My Letter To Art Bell

Moderator: Super Moderators

My Letter To Art Bell

Post by Guest » 04-08-2002 07:49 PM

Dear Mr. Art Bell,

I have only been listening to your show, "Coast To Coast AM" on a full time basis since August of last year. I have enjoyed listening to your shows dealing with Conspiracies, UFO's, Ghosts and other aspects of the Paranormal. I even had the pleasure of calling in on one of your Ghost to Ghost shows about a month ago and relating to you the story of the ghost of Paul Bern and the connection to the late Sharon Tate and Jay Sebring. That happens to be one of my favorite ghost stories from out of Hollywood and it never fails to send chills up the spines of the people I tell it to.
Friday night, I was pleased to see that you were running another Ghost To Ghost show, so I tuned in. I also decided to call in with another Hollywood ghost story. To my surprise, I got thru, but you told me that you only wanted a first hand account. You also had a preference for stories of ghosts which have attacked people. You really put me on the spot, so I said that I didn't have an "attack" story, but that I had sighted a ghost myself. However, before I had a chance to explain, you went, "Ohhhhh----" and hung up on me. You obviously thought that I was trying to fool around. I wasn't! I must say that I was a bit confused and hurt in regard to your rudeness to me which was completely unwarrented.
I have mentally supported you in all your fights, including your fight against the wretch who molested your son and caused you and your family, not to mention your son, so much pain and anger. I've sympathized with you regarding your back pain. (My father has a degenerative back disorder AND Alzheimers. If he takes pain meds for his back, his mind is basically gone, so instead, he endures the pain on a daily basis.)
I'm not fooling around now, either. Since your unprovoked rudeness to me, I have decided not to listen to your program anymore and that it would be in my best interests to take my disposable income elsewhere.
The ways of the world, its people and the evil that men do have indeed hardened you, Mr. Bell. I am very sorry, because I know that deep down, you're a good man.

Sincerely, Respectfully and with Regrets,

Scott Lamar Spencer
Austin, Texas

------------------
Peace,

Captain Kundalini

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 04-08-2002 10:47 PM

Yeech! And I thought I needed to get out more!

Your letter is almost touching in it's childlike earnestness, but please, do you have any special reason to think that Bell would actually care about what you (or any of us) have to say? Or, that he would even bother to read your (rather long-ish) letter?

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 08 April 2002).]

Post by Guest » 04-08-2002 11:10 PM

Image If he doesn't care, big deal. It was worth a try. (shrugs)

ElKamino
Dark Enity

Post by ElKamino » 04-08-2002 11:19 PM

Oh well hell! Maybe there is something to this.
Hey Art! Whats the scoop on that "hell hole noise" you play every now and again...and again...and again. Is it a hoax? Do ya think?

Well? Do you?

I think Mercs right. Art doesnt read these things.

user-57
Pirate

Post by user-57 » 04-09-2002 11:58 AM

Captain, have you lost touch with reality? And why in the world would you bring up the issue of his son's molestation? That's sick, dude. Pour salt in his wounds because you couldn't get on the show. Nice.

Get a grip.

Post by Guest » 04-09-2002 07:54 PM

CK he put rules rules out for every one first thing,he was looking for a particular type of ghost story.
So don't take it as rudeness, he was just moving on to find the type of story he wanted.
Art has always been that way.If he makes a request and you or any one calls in with some thing else, yeah he'll hang up on you very quickly.

And I think he does read the post here from time to time.

--Good night--

[This message has been edited by shootzoo (edited 09 April 2002).]

Post by Guest » 04-09-2002 10:00 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shootzoo:
CK he put rules rules out for every one first thing,he was looking for a particular type of ghost story.
So don't take it as rudeness, he was just moving on to find the type of story he wanted.
Art has always been that way.If he makes a request and you or any one calls in with some thing else, yeah he'll hang up on you very quickly.

And I think he does read the post here from time to time.

--Good night--
</font>
Thank you for your positive input, shoot. I'm still relatively new to this "call in" thing and as such I am not quite familiar with Bell's behavioral patterns (for lack of a better term). Image

Hitchhiker
Pirate

Post by Hitchhiker » 04-09-2002 11:43 PM

If you compare Art's show to Mike Siegel or (worse yet) Hilly Rose, you'll see how agressive Art is with the pacing of the show. Hilly had the tendency to let people drone on about things that were completely off-topic, and several times he lost control of the show. With Art, if you don't get to your point in the first sentence or two, you'll be cut off.

Post by Guest » 04-10-2002 01:20 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
If you compare Art's show to Mike Siegel or (worse yet) Hilly Rose, you'll see how agressive Art is with the pacing of the show. Hilly had the tendency to let people drone on about things that were completely off-topic, and several times he lost control of the show. With Art, if you don't get to your point in the first sentence or two, you'll be cut off.</font>
Thank you for the belated warning. Image As a rule, I don't usually listen to Talk Shows. Art Bell is an exception to that rule.

Post by Guest » 04-12-2002 01:07 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
This is what Communication is all about. Thanks Captain K, and ever'body Image
You see, we were all able to share disparate opinions and feelings without degenerating into ugliness!
Cookies and Milk for Every One! there's a bottle o' Brandy handy fer ye that like a wee bit in yer milk Image

</font>

Ah, splendid! Gret cookies, maryals. Image

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 04-14-2002 03:15 PM

Hiya Capt'n K,
I've been able to get through other talk shows about 5 times in my life, starting at age 14 when I was trying to barter away a rickshaw I won at a church bazaar. (Think I was the only one dumb enough to buy a chance. Image )

Those guys (and their call screeners) are really rude. Let's face it, callers are the meat they feed on. No matter what you want to say, they pick the agenda. After all, they "own" the airway for the time they're behind that open mike, and they need to keep listeners from turning that knob (not the volume ... the tuner. Oooo OK. Don't mention it. thanks (Chicago and 24 hours of travel time affects me in a strange way for a while)

Art has to dance to PremRad's tune now. I'm afear'd that the free-wheeling days of anything goes, no-screening are gone for good!

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-14-2002 05:24 PM

I agree. Art is a self confessed control freak. If PremRad is calling the shots, he probably feels owned. Even a good paycheck can seem like slavery if someone else calls the shots. I would not like to be owned, no one does.
It WAS his show once, his ideas, his artform, if you wish; and I'm sure with PremRad breathing down his back, he feels lousy.
I have to regard him with compassion, because I have not experienced whatever he is experiencing.

------------------
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Post by Guest » 04-14-2002 07:48 PM

I sincerely hope that when Art signed up with PremRad, that he didn't sign away the rights to his show or format. That would be disasterous. Does anybody know when his contract with PremRad is up?

Barry
Pirate

Post by Barry » 04-15-2002 09:19 PM

CAP'n: Sure hope not. That would have been a big mistake! I do not know when his contract is up.
barry
---------------
sick and tired (really!)
Chief Engineer
LTC Armstrong

Post by Guest » 04-16-2002 02:58 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
You know, Clear Channel is traded on the Stock Market. If enough of us Pirates bought up enough shares of the stock....We would be in charge
Muwahahahahahahahahahahaha

</font>
LMAO! EVIL LURKS! Image

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”