Ian Punnett - Filling In on Friday 08-22-08

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 08-25-2008 10:02 AM

Live365 wrote: I haven’t listened to the show in possibly a year by now, but I do try to keep up with the daily re-caps on the website. When I saw this thread, I remembered that, over the course of the past couple of months, I would find myself having a “WTF??” reaction when I would see the re-caps of Ian’s shows. So, I went back and did my own little research project and sure enough, I really do think I see a trend. At least a trend away from what one would consider a proper topic for C2C and toward a more celebrity gabfest type of fare. See if you agree.

Jun 7 – Crystal skulls
Jun 8 – “Jesus Christ” (the beginning of the omens)
Jun 14 – Chinese impact
Jun 15 – a re-play
Jun 21 – Population Control
Jun 28 – Aleister Crowly
Jun 29 – Bigfoot
Jul 5 – Brain structure
Jul 12 – RAND Corp and a Hollywood stuntman
Jul 13 – Extreme athletes
Jul 19 – Adventurer Robert Long
Jul 26 – Comedian Harry Shearer (whom I love, but come on)
Aug 2 – John Lennon and a comic book artist
Aug 9 – Number crunching (book promotion)
Aug 10 – Disaster response (book promotion)
Aug 16 – Organized crime (book promotion)
Aug 22 – Obama lawsuit
Aug 23 – Environmental health (book promotion)

Granted, I haven’t listened to any of these shows, but based on the re-caps, I don’t see why I would. Granted, I also never like Ian, but I echo some of the sentiments here. Something is clearly going on........

I have also noticed this Live. I rarely enjoy listening to Ian anymore and his usual choice of show topics have been simply terrible, for some time now. :(
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-25-2008 10:13 AM

Sad Racehorse, I used to really enjoy Ian......it's more than his guests, he has become very rude and combative with his guest and the way he opens the show now is ridiculous, he doesn't greet his audience, at least the audience he has left, don't think I will bother putting up a thread in the ORR for him anymore, no point.

Moondog
Pirate

Post by Moondog » 08-25-2008 03:09 PM

Ian lost me when he kept asking Stan Lee, yes Stan Lee about the Green Lantern...

you see Stan Lee invented Marvel comics. Green Lantern is a DC comic super hero. that really put me off. Stan Lee was like...
Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

Hunter
Pirate

Post by Hunter » 08-25-2008 03:56 PM

Moondog wrote: Ian lost me when he kept asking Stan Lee, yes Stan Lee about the Green Lantern...

you see Stan Lee invented Marvel comics. Green Lantern is a DC comic super hero. that really put me off. Stan Lee was like...

Yeah Stan was annoyed by that, Ian in my opinion would have the skill for college radio BUT NOT PRO RADIO!

Hunter
Pirate

Post by Hunter » 08-25-2008 04:08 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Sad Racehorse, I used to really enjoy Ian......it's more than his guests, he has become very rude and combative with his guest and the way he opens the show now is ridiculous, he doesn't greet his audience, at least the audience he has left, don't think I will bother putting up a thread in the ORR for him anymore, no point.

His way of handling radio has become out of hand. I think when Art retired and C2C LIVE was cancelled he got bitter. For C2C LIVE was his show. But it does make me wonder if Ian has truly become worse than George? George is weak but at least he is polite with callers most of the time. I really, really don't like Ian's rushing the callers through. I mean he is looking at his watch and timing the caller. He doesn't pay attention at all to what the callers are talking about.
If the guest is not a celeb or a topic Ian likes then that guest is not going to have a pleasant 3 hours. In fact he better hope it doesn't end up being 1 hour by your host disdaining your material. I don't think Ian is worthy at all to be on Art's old show. Originally at best he was the substitute teacher. But then as the show dropped into the red they are depending on him way too much. I'll honestly say this, would it hurt Lisa Lyon to contact Kevin Smith to host one show (or two) a week?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-25-2008 06:43 PM

Hunter what makes you think that Lisa Lyons makes those kind of decisons....she books guests not hosts.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 08-25-2008 08:12 PM

Hunter wrote: His way of handling radio has become out of hand. I think when Art retired and C2C LIVE was cancelled he got bitter. For C2C LIVE was his show.
A good theory.

But now we're close to losing everything. Can C2C be saved???
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Hunter
Pirate

Post by Hunter » 08-26-2008 09:09 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Hunter what makes you think that Lisa Lyons makes those kind of decisons....she books guests not hosts.

Oh I don't know Im just being outlandish and yelling at the radio
thats all.

hows this .......

I'll honestly say this, would it hurt "Harvey The Rabbit"to contact Kevin Smith to host one show (or two) a week?

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-26-2008 09:15 PM

I also listen to Keith Smith, but highly doubt they would put another host on who does the same type of show....

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”