Bell's back in the Philippines

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-07-2009 09:38 AM

Hi Art, glad to hear from you, been a while now, looking forward to hearing you on Coast at the end of the month, not often enough, you know us Pirates we would love to hear you everynight..Green Card and American soil sounds good to me, hello to Airyn and big hugs to Asia.:)

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 08-07-2009 09:55 AM

Yo Art,

Good to hear that all the INS problems are indeed behind you and Airyn, and that all are well. I have a couple of Air Force friends who are from Guam. Sounds like a beautiful island. Enjoy your visit.

Also good to hear you'll be on at the end of the month. May I suggest that, if possible, you would schedule either Wayne Green or Graham Hancock as a guest that evening? It's been a long time since you've had a talk with either of them. Hopefully Wayne would be up to it...I know he's approaching his late 80's.

Look forward to hearing you in a few weeks.

WB
Anchors Aweigh!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 08-07-2009 02:15 PM

As far as topics, Art - wondering, as the US economy seems to be turning around, if your prognosis for our economic future is as gloomy as before. Is this 'recovery' just a temporary phase in a more dire scenario? Or - is the worst over and we will end up on the road to a true recovery?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-07-2009 10:45 PM

Hi ya Art, have missed you !! Thanks for updating us ! :)

ArtBellfan
Pirate

Post by ArtBellfan » 08-08-2009 09:35 AM

Thanks for the update Art. Appreciated!

Capt Tuttle
Pirate

Post by Capt Tuttle » 08-10-2009 09:12 AM

Art -

There are no bad topics but can I ask that you look at the "biocentric universe" work.

It is tying cosmology to the mind / body

It brings in research on consciousness.

"The only thing we can perceive are our perceptions. In other words, consciousness is the matrix upon which the cosmos is apprehended. Color, sound, temperature, and the like exist only as perceptions in our head, not as absolute essences.

Instead of assuming a reality that predates life and even creates it, we propose a biocentric picture of reality. From this point of view, life—particularly consciousness—creates the universe, and the universe could not exist without us."

Here is a link to an article on it in Discover magazine:

the link:

http://discovermagazine.com/2009/ma...tart:int=0&-C=/
"Be good"
-Mom

Art Bell
The East

From Art

Post by Art Bell » 08-25-2009 12:06 AM

Let me see,

Asia seems to be learning several languages. English, Tagalog, Bisaya ( My Wife's native Language) and Dora seems to be teaching her Spanish. Poor confused child!

I have managed to contract yet another local cold virus, I guess I am trying to sample all the Southeast Asian colds and develop a new immune system.

I will be on air the last day of the Month all things being equal.

As for the Economy, I do not trust the "Recovery". Look at the history of the great Depression, they also saw green shoots. The Economy here is fine. What is the U.S. recovery to be based on? We hardly make anything anymore, its all made over here. I guess the consumers will keep things going for a time but where is the real Economy?

We all love it here for a million reasons and to be honest with you can not think of any reasons why we want to leave.

Asia has much more stimulation here. We have a full time Ya-Ya
and she is in pre-school and making friends. We have nice swimming pools for big and little people.

I just got permission to put a antenna on the roof which will be a project to begin soon!

The cost of living is about 25% of the U.S. even though we live on the "Park Ave" of Manila. Our cable system has 164 channels and we just got the first (3) Hi Def channels. Internet is not bad, 12MBPS. I have ISDN for Broadcast.

Shopping here is better than the U.S. we have very large Malls here, Google the Mall of Asia and take a look. My Bankers come to me instead of the other way around. Mcdonalds and every other fast food place, and we have them all will deliver free of charge. There is nothing but respect for older people here, not so many of us, average age is about 22 in the country. The beaches are World class.

Freedom? That thing we used to prize in the U.S.? To be honest there is more real freedom here. The Constitution here was based on the U.S. Constitution and is still followed. There is corruption here to be sure, but here it is in the open and easily understood as part of the system. We just lost Cory who brought Democracy here.

The weather here is as Hawaii with more Typhoons but I enjoy tracking them. It is always humid but that is why God made air conditioners.

I think I have Asian genetics somewhere in me, Island genes as well as I have spent a great deal of my adult life on them. Airyn does not want to leave even after having had a two Year plus sample of the U.S. However I am trying to keep her options open because Asia may want to attend College in the U.S. though the schools here are very good. The Philippines though very poor has one of the highest literacy rates in the World, weird huh?

Just returned from Guam and some relaxing, I did a Interview on K57 (Guam Talk) while there.

Thats about it for now. I am 64 Years old now and still being fed.

Art & Family
Last edited by Art Bell on 08-25-2009 12:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.

racehorse
Pirate

Re: From Art

Post by racehorse » 08-25-2009 12:25 AM

Hi Art :),

Thanks for the update.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

I look forward to your next show. I know it will be great, as always. :)

Your antenna project is something I know you are looking forward to completing. I am happy that permission was granted for you to proceed with this.

The Philippines sounds like an interesting place. I know Airyn likes it there and am pleased that you do, as well.

Please take care and know that we miss you immensely and that you are loved.

As always, I wish you, Airyn, and Asia the very best.
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-25-2009 12:29 AM

Hi Art, good to hear from you and thanks for the update, looking forward to hearing you at the end of the month, amazing how Asia is growing so fast, don't blink Art..:)

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 08-25-2009 09:58 AM

Hi Art... my grandaughter is 2.2 years old and she just loves Dora the Explore too. She can't get enough of it! And btw, my new grandson was born this year on your birthday, 6/17 :).

Art, hope you are feeling better soon and I will be looking forward to your next broadcast. I miss you and love you... you are my favorite broadcaster and also you were my Moms favorite too.

Take care of yourself and your family :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23ODIwb0eg4
Last edited by IvyQ on 08-25-2009 10:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 08-25-2009 12:42 PM

Hi Art

Glad to hear the Bells are happy and doing really well. Manila seems a great place to be, except for the typhoon season. ;) As you point out, it is better to have an overall flourishing democracy with what corruption exists being easily indentifiable. Good point.

As far as language acquisition in childhood, it seems that is also an excellent thing as far as childhood development:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/ ... dren_x.htm

While children who are younger often mix up the vocabularies, by age three or so, have all the languages sorted out - and it contributes to a high degree of cognitive development. It is really amazing what children can do.

Great news on the antenna! From the roof of that high-rise, that should do it.

Looking forward to your end of month show on C2C, and always nice to hear from you...

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 08-25-2009 12:54 PM

Art, you write as impressively as you speak! Thank you for the very interesting and thoughtful post, and for your continued involvement with the Ship.

I have been listening a lot lately to your classic shows (available though the C2C website), and certainly agree with the others that you are very much missed here on American radio. I, too, am very much looking forward to your end-of-month show.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 08-25-2009 01:40 PM

Way cool Art, I guess sometimes change is good !

Quote: “Asia seems to be learning several languages“.
The advantage that will give her in the future… Wow.

Sad to hear you’re a little under the weather with a virus. Although it is good to get a little sick every so often. Keeps the immune system up to date.

Appreciate your inside information on other economies.
Jeannie (my lovely wife ) and I have seriously been considering relocating outside the U.S.

looking forward to hearing you again!

May God continue to be with ya’ll
All hear few listen

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 08-25-2009 01:53 PM

Hi Art,

Great to hear things are going well for you and your family. Your brief description of life in the Philippines makes me want to move there! Now for the big question - are you going to do more radio at some point in the future? If no more than you are already doing, how about an Art Bell Blog where you can communicate (to all your listeners) your feelings about what is going on in the world?

Supernova.

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 08-25-2009 03:14 PM

Hello Mr Art Bell,
How nice to hear from you and that you and your family are doing well. Very grateful for your perspective on our economy....as usual it is pretty spot on! I am being to suspect that any recovery is all smoke and mirrors...we shall see! Very excited that you will be hosting a program at the end of the month...a treat that I will defiinitely look forward to.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Return to “Art Bell Archive”