In An America Of Lessers, Evil Is As Evil Does

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

In An America Of Lessers, Evil Is As Evil Does

Post by Riddick » 08-31-2011 11:56 PM

Originally posted by voguy in another thread
I hate to say it, Riddick, but I think there is a case to break up the U.S. into sovereign countries. Individual states, or a collection of states.

I feel that the U.S. and other countries have become so large that they become unmanageable under one central governing body. At the least, our reps are unreachable by the common man under the system we have now.

And being unreachable doesn't present a lot of options for holding the culpable Capitol critters accountable individually or collectively, does it? Except for voting the rascals out, I suppose... But even then, the way it is all you can be sure of is a bunch of NEW rascals will take their place -

'Course the choice we're invariably given amounts to picking a perceived lesser evil of two and boy oh boy, is THAT option ever something to get earnestly pragmatic about - instead of all at once, you sensibly relinquish your principles, compromise your conscience and sell your soul ONLY A BIT AT A TIME. (Now THERE'S a marriage of wishful thinking and misplaced trust made in Hades!)

As I see it with the potential for pure deviltry NOT in the sole purview of either party, albeit ostensibly at a reduced rate yet still to a great extent the purposeful ongoing election of lessers into office aids evil's endless ascent, with the cumulative effect deleteriously limiting perceptions and discernment of 'good' or 'evil' in the short run and 'lesser' or 'greater' in the long.

What do you do, re-elect an ineffectual incumbent or elect some presumably less evil yet more capable demonic candidate? Such as it's the 'Little Nickys' versus the Cthulhus time after time, exactly how is it that 'the greater good' comes out ahead of any of them? Short answer: it doesn't.

Essentially, what seems to escape most true believers' detection is it's all about drinking the Kool-aid - Folks may favor one color or flavor over the other but be it 'Blue Donkeyberry' or 'Red Elephantarine' that strikes their fancy, by any measure for the common man the bottom-line long-term reality of America's participatory democracy has, no more or no less, become a matter of choosing one's preferred poison!

IMHO, not only is it that both parties working separately or in tandem have basically been up to absolutely no good for all too long, as well by any sort of objective measure it will have BEEN AN ALL TOO LONG LINEAGE of entrusted duly elected lessers from either side responsible one way or another, each in their own fashion, for taking us all down.

Rock and a hard place, anyone? No matter what happens from now through Fall 2012 and regardless of the names on the ballots for our upcoming regularly scheduled exercises in futility, from my POV it seems at bare minimum the electoral pickle we're in promises to produce and/or further some sort of continuing socioeconomic damnation on one scale or another -

In summary, all I can say is it seems to me prospects for common folk can AND will only get worse the way we've been going at it here - as I see it as what got us INTO this godforsaken mess IS electing EVIL LESSERS right along with no letup, there's no chance in hell we will see the 'greater good' EVER win out - except, of course, unless something happens to change that-!

That said, on a purely personal level, in his time George Carlin shared HIS simple and elegant method of dealing directly with the dilemma posed by a political system irredeemably corrupted from left to right, top to bottom and all it involves IS NOT GETTING involved at all:

On first blush it doesn't seem an all too satisfying way to go yet OTOH, for one thing by taking Carlin's 'IRONIC DETACHMENT' route, a person CAN proudly proclaim THEY HAVEN'T DONE their part to push America deeper into hell...!!

The following 3 min. video is suggested for
folks who appreciate an explicit approach -
(Hey, when it's CARLIN? 10 to 1 it's NSWF ;))
100K WMV | Dialup
Last edited by Riddick on 09-01-2011 12:01 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: In An America Of Lessers, Evil Is As Evil Does

Post by Riddick » 09-01-2011 12:36 PM

Optionally, for your viewing pleasure:
Same Great Carlin, Less Compressed!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 09-02-2011 09:08 PM

Riddick wrote: The following 3 min. video is suggested for
folks who appreciate an explicit approach -
(Hey, when it's CARLIN? 10 to 1 it's NSWF ;))
100K WMV | Dialup
Hehe excellent :D

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 09-02-2011 11:29 PM

Carlin should have voted on the local level or perhaps run for Sheriff. It's too late now. He's dead.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 09-03-2011 12:10 AM

[Jesse] Ventura identified himself as an atheist on April 5, 2011, on The Howard Stern Show and stated that he had been convinced to become an atheist by watching George Carlin. Ventura stated he had been a Lutheran before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Ventura
Shame on Carlin :realmad:

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-05-2011 10:32 PM

cherry wrote: Shame on Carlin :realmad:

Do you think he was serious or joking?
A man's character is his fate

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 09-06-2011 01:17 AM

I'm married to an atheist. Do any of you know what the difference between a God-fearing politician and an atheist is? God-fearing people do things to keep from going to Hell; atheists do things because their conscience tells them "to do unto others as you would have them do unto you." They behave either generously or badly because they're not afraid of being punished.

My husband has always been the most generous, the first-to-arrive in any crisis and do whatever is needed, and the last to leave - not because a God is going to punish him if he doesn't... rather, because he has a conscience, and his conscience tells him whatever's he's doing to help is the right thing to do. No BIG rewards at the end of life... just his desire to be the best person he can be while he's here in this lifetime.

So, for all the Catholic pedophiles, and politicians who do things to help themselves and their rich friends (yet still wear God on their sleeves and spout religion), they must think they can buy their way into Heaven or into some better Hereafter, whereas, the atheists don't have that fear or that crutch. They just do what's right for their own consciences, even often at their own peril.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-06-2011 11:57 AM

Bobbi,

I am sure your husband is all you say he is and I agree with you being an Atheist or believeing in God does not make a person good or evil. It is simply a belief and opinion.

I also can't lump together all Catholic priests as Pedophiles as that would be inaccurate.

I think believing in God for many is about faith - it gives people great comfort when you lose someone you love to believe you will see them again. That does help ease the sorrow.

Good and eveil exists in all no matter their belief in God or not.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 09-06-2011 01:43 PM

I have known several atheists in my life; there were some in my H.S. graduating class - all who went to war during the Vietnam era - some came back; some didn't. The ones who saw battle and made it home (at least the ones I'm still in contact with) never changed their P.O.V. even when faced with death, which shows me that the old saying, "There are no atheists in foxholes," is inaccurate.

I don't share the atheism belief... I know there is something beyond this life and being dead. But my beliefs don't track with the regular religious beliefs, or the Rosicrucian part of my family's background. What I believe is what I can say, from my own experiences, is MY personal truth. I don't push it off on others because no one else has had my experiences. And Rod doesn't bring up his alleged atheism unless he's pushed into it by someone who gets over-zealous and attempts to get him to agree with them on something related to religion, and pushes his buttons.

There are good people who claim to be religious; there are bad people who use religion to disarm those they would prey upon in some way. I suppose the same can be said for atheists, although I've never known one who has been a bad person, per se. So I guess we can possibly conclude there are always going to be good and bad people - and religion or no religion has very little to do with having and listening to one's own conscience.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 09-06-2011 03:35 PM

Faith=Fantasy.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-06-2011 05:37 PM

I am fond of saying there are two great coping skills - white wine and denial - should I add religion?

I am joking as I mean no disrespect to anyone who believes or does not.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 09-06-2011 10:05 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: I have known several atheists in my life; there were some in my H.S. graduating class - all who went to war during the Vietnam era - some came back; some didn't.
Ya i know some also and they are some of teh most OPEN MINDED PEOPLE i know :)

I can discuss anything and they dont poke fun @,etc.........

Maybe its because they dont limit thier way of thinking and thus open to ANYTHING??

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 09-08-2011 03:13 PM

moonchild2 wrote: Faith=Fantasy.

Why would you be compelled to insult someone like that?

What was that Thumper said? "If ya can't say som.....
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-08-2011 03:36 PM

Agreed

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 09-09-2011 11:55 AM

BenSlain wrote: Why would you be compelled to insult someone like that?

What was that Thumper said? "If ya can't say som.....
:confused: I'm sorry but I'm confused how her brief opinion of a very subjective and abstract concept as "faith" insulted anyone. Could you please elaborate on who was insulted and why? If I were moonchild, I'd be insulted by you specifically calling me out voicing mere opinion, making a personal observation.

Also, half citing Bambi lines really doesn't bolster your complaint..to me, at least. The comment was a tad troll-ish, granted, but insulted no one, nor even named anyone to be insulted. Please straighten this out for me if you would.

Faith -

1-a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions

2-a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust

3-: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>
===================================

While we are learning from Carlin, a very wise comic - he says this well too

If this insults you, please accept my pre-apology.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Return to “American Survival”