Fox TV starts podcasting

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Fox TV starts podcasting

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-29-2005 04:40 PM

FOX Introduces "FOXCASTS" on July 28

To enrich the television experience for fans and offer on-demand audio programming, Fox Broadcasting Company is now providing podcasts of episode recaps for all its series. These "FOXCASTS" enable viewers to download audio recaps of their favorite shows to their MP3 player or listen to them on their computer anywhere, anytime.

Beginning today, a centralized web page containing every FOXCAST will be accessible from FOX.com as well as each show's individual website. Additionally, FOX will offer RSS feed subscription options, which means that users can have the podcasts automatically downloaded to the player of their choice each time a new one becomes available. "It's important to take advantage of every avenue available and talk directly to our audience," said Carolyn Gray, Vice President of New Media at FOX. "Podcasts are an emerging and important platform, and we want to be at the forefront of their application to our young and first adopter viewers."
Full Article

Foxcasting web site
--------------------------

I notice they offer the audio from several of their shows there. You must have to provide your own imaginary imagery. ;) :cool:

I can see people doing it. Many people only half-watch a TV anyway. This way you could barely have time to make it to the gym or to work and back and sleep and eat too..and still keep up with what's happnin' on House and The OC.

Podcasting does all the downloading for you so all you'd have to do is put the file on your mp3 player, disk or whatever. Everybody wants in on it. I think there's about 40, 000? podcasts to be found now..

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 07-29-2005 11:11 PM

I know you mentioned this Dale but I thought I would reemphasize it...you don't need an iPod to get podcasts. So don't rush out and buy one just yet! :D

Here's what I do with TWiT, Diggnation, and The Tech Guy: I download the file (podcast...usually an mp3 file) to my computer and then burn it to a CD so I can pop it into my CD player. It's important not to just copy the mp3 to your CD-R/RW disk as some CD car stereos can't read mp3s. In Nero it's simple...just select Audio CD when the program opens and then select New...then drag your mp3 over to the burn area and click on Burn. It automatically reformats the mp3 into a format (CDA, I think) that all CD players can read. Should be about as simple in any other program you use to burn CDs.

That's how I listen to mine. You might prefer to leave them on your computer and listen to them there.

And, as Dale mentioned, if you do have an iPod or mp3 player you can just transfer them to the player and listen at your leisure.

Return to “FF IT Tech”