Graham Hancock on Art Bell ~ Thursday, 07 Feb 02

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Graham Hancock on Art Bell ~ Thursday, 07 Feb 02

Post by Linnea » 02-02-2002 12:05 AM

Check out Art's schedule for next week. He's got some great guests lined up, including Graham Hancock who will give us the latest information on the underwater cities.

from Art's schedule:

Guest: Graham Hancock

Graham Hancock looks at the hard evidence of inexplicable underwater ruins around the world. India's a big part of the story, but also Malta and the Mediterranean, Japan and China, and the Grand Bahama Banks. 10 million square miles of the best lands on earth were submerged at the end of the Ice Age, just before what we think of as when civilization began.

New Book: Underworld (first published in UK on 7 February. Crown is publishing it in the US, but not till September.)
Book: The Mars Mystery: The Secret Connection Linking Earth's Ancient Civilization and the Red Planet
Book: Fingerprints of the Gods
Book: Message of the Sphinx: A Quest for the Hidden Legacy of Mankind

maryals! This is it!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-02-2002 03:35 PM

Back to the top! So maryals won't miss it Image

Conscious
Pirate

Post by Conscious » 02-02-2002 09:10 PM

Graham Hancock is an excellent speaker. I met him June 14, 1996 at Borders Book Shop - Southfield and 13 mile - here in Michigan. We chatted briefly and I purchased the book 'The Message of the Sphinx' which he signed. I was able to give you the exact date cause I've discovered I still have the receipt in the book. He's a smart cookie with a fine personality.

I met a few other notables along the way...Dr. Nick Begich at the Livonia Library where he was giving a lecture several years ago and Nobel laureate Brian Josephson at Wayne State University. I was also privileged to chat with each one of them briefly. I stood next to Brian in a large group of people while he was inundated with questions after the lecture. It was quite exciting. I don't believe Brian was ever a guest on Coast to Coast though.

Maybe this would be a good topic to start on this string... Anyone else meet any of Art's guests or maybe a celebrity who would make a good future guest on the program?
The only fact that I know about consciousness is that I'm 'Conscious'.

Black Tassel
Pirate

Post by Black Tassel » 02-03-2002 12:07 PM

Yeh, I chatted with Graham in a little souvenir store in Ketchikan during a stop on the Alaskan cruise of '98. No, I didn't meet Art, although in think I was meant to (long story). Dannion and I became good friends. The night (early morning) before his presentation, he'd been drinking with Zahi, then came up to the 'Crow's Nest' (upper lounge) and started drinking wine -- he was still inebriated for his appearance.

He wanted to dance with ME.... made all his groupies very jealous. Our first meeting was at lifeboat drill, about 2 hours after boarding. My (assigned) room mate and I went on deck early and before the 'speech' began, several of the passengers were gazing behind me. Then I heard his voice. I turned around and quizzically said --"I thought I recognized you".... He asked, from my voice?? I said, "no, from your picture"..

He said, " When I was dead"? I replied, "No, the one on Art's site of you in a print shirt, sitting on a blue couch. You don't know how much we all prayed for you."

At that time he leaned over, kissed me on the cheek and ..... his famous utterance..... 'I love you'....

Yes, Dan & me were friends

Also, Zahi's neat, Jim Berkland was onboard unannounced -- also Sean David Morton. Never cared for John Anthony West, but Ed Krupp (director of the Griffith (sp?) Observatory) is a real gem too.

Now at last spring's Conference in Seattle, there were a whole bunch!! For photos (including a few which I took): www.seattlechatclub.org/NWphotos.html

A really good one of me and Peter Davenport is close to the bottom of the page, taken by an attendee from PA.

------------------
Brenda Image
Grobanite Forever

Black Tassel
Pirate

Post by Black Tassel » 02-04-2002 12:09 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
WOW!
I assume you are referring to Zahi Hawass? Perhaps you can answer a question for me....
I remember a time when Zahi made a threat, that if Graham Hancock, Robert Bauval or Jon Anthony West ever set foot in Egypt, He, Zahi, would cut off their heads, crap down their necks and toss the bodies into a pit!
Then just a few months later, Zahi is making all nice-nice with them. Any idea why?
Thanks Image

</font>
Sure, Mary -- that's what the cruise was all about. I believe Dannion got the notion to assemble all of the Egyptology animosities on a neutral field -- like a ship on the ocean.

Fortunately, for me, the ship sailed from Vancouver...... only a 1/2 hour drive from my home.

A few drinks, a few meals and the whole bunch started communicating. The tension subsided and research resumed.

Sure wish I had a scanner to post the photos!! Art came up to the stage wearing his lifejacket, holding a little white gadget with a flashing red light, said it was from C. Crane -- a light'ning detector.....
Shook his head, remarked "don't need this, Dannion's here"

[This message has been edited by Black Tassel (edited 03 February 2002).]
Grobanite Forever

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”