Ian's daily show

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

vadersp
Pirate

Ian's daily show

Post by vadersp » 10-10-2006 08:50 PM

Has anyone heard Ian's regular day job show? I thought he said once he hosts a show with his wife.

I was just wondering what it's like, what its about. Is it Coastish?

Black Irish
Pirate

Post by Black Irish » 10-10-2006 08:56 PM

Here you go....

http://www.fm107.fm/bbimp.htm

Enjoy....I think...

;)
Slán le na laethe a bhí seal go haerach
Muscail ar misneadh trid an domhain mhor

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 10-11-2006 02:34 PM

Hey Black Irish- if I haven't said "welcome" to you yet, "Welcome!!" - glad to see you here.

Sorry if you've been asked & have answered elsewhere, but could you translate your sig. line, please? I tried to look it up on google & in our Irish dictionary, but am having trouble. Thanks so much!

It's nice seeing all the Gaelic words & phrases you & Neamhain are tossing out, unfortunately it's a hard language for me to decipher. In college I had to drop out of a Middle Gaelic language class -after two weeks it was apparent I was in way over my head. Pretty to look at though!!

Black Irish
Pirate

Post by Black Irish » 10-11-2006 06:47 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: Hey Black Irish- if I haven't said "welcome" to you yet, "Welcome!!" - glad to see you here.

Sorry if you've been asked & have answered elsewhere, but could you translate your sig. line, please? I tried to look it up on google & in our Irish dictionary, but am having trouble. Thanks so much!

It's nice seeing all the Gaelic words & phrases you & Neamhain are tossing out, unfortunately it's a hard language for me to decipher. In college I had to drop out of a Middle Gaelic language class -after two weeks it was apparent I was in way over my head. Pretty to look at though!!

Thanks, Ms. Dixie! ;)

Here ya go with the translations....

"Goodbye to the days that were, turning so lightheartedly"
"Let's rouse our courage through the wide world"

Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for these as they are from two of my favorite tunes by Clannad. The first being a line from the song Na Laethe Bhi (The days that were) from the CD Banba. The second is a line from Ri Na Cruinne (King of the World) from the CD Anam.

I chose these lines b/c I thought them to be very apropos for the way things are going in general @ the moment & the way that I feel about those things.

Too bad you felt that you had to leave your class. Perhaps you could take it up again in the form of some online instruction....I know that's out there on the web. That way you could still learn it, but have the freedom of going @ your own pace with it...Yanno...Just a thought....
Slán le na laethe a bhí seal go haerach
Muscail ar misneadh trid an domhain mhor

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 10-12-2006 02:40 AM

Thanks, Black Irish. Dang, I think we might have a Clannad cd laying around somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. I know I saw an Alton cd the other day-do you like them? Do you also like the punkier Irish groups like the Pogues, Black 47, Dropkick Murphys & such?

Thanks for the suggestion but I think if I do learn a new language at this point, I'd better be practical and go with Spanish. :D There aren't many practical applications for Middle-Gaellic outside of academia. :)

But back to Ian- I always TRY to listen to his shows on Streamlink, and for some reason his shows cut out way more than the weeknight shows. Wonder why? It's very annoying & I often have to give up. :(

I hate to have to download the mp3s of each one, as with dial-up, it takes at least 4 hours to download a program. Have to do it when I sleep-but then my dang computer connection will often hang-up & I have to start over. AAAAaargh!

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-12-2006 03:09 AM

What are you paying for that cruddy dialup, dix? I'm not a big fan but I heard that AT&T has dropped their contract requirement and prices. You can now get their slowest offering (up to 768kbps down) for less than $15/mo. I checked and what I heard is right.

I bet you're paying at least $10 for what you have now..if so, wouldn't an extra $5 a month be worth not waiting for your downloads and having your phone free all the time? But here's a warning, if you've never had broadband, once you use it you'll never go back to dialup. If you do you'll cry..:)

Give them a call..

Another suggestion - get you a wifi card and have We..er Cecil construct you a cantenna for your Mac and borrow some bw from a neighbor's wifi connection.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 10-12-2006 04:47 AM

Wow! I can handle that - THANK YOU SO MUCH, your are so helpful & always so good to me. I'll email you offlist soon with some other questions..
{{{{{{{Dale}}}}}}}}

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”