NYTimes: Liberal Free Speech Defenders Turn Against First Amendment

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-05-2018 12:17 PM

In a remarkably honest exposé, the New York Times acknowledged Saturday that “liberals who once championed expansive First Amendment rights are now uneasy about them” ever since conservatives realized they should apply to them as well.

The Times cites First Amendment lawyer Floyd Abrams who noted that whereas the left once led support for First Amendment protections, they are now “at least skeptical and sometimes distraught at the level of First Amendment protection which is being afforded in cases brought by litigants on the right.”

The difference between then and now? Many of the ideas currently being protected by free speech rights run contrary to progressive ideology. Over the last 13 years, the Supreme Court “has been far more likely to embrace free-speech arguments concerning conservative speech than liberal speech,” the Times said.

A very interesting story
https://www.breitbart.com/big-governmen ... ee-speech/

Translation........Libs:" What!? Free Speech is for Everyone!?" " Well, we can't have that!" "We will ,willingly destroy it for Everyone, if that's the case!!"

Note: Did you know that our Constitution is one, if not the Only one to have "Freedom of Speech" for all people, Written down?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

"In Groupthink We Trust"

Post by Riddick » 07-05-2018 02:20 PM

Doka wrote: 07-05-2018 12:17 PM Note: Did you know that our Constitution is one, if not the Only one to have "Freedom of Speech" for all people, Written down?
The Constitution is irrelevant.
Free speech is futile.
You will be assimilated
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Re: NYTimes: Liberal Free Speech Defenders Turn Against First Amendment

Post by Doka » 07-05-2018 07:44 PM

"You will be assimilated"

I will gladly stick with my own Karma, both good and not so good comes quickly these days. I can only hope that I do not have to come back to this crazy planet. My head and heart carry a fairly light load these days. Hate, violence,greed, envy, fear are like trying to swim with rocks in your pockets, not easy to fly away either........... :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “American Survival”