Art Bell Hell

Moderator: Super Moderators

rjee5225
Pirate

Art Bell Hell

Post by rjee5225 » 01-20-2002 04:26 PM

It's painfully obvious that Art no longer enjoys doing C2C. The dull shows sound like they're being run on autopilot and have reached a point where they often put me to sleep within the first half hour. Sadly, everything went downhill after the Nashville defamation trial. IMHO, a professionally orchestrated attack on Art.

Art's mellow voice sounds lifeless and he's quite disdainful of his many (dwindling) callers. His hearty laugh and irreverent sense of humor are long-gone. Controversial subjects he normally revelled in are now avoided like the plague and replaced with near-p.c. blather.

Art recently and bitterly named a domestic security agency which allegedly harrassed and threatened him on several occasions. That might account for the show's loss of momentum and entertaining guests. The host has been officially censored. It's quite possible that his high-profile guest pool was told to avoid C2C by the same security agency. Judging from Art's hollow monologues, it seems that no one will touch declining C2C with a bargepole.

Anyway, Will try to get KNYE on my trusty Sangean AM/FM/USB/shortwave digital radio. It's around eight years old and still going strong. Art has great taste in popular music, so the station should be a good one.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-20-2002 04:47 PM

Rjee - Your points are well taken. I agree that C2C has been dumbed down. Probably Art is just riding out his contract - and will 'retire' to run his own station in Pahrump. His knye 95.1 FM will not be reachable in California. He can be picked up on C Band Satellite.

Jeff Rense seems to now have the guests that were in Art's line up on C2C. I can't get Jeff Rense in the Seattle area. Anyone know of a station?

wxfreak
Pirate

Post by wxfreak » 01-20-2002 06:15 PM

I've been listening to the show a little more intently over the pass couple weeks Image
My opinion is a little different. Since getting over his back (or whatever) Image problems. I think Art has been pulling back into his old form. Time will tell. I'd encourage the overnighters to shut down the computer (not FFST members) Image every now and then just lay down and listen to the show.

------------------
-Steve
My webpage

[This message has been edited by wxfreak (edited 20 January 2002).]
-Steve
Web Page

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-20-2002 06:59 PM

Hey, wxfreak - we are listening more intently to the C2C show in the Ship's Radio Room since Art has returned to his show full time. And we haven't missed a beat. Sometimes you do have to stop posting - and listenen up!

Art seems generally happier and more content with the direction of the show - but the more controversial subjects - especially regarding the 'black vault' and the 'shadow government' - seems to not be on the agenda.

I was also rather surprised the other night when Art seemed to agree that the government was correct in withholding information from the 'people' and bypassing Congress on issues such as Chemtrails. That if there was 'scary stuff' out there - the govt was okay to keep it under wraps to avoid 'upsetting' the populace. Hmmmmm....

I have not yet bought into the theory that Chemtrails were/are being done to lessen the impact of solar rays coming into the earth's atmosphere. Some researchers have found biological material in these sprays.

What can possibly have happened that Art no longer seems to be interested in things as Chemtrails? Substances are being sprayed all over the globe - the government denies it - and this should not be of concern?

If Art Bell has become so censored by the powers that be - he would do us all a better service to just abandon the pretense - and get onto pure entertainment. To continue a dumbed down program - serves the interests of disinformation. Especially from a talk show host who seemed to be on the leading edge of providing a fomat in getting this information out.

I have not yet decided if this is indeed the case, but I am paying closer attention to the guests and programs he is putting out there.

Kind of makes your wonder what's going on.

everaftergirl
Pirate

Post by everaftergirl » 01-20-2002 09:24 PM

Hi rjee5225,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You also said, referring to things that happened to Art was "IMHO, a professionally orchestrated attack on Art..."

I totally agree with that statement. In fact, I believe the defammation attempt, what happened to his kid, and perhaps even what happened to some of his friends/guests (sudden unwarranted heart attacks, deaths, etc.) may all have been attempts to get at Art for him having such contraversial guests on his show.

Ever since his return, Art has 'safe' guests on. The line-up has never been the same as it was before. I for one do not blame him either, if that is why the list of people have changed.

I don't think it's because C2C is declining. The show is still very popular. I just believe he is not inviting guests who's information to the public will put him in harms way.

Art is beginning to sound a bit happier as the days go on. I think he's just now beginning to have fun again. And of course, KNYE, is probably his life's dream for retirement when that time comes...things will all be in place.

Anyway, that's my theory. Image

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 01-20-2002 09:29 PM

I agree with your assessment, Amanda. And I really like Art Bell. He must take care of his own life and priorities - anyone of us would. So I am not complaining really - just wondering what elements have factored into the change in focus on Coast to Coast.

Poptart8
Pirate

Post by Poptart8 » 01-21-2002 01:49 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Linnea:
I agree with your assessment, Amanda. And I really like Art Bell. He must take care of his own life and priorities - anyone of us would. So I am not complaining really - just wondering what elements have factored into the change in focus on Coast to Coast.</font>
I'm incline to agree with you ... my goodness what's more important then one's family?

Being a loyal listener for years I'm very support of his choices. Yeah I miss the old topics but who wants the men in black wearing sun glasses knocking on the front door? NOT ME! Of course that's what built his reputation ... talking about subjects that very few would tackle.

I'd bet good hard cash that no matter what shape his back is in ART will always be able to push his chair up to that radio for another broadcast. That's ART BELL!
We can sympathize with a child who is afraid of the dark, but the real tragedy of life is that most people are afraid of the light.

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”