How does Ian compare to Art

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Harmoniman
Pirate

I LOVE COAST TO COAST

Post by Harmoniman » 08-23-2005 05:53 PM

Why is everyone so polarized these days ? Why is everything so black and white ? Liberals/conservatives,gays/straights/demoplicans/republicrats,christians/
Muslims, Norry-Punnett/Bell and on and on... Why do we have to take sides ? Can't we all just get along ? I like Art for what he is, Ian for being Ian, and George....well ,George is George. May Allah bless you all, and have a nice day. Your friend, Jim :)
Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment
they start waving guns about? Doctor Who

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-23-2005 07:35 PM

Harmoniman, I share your longing for the good old apolitical days. Unfortunately, at certain times and in certain places of human history, there is a need to adopt a black-or-white, goats-or-sheep approach to reality. Most unfortunately, in my opinion, the first decade of the 21st century (and, probably, the second decade as well) is one of those eras.

Others on this board will tell you that I, of all people, cannot understand what you are feeling. But I myself have never forgotten the amoral and apolitical days of my youth, when the world was filled with far greater beauty and with far less moral obligation than it is now... I do understand your yearning, Harmoniman. It's just that I can not delude myself into thinking that I will ever be able to indulge it again in this lifetime...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”