How does Ian compare to Art

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

mahram

How does Ian compare to Art

Post by mahram » 08-07-2005 11:58 PM

i was wondering how you guys rate ian so far to george or art?
Everybody knows leperchauns are extint :D

Lord Moon
Pirate

Ian is so far below both Art and George...

Post by Lord Moon » 08-08-2005 12:08 AM

He's like a sophmore in high school playing with his tape recorder pretending to be a talk show host....useless...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-08-2005 10:55 AM

Unfair question, Ian is a good host but different than Art, he knows the subjects and comes well prepared like Art and I enjoy listening to him, glad he is back with us.

THE NEGATIVITY IS RAMPANT ALL OVER THIS BOARD OF LATE.:mad:

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-08-2005 11:29 AM

I hear you, Shirleypal.

Ian's show Saturday night/Sunday morning was with cryptozoologist Tom Morphy, and was quite informative as well as entertaining. They talked about everything from Bigfoot & chupacabras to Trunko and giant catfish. :cool:

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 08-08-2005 11:32 AM

;) :cool:

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-08-2005 12:00 PM

Ian Punnitt is a highly intelligent and highly educated man, much more highly educated than George Noory, not to mention Art Bell. But Ian Punnitt, for all his superficial attractiveness and charm, is a bourgeois mainstream Christian, as is Noory. Art, however, for all his educational uncouthness, has raw genius and made the show what it was --- and is no longer.

But I am spitting into the wind. The people who idolized Art are all gone now, and Coast-to-Coast has become a rathole for Christian fundi freaks.
Last edited by joequinn on 08-08-2005 12:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-08-2005 12:09 PM

joequinn wrote: But I am spitting into the wind. The people who idolized Art are all gone now, and Coast-to-Coast has become a rathole for Christian fundi freaks.

Hey Joe I am still here, not sure I idolize Art, but close, oh and you are still here.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-08-2005 12:15 PM

I still feel Art is the best, but I do enjoy Ian, he has a very peaceful way of interviewing. I used to complain about George alot but he is starting to grow on me.:)

theWAVE
Pirate

Post by theWAVE » 08-08-2005 03:52 PM

The glory nights of radio are far and few between.

Back in the 90's Art's out of the box thinking and most of his subject material was kinda scary.
Dealing with shadow governments and UFO's.
Black magic, paranormal, ghosts.
Dr. Doom and Y 2000,' Solar Flares, Kill Shots', etc.
'The Quickening'
'The Global Super Storm,' etc.

But' since the world has got a lot scarier, itself.

As far as Ian' ....
It's hard for me to get with his voice cadence'. Too much of the stumbling through sentences.. Pauses, etc.

As far as his beliefs'... That's even scarier, being that the beliefs promise there will be mass destruction. Armageddon,' etc.
Revelations is upon us, why... Collective' mass consciousness.
True Christians' wouldn't have it any other way.

Religion in general, sucks.

The collective consciousness could make this solar system a paradise ... but no'.
Religion that controls the masses and the war machines' only prevail.
Just take a look around at the ages and the present conditions of this planet...

Ian' promotes this way of thinking.
Last edited by theWAVE on 08-08-2005 03:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-08-2005 04:22 PM

I liked the early 90's Art. It was fun, spontaneous and sometimes scary. But no matter who the host is I have come to one conclusion.......I can't recall one thing that has ever been discussed that has ever come true.....No ufo's....no ghost no y2k....no earthquake predictions.....no mibs....no illuminati....no cities on Mars, Big feeties. No nothing unless you really want to stretch it. I like it purely for the entertainment value. It's fun to think "what if" even though it's all a load. Like that guy who was on two weeks ago telling us how there are already 20 nukes just waiting to go off here. Sounded official, but when you get to his web page ya gotta by the 40 dollar tape if you want the whole story. Hey if I knew the details of that story I wouldn't be charging for the info.

I feel I'm at that stage a 8 year old gets to when he finds out there is no Santa clause.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 08-08-2005 06:18 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Hey Joe I am still here, not sure I idolize Art, but close, oh and you are still here.
And me....ditto.
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-08-2005 06:22 PM

Ben there are members on this board who have had personal experience including me on some of the subjects you mention, are you telling us we are wrong. Just because you haven't had first hand experience doesn't mean it your words it is a load.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 08-08-2005 06:50 PM

BenSlain wrote: But no matter who the host is I have come to one conclusion.......I can't recall one thing that has ever been discussed that has ever come true.....No ufo's....no ghost no y2k....no earthquake predictions.....no mibs....no illuminati....no cities on Mars, Big feeties. No nothing unless you really want to stretch it.
Just because you've never seen a UFO or a ghost doesn't mean they don't exist. Many people have and do. And the factual evidence and eyewitness testimony is very compelling.

Are you going to say that there is no evidence that the Quickening is happening or global warming? Come on. Even alota hardcore head in the sand Republicans are finally coming around on this.

Or that the Illuminati, NWO, the Bilderbergs, the Trilateral Commission, or the Council on Foreign Relations doesn’t exist. Ever heard of Skull and Bones? You better. Your president is a member of them. And more than likely he and his thug lackeys are members of the others as well.

Btw, MIBs aren't really like the comic book or the movie with Will Smith. It's just an acronym for federal agents sent to spy on American citizens.

But I agree there is a ton of snake oil salesmen and hucksters on C2C. There are also a lot of legit and intelligent guests on that have a powerful and analytical presentation as well on many of those subjects.

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 08-08-2005 07:01 PM

There are many sides of every issue......politics, religion, searching for physical evidence of mythological creatures, aliens from outerspace, and talk show hosts...........

why all the criticism of diverse points of view?

wheres the empathy.....you know......the reaching out to attempt to understand another point of view.........and another talk show hosts approach............

everybody is different...............

its learning about those differences that make the world a worthwhile place.....still........

and those differences that make the world a "living place"

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 08-08-2005 07:11 PM

Well Space. I did see a triangle in Ohio at 3 in the morning once.. But I'm starting to think it was lack of sleep...My point is every guest there seems to have the...As Rom would say, "the smoking gun"...but we never find out about anything after time marches on.

Yes I'm well versed on the MIB. I don't need a lesson..I do know that is another thing I have been hearing for years now that is about to break wide open but never has. All these guest say that all hells about to break loose. But it never dose.

Skull and Bones....Nice little fraternity. Just like the rest of them.

Illuminati....Ok, been hearing about them for 15 years...and every guest seems to want us to believe that they are just on the cusp of revealing them......mean while......buy the tape.

Global warming...Well...I wouldn't put that in the paranormal topic. But hey...I'm always open to talking about the weather.

Quickening?......Please. It's a word and a way of thought that Art made up to sell the book. Yes I have a copy. (well, had)

The thing is........I have been listening since 93. And as far as the more out there topics are concerned, none of them have ever come to fruition. I mean look at Hogland. He's my favorite guest. He's been on hundreds of time and not once has anything he has said about Mars, ufo's or aliens ever come out and proved true.

But I still listen and will continue to hoping that someday someone will come on the show and prove alien contact. And the next morning it will be world wide news.

Shirley....what is your personal experience?
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”