extra mellow Ian

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

jamesTkirk
Pirate

extra mellow Ian

Post by jamesTkirk » 09-18-2005 11:27 PM

Ian mentioned on his last show that he had been contacted about his opening of the show each saturday, i had been thinking about e-mailing him about just that.

i like Ian, but he is way too mellow at the beginning of the show. this 'aint midday talk radio, people wait all day and stay up all night to listen! Art and George give it a good shout to wake us all up. how can we get Ian to put some pep into his greeting?

Lord Moon
Pirate

Hate to break it to you...

Post by Lord Moon » 09-18-2005 11:44 PM

But Ian isn't making it... the show on saturday has really gone down...let's change mellow to useless....Ian is useless... did I forget to mention sophmoric....? He sounds like a kid with a perpetually snotty nose, who has yet to discover kleenex

as for the rest of it, I can't tell if George has gotten better or if I have gotten more desperate....

I have been searching the Air Waves for something decent to listen to, to no avail....

I think George's appeal is that he is acceptable to the great mass of wal-mart going, Chevy Malibu driving American's who were confused by Art's discussions with Michio Kaku... and they've been calling Coast to Coast R US...much to much for my taste...

Just enough to ensure that there is about as much intelllectual stimuation as one could find poping bubble wrap....

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-18-2005 11:54 PM

Sorry you feel that way about Ian, I like him very much, if I wanted someone to wake me up I would play The Star Spangled Banner.

Speaking of Dr. Michio Kaku, hope Art has him on soon, he is my all time favorite guest. Have all his books and enjoyed reading them. You should check out his website, he does a live chat. I have emailed him from time to time and he answers immediately.
http://www.mkaku.org

Lord Moon
Pirate

Yes I really like his web site...

Post by Lord Moon » 09-19-2005 12:00 AM

I visit every once and a while......

I also love his books...

jamesTkirk
Pirate

michio kaku

Post by jamesTkirk » 09-19-2005 09:17 AM

WHEW!

man, are you bitter, lord moon!

remember, all good things must end. we all worship Art and the unbelievable work he did and is still doing. but continually lamenting his departure and berating his replacements gets you nowhere if you're trying to gain a new understanding of reality.

shirleypal, i agree about Dr. Kaku. he is one of my favorite guests. i don't read enough books (too much time in front of this monitor) but i have recently been thinking of reading a couple of his books. glad to hear the good review. i'm going to his website.

i've been checking-out this eMule scene lately. interesting P2P network. i've noticed some great C2C shows on there and am now maxing-out my bandwidth obtaining them.

To boldly go where no man has gone before

Night Owl
Pirate

Re: Hate to break it to you...

Post by Night Owl » 09-30-2005 03:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lord Moon

as for the rest of it, I can't tell if George has gotten better or if I have gotten more desperate....

I have been searching the Air Waves for something decent to listen to, to no avail....

I think we are all getting desperate. George is not getting better by a long shot. We are just getting used to the mundane way he does the show. The insipid pabulum he spits our way is mind numbing. I really restrict when I listen to George. The guest has to be of high caliber and even then George has a way of bring them down to his level. Almost making them sound goofy with his simplistic questions and comments. No follow up on the interesting points the guest makes. I'm hoping another show will come along that has higher standard like Art produced.
Night Owl

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”