they are bringing to the Earth. The old is struggling against it - rising up in one last rebellion against the dawn.

To me, all people, whether they be hosts of Coast to Coast or not, who are struggling to uphold the old in the name of the new are counterfeit. They are not the real deal. They are used car salesmen. They are selling Sears ponchos. The are country preachers and rabbis counting steps on the Sabbath. And, they are boring.

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 07-04-2005 12:01 AM

sayntbrigid wrote: I think it has to be accepted that disagreement is part of any unity, and difference of opinion must not necessarily assume separation.

sayntbrigid, I whole heartily agree with your comments. I think this discussion has at times become a soapbox to strike out at others beliefs. I don't see you doing this, infact I have only seen respect and peaceful comments in your posts that I have read. I thank you for words of wisdom and grace that you do share. They bring me to appreciate another side of our great cosmic consciousness.

Mudwoman, I love how you bring life to a discussion and share your beliefs without demeaning those you may not agree with. I do believe in God and yet I can appreciate your view of not believing in God. It doesn't seem to effect the way I view your posts. I look with sincerity at your wisdom which I have come to appreciate and try to see how it fits within the core of my beliefs. Thank you for sharing and helping me to see another point of view.

Regarding Ian...I listened and had no problem with his voice or how he handled himself. I did listen to him keeping in mind his religious background. I chose not to post on the ORR because I felt as a Christian Catholic I would be attacked for any religious comment that I would choose to share. Attacking Chritians, Catholic or any other religion seems to be fair game to some on this forum. To keep things civil I just don't bring it up. I do however respond to any blatant anti-religious comment that effects me or my beliefs. I try to keep it civil, but its hard when something that is important to you is attacked or made to look...wacked out...you know like the belief in UFOS, Conspiracies or any paranormal activity that happens to be on the Coast.;) JMHO

Peace and love to all.

Indeed Linnea "O beautiful..." Sang it in church today. ahhhhh.:cool:
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 07-04-2005 02:33 AM

Vigo, I was born and raised Catholic. Believe it or not, at one time, the nuns thought I had a calling......LOL

That is where the sayntbrigid comes from...there, I never thought I'd tell.....and have a calling of sorts, maybe, but I was arguing with the nuns and priests at a very early age, they used to tell me I would argue with God himself.......LOL

But I respect all peoples beliefs, and would defend anyones right to believe as they believe.......and try to speak my current understanding, with the understanding that even that will change.

Love to you all :)

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 07-04-2005 03:01 AM

Vigo, that's a tough one to sing without getting teared up.

I'm enjoying Ian, I've found his character refreshing in a way that usually isn't there otherwise.

He is not George, nor is he an Art

but he is fresh and in touch with an element that hopefully will bring a new feel to things that have apparently been "skipping' like a worn out old piece of vinyl on the turntable.

peace...

fab
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”