Help Desk

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-25-2008 04:40 PM

Sorry.......... kd7ujm at gmail. Explain to Admin what you want done.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

utorrent tv show??????

Post by turtle101 » 11-02-2008 12:01 AM

i downloaded utorrent and a movies site i paid for but i can't get any of them to work. so whats going on. i'v spent all day trying to downlaod a tv program and it can't do it. anyone tell me is there a secret or what. i have vista, i droppped all fire walls and still nothing.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 11-13-2009 03:26 AM

I have streamlink from C2C. How do I put a downloaded show in an e-mail to a friend, from an iMac? Can I just drag it to the desk top, and then re-drag it from the desktop to the e-mail?

Thanks,

Bobbi
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-13-2009 04:43 AM

You can do that, Bobbi. Might be better to get an account with yousendit dot com. Not sure, either, about rules for this kind of file sharing. ;) Sending a copy of your own recording, etc...especially as announced in public spaces, might be the better course of action.

btw - TAB webmaster has left this place. Maybe we need a new thread, and megman and others could give suggestions as they are more knowledgable. ShirleyPal is pretty tech savvy as well.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 11-15-2009 04:15 PM

Linnea, I found a way to pass on the entire interview between George Noory and Andrew Basiago, 11/11/09. If anyone is interested, it's here:

http://www.projectpegasus.net/

Read the summary, and then click the ARROW at the bottom. It sounds interesting, especially since Andy mentions Donald Rumsfeld and Bill Richardson as having been a part of this DARPA Black Project in the late '60s and early '70s.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

megman
Parrothead

Post by megman » 11-16-2009 10:35 PM

Glad you found a place Bobbi. Shirley would be the guru to ask when it comes to sharing sites.

Me, I have my own site so I just put stuff on the back end. Saves me the trouble of a third party.
Still an Original Pirate since Aug 2000
Wanna ride the Zamboni?

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 12-22-2010 08:58 PM

Linnea wrote: You can do that, Bobbi. Might be better to get an account with yousendit dot com. Not sure, either, about rules for this kind of file sharing. ;) Sending a copy of your own recording, etc...especially as announced in public spaces, might be the better course of action.

btw - TAB webmaster has left this place. Maybe we need a new thread, and megman and others could give suggestions as they are more knowledgable. ShirleyPal is pretty tech savvy as well.

I'm still here now and then. I really wish I had more time to listen to Coast and get back in the swing of things here at FF. I miss you guys!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 03-01-2011 11:39 PM

Tabwebmaster! :)

Jeez! As you may know, I was in a hospital for much of Dec 2010 - so I missed your post here.

Hello and how are you?

Stop by more often...

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Dead Windows drive.

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-24-2013 04:25 PM

Fan finally gets his way and my computer is now completely powered by Linux, at least for the time being. Not really by choice tho..My main system disk finally went south, I'm afraid. Luckily I have Ubuntu on an old 20GB IDE drive that has allowed me to stay online thru this.

Fan (or anyone in the know), I want to give this 3 year old ailing 320GB WD drive one more - probably last - try. I ran a full chkdsk from windows and got no errors. Linux 'Disk Utility' finds no issues either. Windows will boot from that drive in safe mode only and from there I 'm able to go to the log viewer and it lists probably 1000 critical red flag errors in the last day and a half - all drive related.

Most say there is a damaged..or missing block - not sure about block, but it sounds worse than damaged sector to me. chkdsk deals with damaged sectors...but from what I get from reading online - block often refers to a block of data on a hdd..so if that's the case, I may be able to squeeze a little more time from this.

Any thoughts appreciated - but only when you're unbusy. There's no real rush but this Windows system is also the wife's pvr so the sooner the better. Everything is reruns now..till May sweeps and season finalès.

Nothing special about the bad drive other than what I already mention - except of the 4 hdds in this box, it's the youngest. I don't have a UPS so when we have a breaker blow or othe power outage, it all goes down and I'm pretty sure that's them main cause here. Electric heater in next room over has tripped the breaker twice just this winter and I had to do a system restoration the last time.

Question is: How best to prep and setup the drive before reinstalling Win7 pro? The last time it hosed the partition table and I used gparted to rebuild that, refomatted then reinstalled. Or, now that I think about it I may be mixing that up with another problem..but I know I reformatted and was asked by a linux utility, prolly gparted, to run windows chkdsk. Right now, fixing this one is the only option I see. I need windows to run Media Center that allows the xbox 360 in the lr act as a media client (Media Center extender, MS calls it). I'd gladly move this computer into the living room but it is my only pc - besides my Nexus7 anyway.

Unfortunately my hauppage (from memory I think the model # is 1155) internal tuner card is the one that linux doesn't support or I'd consider using myth or similar solution.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-26-2013 01:26 PM

Fan or any one familiar with ubuntu bootloader:

My dual boot windows drive malfunctioned and I want to get the drive - not partition - that holds my Ubuntu 12 to be bootable.

What's the quickest way to do this. Right now i'm in a live ubu 12. I physically removed the failed drive from the system.

Any help appreciate.d :)

tia
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-26-2013 01:30 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Fan or any one familiar with ubuntu bootloader:

My dual boot windows drive malfunctioned and I want to get the drive - not partition - that holds my Ubuntu 12 to be bootable.

What's the quickest way to do this. Right now i'm in a live ubu 12. I physically removed the failed drive from the system.

Any help appreciate.d :)

tia

unfortunately I didn't make the boot disc thing.

I thought I could just start the install again and fix it there but it seemed like it wanted to only repartition, not make bootable only..

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-26-2013 02:07 PM

Nevermind.. finally found something that looks useful.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

:huhsmile: :twoconfus :rolleyes:

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-26-2013 04:07 PM

did this work?
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-26-2013 05:13 PM

SquidInk wrote: did this work?
Yep, more or less. All I ended up doing was fixing the drive order in the bios and remove the ubuntu cd, heh. booted right into ubuntu 12 drive just fine.

Now, since I failed again yesterday with another attempt to use the questionable system drive, I'm repartitioning my 1TB tv data drive and will put windows on that so I can record shows for the wife..well, me too. I like Big Bang Theory,..but could be shark jumping for me soon.

I deleted most of the tv files - to about 250GB - the set gparted to resize and give me a 2ooGB ntfs for win7.

gparted is still chewing - for about 15 mins now..may be timed out but processor is still busy so I'll wait some more before aborting. That drive was also completely emptyied after the power failure that got the sys drive so it may have issues also..hope not.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-26-2013 05:15 PM

gparted went to the next step so she's not timed out..yet. fingers crossed, heh.

Return to “FF IT Tech”