WMA to Video_TS

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

SetiCruncher
Pirate

WMA to Video_TS

Post by SetiCruncher » 12-19-2006 06:48 AM

An aquantance approached me last week and said he had a bunch of WMA files that he wanted to burn to a DVD so he could watch them on his standard Region 1 home DVD player.

I told him unfortunately to my knowledge most DVD players will not recognize WMA files (or at least mine won't) and that he would have to convert them to VTS files before his DVD player will play them.

Anyone have any idea how to manually convert WMA to VTS? or able to point me towards a good utility that will handle the task?

Thanks,

SC
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

not much help - but input...

Post by Dale O Sea » 12-19-2006 03:35 PM

I thought wma was Windows Media audio...oh well, no matter. Your friend, and everyone, needs to be careful using proprietary, locked-down formats like Microsoft's wmv, real, mov, etc. otherwise you will need a an expensive and likely poor working, very time consuming converter. Next time your friend would be better off with divx or xvid - open source video formats that are much better than anything MS has and can be converted to just about anything with freeware and the proper codecs.

This one sounds ok.

http://www.dvd-ripper.biz/super-dvd-creator.htm

Google is loaded with them. Sorry I couldn't narrow it down. My experience in converters is that most of them are buggy and slow. I'm talking 2-3 hours per 2 hour movie - about real-time. Your mileage may vary - depending on your processor, etc.

Anyway, there are cheap DVD players out there that support divx/xvid. You just have to look around. The divx website lists some too, I believe. Not much help..:(
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Alien-BC
Pirate

Post by Alien-BC » 12-19-2006 06:52 PM

Replay Converter v2.31

Alive Video Converter v2.8.2.2

PS. You will need a Bit Torrent my weapon of choice is Azureus
;)
Last edited by Alien-BC on 12-19-2006 06:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SetiCruncher
Pirate

Post by SetiCruncher » 12-22-2006 11:22 AM

Thank You for the input!

You guys are great, I'll be sure to pass this on to my friend.

Thanks again :)
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

Return to “FF IT Tech”