V for Vendetta - A Must See

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 04-12-2006 08:26 PM

Alien_UK wrote: Thank you dotcosm for bringing this master piece to my attention. I hope my post makes sense.
You're welcome Alien_UK, I'm soo glad you liked it. I imagine it hit home for you even more than for us over here.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 08-21-2006 12:14 AM

Well, it took me four months, but I have done as I promised and I watched V for Vendetta tonight. I don't know what I can say about it as an aesthetic object, but as a political statement it is quite powerful. It's one of those films that changes the framework of a conversation on a particular subject. Just as people are not going to be able to discuss gay people in the way that they used to do as a result of Brokeback Mountain, so they are not going to be able to discuss the relationship between government and its people in the way that they used to do as a result of V for Vendetta.

The spectre of fascism is now frontally on the table with a dead-seriousness that I do not even remember from the 1960s. The times they definitely are a-changin', folks. I wonder what things are going to be like in ten years. After watching this film, I am not sure that I would like to speculate.

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 08-21-2006 01:38 AM

joequinn wrote: I shall not see this film until it comes out on DVD. But when it does, I shall give it my closest attention. :D :D :D

Quick! Someone out there... pirate this flick onto a DVD and express ship it to Joe!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-05-2011 06:40 PM

bump

Return to “American Survival”