BREXIT / GOOD-BAD ?

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

BREXIT / GOOD-BAD ?

Post by Doka » 06-23-2016 08:31 AM

My take.......

One of the most important votes of our time. One thing stands out to me, is that at the least is that the people of Europe are in the know about what is going on and the British get to vote on the issue. We here, have been kept in the "Dark" with very little press. It is the difference between keeping your country or not. As the same arguments apply to the US . Obama and Hillary MUST have every nation stay in the EU for their take over and world domination to occur.

In the meantime we will be heavily distracted, by Dems laying on the floor for gun control ,some good ole Trump bashing and who knows what else. People here are asleep and VERY UNAWARE OF THEIR TRUE FATE, if the Cabal gets their way!!?

A DEBATE

Brexit: Good for the United States?

Brexit: the 7 most important arguments for Britain to leave the EU

Argument 1: The EU threatens British sovereignty

Argument 2: The EU is strangling the UK in burdensome regulations

Argument 3: The EU entrenches corporate interests and prevents radical reforms

Argument 4: The EU was a good idea, but the euro is a disaster

Argument 5: The EU allows too many immigrants

Argument 6: The UK could have a more rational immigration system outside the EU

Argument 7: The UK could keep the money it currently sends to the EU

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/22/11992106/brexit-arguments
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: BREXIT / GOOD-BAD ?

Post by Raggedyann » 06-23-2016 03:31 PM

Reasons to Stay

REASONS WHY BRITAIN’S FUTURE IS IN THE EU

1. Jobs

Around 3.5 million British jobs are directly linked to British membership of the European Union’s single market – 1 in 10 British jobs.

2. Exports & investment

The EU buys over 50 per cent of UK exports (54 per cent of goods, 40 per cent of services).
Over 300,000 British companies and 74 per cent of British exporters operate in other EU markets.
American and Asian EU firms build factories in Britain because it is in the single market.

3. Trade

The EU negotiates trade agreements with the rest of the world. Outside the EU Britain would have to renegotiate trade deals alone. While the EU is the world’s largest market, a UK outside the EU would not be a high priority for other counties to negotiate a trade deal.

4. Consumer clout

British families enjoy lower mobile phone roaming charges, lower credit card fees, cheaper flights and proper compensation when flights are delayed or cancelled. These sorts of benefits could not be achieved by Britain alone.

5. Clean environment

Through commonly agreed EU standards, national Governments have achieved improvements to the quality of air, rivers and beaches. Good for Britain and good for Britons holidaying or living abroad!

6. Power to curb the multinationals

The EU has taken on multinational giants like Microsoft, Samsung and Toshiba for unfair competition. The UK would not be able to do this alone.

7. Freedom to work and study abroad – and easy travel

1.4 million British people live abroad in the EU. More than 14,500 UK students took part in the European Union’s Erasmus student exchange scheme in 2012-13. Driving licences issued in the UK are valid throughout the EU.

8. Peace and democracy

The EU has helped secure peace among previously warring western European nations. It helped to consolidate democracy in Spain, Portugal, Greece and former Soviet bloc countries and helped preserve peace in the Balkans since the end of the Balkans War. With the UN it now plays a leading role in conflict prevention, peacekeeping and democracy building.

9. Equal pay and non-discrimination

Equal pay for men and women is enshrined in EU law, as are bans on discrimination by age, race or sexual orientation. This benefits Britain and British people who live in other EU countries.

10. Influence in the world

As 28 democracies, and as the world’s biggest market, we are strong when we work together.
Britain is represented in many international organisations in joint EU delegations – giving Britain more influence than it would have alone. The EU has played a major role in climate, world trade and development.

11. Cutting red tape

Common rules for the common market make it unnecessary to have 28 sets of national regulations.

12. Fighting crime

The European Arrest Warrant replaced long extradition procedures and enables the UK to extradite criminals wanted in other EU countries, and bring to justice criminals wanted in the UK who are hiding in other EU countries.

Eurojust helps UK authorities work with other EU countries’ to tackle international organised crime such as drug smuggling, people trafficking and money laundering.

...and one bonus...

13. Research funding

The UK is the second largest beneficiary of EU research funds, and the British Government expects future EU research funding to constitute a vital source of income for our world-leading universities and companies.

http://www.proeuropa.org.uk/twelevereasons

Europe was far more progressive than Britain prior to their joining with Europe.

Snippet:
Most of the UK’s food standards laws originate in the EU, meaning many potentially harmful additives are banned from food.
This is why the ingredients lists for some of our food is a lot shorter than their equivalents in the US, for example.
As well as this, the EU banned animal testing across the union, and EU-wide animal welfare standards have been imposed since 2012.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/24/eu-refere ... z4CR8ApgBh
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-23-2016 04:30 PM

Not sure how to respond to either view.

On the one hand I hear that Brits gain a lot of benefits, especially with business and trade . Conversely I heard that the richer countries, such as the Brits, Germans and Swedes and being sucked dry by ineffectual leadership by the governing countries of the PIGS (Portugal, Green, Italy and Spain), so while the average Greek can retire at something like 50, the poor Swedes, Germans and British taxpayers just have to such it up and support them. Then there are the immigration issues........

I guess it comes down to "do you want a UN-style one-world government, or do you want to be free?"
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-23-2016 04:45 PM

kbot wrote:Not sure how to respond to either view.

On the one hand I hear that Brits gain a lot of benefits, especially with business and trade . Conversely I heard that the richer countries, such as the Brits, Germans and Swedes and being sucked dry by ineffectual leadership by the governing countries of the PIGS (Portugal, Green, Italy and Spain), so while the average Greek can retire at something like 50, the poor Swedes, Germans and British taxpayers just have to such it up and support them. Then there are the immigration issues........

I guess it comes down to "do you want a UN-style one-world government, or do you want to be free?"
There are pros and cons to both sides and unless one actually lives in Britain it is hard for one to make a fully educated call. However, since the vote seems to be split down the middle, according to recent polls, if they vote to remain, there will be changes, as the Brit Gov can't just ignore the concerns of 50% of the population. And I suspect that immigration will be first and foremost for change.

The Gov also has to take into consideration the threat of Scotland becoming independent as this situation has not completely died down along with the discontent of the Irish and to a lesser degree, the Welsh. These realities will promote change of some sort.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-23-2016 09:29 PM

I"m watching the vote on the BBC channel. The "leaves' are ahead by a hair in many regions except Scotland.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-23-2016 10:26 PM

Pound Collapses as Britain Plunges Towards Isolation

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -lost.html

Can't say I'm surprised. The usual disconnect between the Gov and the people. The silly sods! :mrgreen:

In Wales 21 of 22 results have been declared – 17 for leave, four for remain.

Riddick
Pirate

Everybody's A Critic

Post by Riddick » 06-24-2016 12:49 AM

Seems markets see Brexit as less than delightful.

Too different a tune? Well too BAD for them, eh!

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-24-2016 04:04 AM

13512043_1359095820768059_8751818690644986852_n.jpg
13512043_1359095820768059_8751818690644986852_n.jpg (49.17 KiB) Viewed 3805 times

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-24-2016 08:21 AM

I am amazed as well as pleased that the Brits chose Freedom and Sovereignty over world slavery. I wonder if we have the guts to do the same here? This is not to say that this is over , by any means. But , Obama, Hillary, Soros and all the others have been dealt a serious blow and we are more than likely to experience , their wrath. We are going to be seeing some really bad temper tantrums . Freedom is not an easy path, but then something worthwhile , very rarely comes without some sort of struggle and sacrifice .

Count me as cautiously optimistic . :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-24-2016 01:05 PM

Trump congratulates Scotland "For taking their country back". They voted to remain. LOL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 7?section=

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-24-2016 01:21 PM

Whoops....didn't know I posted in the Trump thread.......sorry
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-24-2016 01:55 PM

I have another Trump/BREXIT goodie but I'll drop it in the Trump thread. :)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-24-2016 03:18 PM

Britons seek to 'move to Canada' after Brexit vote

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/uk-eu-b ... -1.3651308

Most Canadians welcome immigrants regardless of race, ethnicity, or religious beliefs and the rest of the world knows this. Proud to be Canadian! :)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-24-2016 08:18 PM

Doka wrote:I am amazed as well as pleased that the Brits chose Freedom and Sovereignty over world slavery. I wonder if we have the guts to do the same here? This is not to say that this is over , by any means. But , Obama, Hillary, Soros and all the others have been dealt a serious blow and we are more than likely to experience , their wrath. We are going to be seeing some really bad temper tantrums . Freedom is not an easy path, but then something worthwhile , very rarely comes without some sort of struggle and sacrifice .

Cautiously optimistic as well Doka - Britain (its citizens) had to do something as, clearly, London wasn't listening to the populace. The country may we ll regret their choice, but it probably didn't need to come to this if London had just listened to the people rather than the central banks, globalists and elitist out there. I'm sure that the folks doing well in London's financial district at the expense of the shrinking middle class schmucks in the large industrial cities such as Manchester and Birmingham who have seen their paycheck shrink and neighborhood rapidly change due to policies they don't agree to played a large part in the vote.

I can see where this view comes from -and wish the Brits well. They (the English people) certainly shook the world - and the power broker's world, today
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-24-2016 08:59 PM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:I am amazed as well as pleased that the Brits chose Freedom and Sovereignty over world slavery. I wonder if we have the guts to do the same here? This is not to say that this is over , by any means. But , Obama, Hillary, Soros and all the others have been dealt a serious blow and we are more than likely to experience , their wrath. We are going to be seeing some really bad temper tantrums . Freedom is not an easy path, but then something worthwhile , very rarely comes without some sort of struggle and sacrifice .

Cautiously optimistic as well Doka - Britain (its citizens) had to do something as, clearly, London wasn't listening to the populace. The country may we ll regret their choice, but it probably didn't need to come to this if London had just listened to the people rather than the central banks, globalists and elitist out there. I'm sure that the folks doing well in London's financial district at the expense of the shrinking middle class schmucks in the large industrial cities such as Manchester and Birmingham who have seen their paycheck shrink and neighborhood rapidly change due to policies they don't agree to played a large part in the vote.

I can see where this view comes from -and wish the Brits well. They (the English people) certainly shook the world - and the power broker's world, today
I agree with most of what you say here. Looks like there is a grass roots revolt starting in our world. Its just too bad that people are using Trump and immigrants to express their anger.

Return to “American Survival”