Art Might Return to the United States - ART, Please Read

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-02-2006 07:43 PM

Most Americans here in the Philippines are already aware of the security issues associated with Mindanao. We receive security updates and warnings from the American Embassy in Manila on a continuous basis. Anyone interested can get this information from the US State Department or perhaps from the US Embassy in Manila - this is public information. Just recently one American and a German national were killed in Mindanao - I will try to get further info on the two cases and post it here.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-02-2006 08:39 PM

This is in today's Philippine Star Newspaper 11/3/06 : "Mindanao officials want special courts for terrorism cases. Mindanao governors and mayors are seeking the establishment of special courts that would specifically try terrorism related cases. North Cotabato (Mindanao) Gov. Emmanuel Pinol said that the Mindanao security plan is aimed at helping local government units fight terrorism given their limited counter insurgency funds. He cited the need to fund the security plan, noting the continuing threat of terrorism amid the spate of bombings and other attacks across Mindanao, believed perpetrated by local followers of the al-Qaeda linked Jemaah Islamiyah terrorist group. 'The threat of terrorism is real and not just imagined and concocted. Unless something is done, many more will die and many more will suffer. Protecting the island of Mindanao and the future of our children is our moral obligation,' he said."

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-02-2006 09:07 PM

Fish thank you for the information you are providing here. Seems to me Manila is a scary place to live, how do you handle it?

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-02-2006 09:29 PM

Hi Shirley, on the whole our time here in Manila has been very good - although we have earthquakes, erupting volcanoes and tyhpoons to content with - the one about a month ago left many areas of the city in quite a mess - many trees fell down and it was a horrendous experience being in the middle of very heavy pelting rain and unbelieveable strong winds. We had thought that we would stay here a bit longer but the weather is getting so much worse that we plan to leave the country next year and move to Europe. Security in Manila is always tight - but the real problem areas are Mindanao and the Sulu Islands where we are asked not to go there because it is so risky for us as foreigners and given the terrorism problem down there. For us, it's time to get out while the going is good.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-02-2006 09:35 PM

Thank you for your response Fish, think it is time for Art to get out also, I am sure he is very aware and the reason he said he would make a decision within the next six months regarding returning to the United States, I hope for his sake that will be the case. Please stay safe Fish, btw where do you to plan to land in Europe, I have spent much time in Germany with side trips to France, Switzerland etc. Italy is nice also.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-02-2006 09:47 PM

Shirley - we will probably go to Amsterdam, Holland or to Switzerland - not sure which one yet, but we are already getting ready for our big move as we have 4 cats to move to our new location as well. I do hope our Dear One - Art - goes back to the USA - I am worried for his safety here and the possible move to Mindanao which would be a big mistake in my estimation. All the best to you for being such a devoted fan of his - it is heartwarming to me.

Tinkerbell
Pirate

Post by Tinkerbell » 11-03-2006 07:08 PM

Shirley, I'm glad you started this thread. And Fish, thank you for posting all the info.
Even though Art probably is aware of all the dangers, perhaps seeing it confirmed here will help in his decision. I sure hope he comes back to the states - lately I hear alot of homesickness in his voice, at times. Not to mention all the things posted here; IMO
coming home is the best thing for him to do.

Tinkerbell
Tinkerbell ^..^

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious
- Albert Einstein

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-03-2006 07:27 PM

Tinkerbell wrote: Shirley, I'm glad you started this thread. And Fish, thank you for posting all the info.
Even though Art probably is aware of all the dangers, perhaps seeing it confirmed here will help in his decision. I sure hope he comes back to the states - lately I hear alot of homesickness in his voice, at times. Not to mention all the things posted here; IMO
coming home is the best thing for him to do.

Tinkerbell

You are very welcome Tinkerbell, nice to see you, yes he does sound homesick and my feeling is that he will come home or he would not have mentioned it.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-03-2006 09:11 PM

Fish wrote: Shirley - we will probably go to Amsterdam, Holland or to Switzerland - not sure which one yet, but we are already getting ready for our big move as we have 4 cats to move to our new location as well. I do hope our Dear One - Art - goes back to the USA - I am worried for his safety here and the possible move to Mindanao which would be a big mistake in my estimation. All the best to you for being such a devoted fan of his - it is heartwarming to me.

Fish thank you for being so open about what it is like living there. I know Art is dealing with his new wife's wants and desires but she just does not know what other places i.e., the U.S. or Europe are like in comparison to there.

I too am worried about Art and think he needs to get back here pronto.

I hope he is reading your posts.

I hope moving next year is soon enough for you Fish. We have two more months to go before the first of the year.

Fish do you know if Art were to bring his cat's back here would he have to go through as much as he had to, to bring them there?

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 11-04-2006 01:06 AM

With Art's connections, I would find it extremely hard to believe that he does not know all of this??? :confused: Unless he's been living in a bubble for quite awhile, he would have to know...
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-04-2006 11:21 AM

majda wrote: With Art's connections, I would find it extremely hard to believe that he does not know all of this??? :confused: Unless he's been living in a bubble for quite awhile, he would have to know...

I agree majda, I don't think he lives in a bubble at all, there is a reason he is thinking of coming back to the U.S.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-05-2006 08:51 PM

Hi Tiffany - you asked about bringing cats into the USA from the Philippines and I just wanted to let you know that the process wouldn't be as difficult as it was bringing them here. There is a Philippine Airlines flight which goes directly to LA and Las Vegas - the cats could travel on the same plane with Art if he chooses to return to the USA - no problem!! Just as long as the cats' papers - shots history is up to date - no problems taking them back home.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 11-05-2006 09:49 PM

Hi Fish, thank you for the info. That is good to hear.;)

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 11-10-2006 09:39 PM

Love that webcam shot of Art's two cats. They really are very beautiful. As Americans, I'm sure they too would love going home.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-10-2006 09:50 PM

Fish wrote: Love that webcam shot of Art's two cats. They really are very beautiful. As Americans, I'm sure they too would love going home.

How cute Fish, never thought of that way.:D :D

Return to “Art Bell Archive”