The Big Thicket...Rob Riggs on C2C January 10, 2001

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

The Big Thicket...Rob Riggs on C2C January 10, 2001

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 01-10-2002 07:45 PM

Tonight's Art Bell show should be a good one, and I am especially looking forward to hearing his guest, Rob Riggs, discuss The Big Thicket...for this area is quite close to my home.

We are only about a hundred fifty miles from the region, but have always heard of the tales...

Supposedly, if you listen to some of the older bayou folk, these "wild men" have wandered over to our area as well.

There have been many accounts on and off throughout the years of wild-eyed Bigfoot-like creatures roaming in the swamps and bayous near here...in places that the modern man rarely goes...

I've been to some of those places.

There's chilly hardwood bottoms that will give you the shivering creeps by just walkin' in...

-and cypress tree-lined thicket areas which can be "gotten to" only by traveling through the bayous in a boat or a canoe...

...and on more than one occasion I've personally heard that wild strange scream and have been told by grown men,

"Oh, that's...just a panther...prob'bly. You scared, ain't ya? Well, I'm ready to go on back m'self."

And yes, once you're back home, back in civil waters, it all becomes a tale...

Well, maybe, but ~ then again ~ maybe not.

Teach
Pirate

Post by Teach » 01-11-2002 11:51 AM

Good show, Cynthia....I was awake with ya!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-12-2002 11:08 AM

I just tape the show and listen when I AM awake -- it was decent show....

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”