From Art

Moderator: Super Moderators

MAD
Pirate

MAD IN TEL AVIV...er...MALI!

Post by MAD » 07-23-2007 10:03 AM

Art
I am sitting in a computer friendly cafe in Warrenton, Virginia. The last
few weeks we have been renting a cottage in the hills here, that provides quiet and comfort but no internet and lousy radio reception!

After traveling southerly route across country by jeep from Washington State to D.C we have learned of many areas where radio reception is horrible. No talk radio, mostly religious, infomercials or sports! Online is far and away preferable for radio these days. When I retire it will be satelite radio.

We will take you anyway we can, and so I will look forward to those few days you will be on air. Lets see, can I predict Sharon will expire next year, or did I miss my prediction on that last year....hmm? I'll at least, send greetings on International line to everyone from Mali,, you don't hear from Africa very often, you know.

Voting continues with Radio Hall of Fame, but ends very soon. Any plans to attend the Radio Hall of Fame event? Think positive! My friend Michael Jackson was admitted to Hall of Fame a few years ago and attended with all his family. This is a great honor and you would be included with many others who have made radio history. Keeping our fingers crossed, for you, this time.

Please stay in touch. Look for my new Moniker....MAD IN MALI has we leave for West Africa very soon. Now that you have so much free time you will be able to read my journals from Bamako.

Oh and yes they have had UFO sightings and even landings in Mali.....you didn't think we would go someplace boring, did you? Lets not forget the Al Qaeda training camps in northern Mali, either! Ha ha

Au Revoir
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Art Bell
The East

From Art

Post by Art Bell » 07-25-2007 04:33 AM

I do not expect to win, however if by
some miracle I did, I would indeed try
to attend.

On another score, I want to thank all of you for the nice words, it means a lot to me.

Airyn and Asia are doing great and life
goes on with some interesting challenges
closer then one might guess.

Art

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 07-25-2007 05:34 AM

What the hey. If you did win, you'd be in some good company.
There are some pretty tall broadcast pioneers in the RHoF.
Good luck with that...
BTW...cute kid...

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-25-2007 09:43 AM

Keep the pics coming Art, looks like the kitties are in love with Asia too :)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-25-2007 09:49 AM

Nice to hear from you Art, not going to surprise me if you win, you deserve it, there are not many if any who has been as innovative as you in radio.
Thank you also for the recent pictures and sharing with us.:)

tiffany
Pirate

Re: From Art

Post by tiffany » 07-25-2007 10:20 AM

Art Bell wrote: I do not expect to win, however if by
some miracle I did, I would indeed try
to attend.

On another score, I want to thank all of you for the nice words, it means a lot to me.

Airyn and Asia are doing great and life
closer then one might guess.

Art

Those interesting challanges are what you have had the whole time....I know, I know things are not what they seem ;) and we have had many ourselves...life is getting more and more interesting and challenging by the moment.;) Hang in there Art the ride is a lil bumpy but hey we've been there before.;)
Last edited by tiffany on 07-25-2007 10:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 07-25-2007 10:21 AM

Art I hope you win but being recognized is a great honor too.

The weather is worsening...flooding in UK, killing heat, flooding here in the U.S......getting very interesting.

Art the ride has begun...............
Last edited by tiffany on 07-25-2007 10:33 AM, edited 1 time in total.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 07-25-2007 11:04 AM

Best of luck, Art. You deserve to win and I believe that you will. :)
racehorse

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 07-25-2007 01:54 PM

Good to hear from you Art. I hope you will win and yes, there are challenges everyday that are closer than one might guess. It seems to me that those challenges are what makes life interesting. :)

Don't be a stranger. It's good to see you posting here and it's been good to hear you on SMeter on the Pahrump receiver.

Cheers!
Last edited by WestBorder on 07-25-2007 02:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Anchors Aweigh!

HurricaneJoanie
Pirate Queen

Post by HurricaneJoanie » 07-25-2007 10:48 PM

You are ALWAYS so mysterious and reassuring, Art.
:D :D

And you've already won, Art...now whether the Hall of Fame is wise to that, time will tell. ;) :) :cool:
It's either real or it's a dream, There's nothing that is in between. ~ Jeff Lynne

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 07-26-2007 05:01 AM

JohnnyVW and I don't blame you, Art.

The minute I hit 65 (it's not so many years away), I'll never think of working again. Heck, I'm tired. ;)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-26-2007 11:05 AM

Airyn and Asia are doing great and life goes on with some interesting challenges closer then one might guess.

I agree Art, but what is up with these interesting challenges closer then one might guess, inquiring minds want to know?

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 07-26-2007 12:02 PM

Shirleypal'...
I wondered myself'.
"...and life
closer then one might guess."

Art

"closer then one might guess" ???

Since I've already gone off the deep end... and do not expect to regain any part of what sanity, I might of had...

Art'...

Health check here...
Are you all right?

Since so much emotional trauma has occurred in your life in the past few years.

Going to the highest of highs', your career.
To the deep dark depression of that January...
You quit smoking, also...

I just wondered, how are your lungs?
I pray you are in tip top shape, but now with the 'closer then one might guess'... clue...

Being blunt here...
A very personal question.

Is your challenge health related?
Last edited by Waverider on 07-26-2007 01:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Breandan
Pirate

Post by Breandan » 07-26-2007 01:32 PM

Art,

I don't know if you'll ever see this post, but if you do, there's a few things I wanted to tell you:

You got me through some rough points over the past 12 years- a bad marriage, divorce, the chaos of trying to re-adjust to civilian life, the loss of family, the stress of a murder trial (I was one of the primary witnesses, not the defendant :) ), 11 September and my subsequent re-enlistment, the long drives home from work at 2am in the snow, the long drive from WA to TX when I moved, and the many times I've been standing guard with a little AM radio in my field jacket, an earbud speaker in one ear trying to pick up the faint signal from the nearest city.

You've been the night-shift relief for the past 12 years for me (with a few breaks due to retirement, but they seem so brief in retrospect), and I wish you'd be there for the next 12. But, things change, and we have to adapt and move on. We'll miss you Art!
Bah! It's modern technology, if it's not working yet then you're not using a big enough hammer!

Art Bell
The East

From Art

Post by Art Bell » 07-27-2007 06:17 AM

In answer to your question and I am sure
many others, other than my bad back, I
did recently explode a rather large firecracker way to close on the fourth of
July and my ears have been ringing on and off since.....otherwise I am in fine health.

I am not sure I will ever recover from Mona's passing, I am sure that is the way
it is supposed to be. We are told to never make important decisions after that kind of trauma and for the most part that is right, I was in total shock, however some part of my brain must have been working because Airyn is a truly wonderful Woman and of course Asia is just a joy. Life without love is almost like no life at all.

Dr. says my lungs are clear. Had a complete physical before the trip to the
Philippines and all was well, but remember none of us knows our last day.

There are many things I wish I could say but they will have to wait. Again,
I want to thank all of you who I have always regarded as my extended Family
for all these Years.

I am comfortable, not rich as many would guess because money was never my goal. During the peak years I could have demanded much more but instead
chose to bargain for fewer commercial's
per hour. I truly loved Coast and put it before much in my life., perhaps that was stupid but I find I live without regrets. (At least on that score)

So, life goes on a day at a time. You have not heard the last of me as I will do 15 shows a Year. In the mean time
I live with (2) wonderful Females who make my life bright every day!

Art

Return to “Art Bell Archive”