Ian's "Hershey" show

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Ian's "Hershey" show

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-28-2006 04:05 PM

I relistened to this the other night, and as always, Ian tickled me more than once. particularly when he said he and his 15 (or 16?) year old son were riding around earlier in the day discussing the book and the fact that there were 45 brothels in the area. Ian & his son were formulating word problems trying to figure out how many patrons per day, etc., to support such a large business!!

For those few Ian detractors left who insist on undermining him for his stodgy Christian sensibilities, ask yourself: "How many other hosts would do this?" Hilarious.

I can't remember where I read or heard it, but he also said recently said he likes to try to avoid Christian themed shows (do remember that he is "assigned" many guests by producers) because he doesn't want to get pigeon holed as being "that guy". Not to mention that as he said, that's the only subject which he's qualified to be a guest and not just a host on.

I love 'im. Love 'im, love 'im, love 'im!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-28-2006 04:53 PM

I love em too Dixie, never thought he was a religious nut and if anyone else does they aren't listening.........glad you enjoyed the Hershey show, I couldn't get into it.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 11-28-2006 07:02 PM

In truth, although the subject matter of the Hershey show was boring as hell (to me), Punnit still found a way to keep it interesting, IMO.

Biker

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 11-28-2006 08:51 PM

Chiming in just to say again that I also just love listening to Ian. I laugh every time he mentions those tasty Canadians.

It's true, Ian can take a really boring subject and somehow make it interesting radio. I know this because when I scan the subjects, I usually say "eh" and pass on listening, but when I do download the show and listen, I find myself spellbound!

Also, he just injects these little things, like the other day I heard a show (Bloom maybe?) where he said, before taking callers how both he and Bloom were fine, and so don't ask; or, he was reading a news report about some bacteria, extremeophiles, that live deep in the sea near the sulfur vents, and he said "...or, as they prefer to be called, Microbial Americans" -- that cracked me up. He does that kind of stuff alot. Great sense of humor.

And he's like a bulldog with manners when it comes to staying on topic.

Love 'em too.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-29-2006 02:43 PM

dotcosm wrote: It's true, Ian can take a really boring subject and somehow make it interesting radio.

He's the anti-George! :D

Numanoid
Pirate

Post by Numanoid » 11-30-2006 05:36 PM

I'm lucky...I get to listen to him every day on my drive into work.

He's even funnier on his local show.

And yes...he is the anti-George.

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 11-30-2006 10:58 PM

Greetings Numanoid - I envy you. I'd listen online if they'd do it through RealPlayer but they have some funky-ass player I can't get to work for me.

I'll bet he is funnier, too. I caught parts of a couple of his own shows he did out of Atlanta & they were a hoot.

Black Irish
Pirate

Post by Black Irish » 12-02-2006 03:21 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: He's the anti-George! :D

I just wish........he would stop.........with that pausing........thing he does......
between every three.........words.

Sometimes I think.......I am going to........have blue hair.......before he finishes.....
one sentence with........his Ian Haiku.

:rolleyes:
Last edited by Black Irish on 12-02-2006 03:28 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Slán le na laethe a bhí seal go haerach
Muscail ar misneadh trid an domhain mhor

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 12-02-2006 06:36 PM

Ian haiku - :D - yeah, a lot of folks mention that that bugs them to varying degrees, but I really like it. I don't know why, but it appeals to me. Then again, I also love to listen to Christopher Walken & Michael Caine. And my somewhat ... hes. itan....t husba.....nd. :)

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention that some time in the recent past Ian made a point to say he most certainly does believe in coincidences. Something about being a "student" of oddball coincidences.

Hope he brings that up tonight....

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 12-02-2006 07:09 PM

Dixie Butcher wrote: He's the anti-George! :D
LOL, yes, exactly. Ian takes a boring subject and makes it interesting, and George can take the most fascinating of subjects and make it impossible to listen to.

Indeed.

I'm worried that the universe will implode tonight.

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”