Where IS Art Bell?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 04-01-2002 02:29 AM

Originally posted by maryals:
"These days my idea of roughing it is waiting for the Room Service Kitchen to open in the Hotel!!"

Heh! You and me both kiddo...

Cap K! Im glad you agree with my post. But did you have to repost the entire thing just to tell us that? It tough enough scrolling past the long winded, but to do it twice? tsk tsk tsk....

Post by Guest » 04-01-2002 02:52 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Elk:
Originally posted by maryals:
"These days my idea of roughing it is waiting for the Room Service Kitchen to open in the Hotel!!"

Cap K! Im glad you agree with my post. But did you have to repost the entire thing just to tell us that? It tough enough scrolling past the long winded, but to do it twice? tsk tsk tsk....
</font>
I was....I say, I was making a funny. Image That's an "in" joke, son. I threw that one right to you but it went over your head.
Pay attention when I'm talkin' to you, boy. If you talk too much, you'll get your tongue sunburned.

(and that's my Foghorn Leghorn impersonation for the night.)

Barry
Pirate

Post by Barry » 04-11-2002 02:53 PM

Thanks for the help on my brain hurts thing. Including that, ear infections and a head cold, Bones just keeps giving me drugs and tells me to come back tomorrow. I CAN'T DO SPAM! I can't even eat pork products any longer - there goes the bacon! Bones said I had to eat that green leafy stuff. Yummy!

SPEAKING OF ART BELL.... Okay. You got me. I have not tuned on at the 10pm time slot, as I have been busy working on a book on the computer in my communications center and have been up on 3830 listing to Voices. I look up and discover the clock is 10:15. So I tune to C2C and find a guest host. Is his back out again? On vacation in some tomb some place in a far off and forgotten land?
Checked out his website and there is nothing about a "guest host" on the listings. I listen for a bit and find it boring and tune back to 3830 to listen to Cary, Van, Mike and the group.
CAN SOME ONE TELL WE WHAT'S UP with ART?
73's
Sick and Tired & full of greens
Barry Image
Chief Engineer
LTC Armstrong

Kevin
Pirate

Post by Kevin » 04-11-2002 09:56 PM

Tuned into KNYE at 30,000 ft. on my way to Vegas for the NAB. Very good mix...

BTW, talked to a couple of the equipment suppliers to KNYE. They all said Art and Ramona were very gracious and nice
people.

My 2 cents

radioman
Pirate

Post by radioman » 04-12-2002 12:07 PM

is it all done ? I think it all ended
during the lawsuit ... there is no shortage
of new guests, except they are :
1) very interesting
2) have nothing to sell
exceptions : Peter Moon ( small book
publisher/writer refuses to do interviews )
Preston Nichols - makes little sense in live
broadcasts, others I've interviewed who
ramble ... but there are still many guests
as interesting as Dames or Hoagland still
'out there' ...

73's radioman
http://psychicspy.com

---
73's de radioman
WA6BRM

http://psychicspy.com

-

Barry
Pirate

Post by Barry » 04-12-2002 03:16 PM

Thanks Maryals. Actually my BRAIN DOES HURT but that's another story. And you hit it on the head about Python. Mr. Gumby goes to the doctor cause his brain hurts!
And Fireside Theater. Wow. I thought I was the only one who remembered them. I loved them back in the 70's! And the spam thing was nice anyway! I use to eat the stuff. So, I did not mind the comment at all!
KEVIN: Cool. I've heard the same thing!
RADIOMAN: I agree! It's just Art vanishes into thin air, and some of us have no way of knowing what he is up to, except asking, like here on FF.
Anyway, have to check out mail on Voices group, so will say 73's from Simi Ca!
Barry
Chief Engineer
LTC Armstrong

Post by Guest » 04-12-2002 07:03 PM

Art Bell is alive and well, thank you. The shows that he does lately feel like old times and to me thats a good thing.I dont know what it is maybe it's the guests,maybe he's settleing in to running both a radio station and doing the show too.
Maybe it's the aliens and my new scoop mark,or it could be the electroshock therapy Image
Wheres Richard Hoagland surely he has some ideas on the melting of mars and the melting of the polar ice caps here on Earth.
That would make for an interesting show, don't ya think?

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-12-2002 09:43 PM

Hey, Shootzoo - glad you survived that mysterious wound on your hand. Guess some spiders actually take bites. Image

I agree with your analysis of what's up with Art. He's got a lot going on, to be sure. There are changes coming that we do not 'see' yet - but all will probably make perfect sense in time.

Maybe Art has the good sense not to host some of the 'guests' that premrad lines up for him - who knows? With Art, I'm sure not much is happening by accident. Art and Ramona have an agenda they are pursuing. They are in a business relationship with a corporation. They want to land on their feet when that 'ride' is over.

When you think about it, Art hoisted that Jolly Roger over his off the grid property quite a few years ago at the time when Jaycor was taken over. That flag is flying still - and was most recently seen on the AB Web Cam during the week of his return to the air in Feb 2001. That was/is a statement by Art and Ramona.

Remember what Art said, in music and in hints, when he retired in April 2000? He mentioned specifically to Crystal Gayle that his 'bumper music' had 'special meaning' to him and was a subtle and pervasive communication 'between the lines'. I think we may have some of the Fantastic Forum Archives here - that listed and analyzed some of that bumper music Art played on that 'last night' - so long ago now.

One thing I do remember him playing was 'Waiting for the Times to Get Better'. In the lyrics of this song were phrases as 'I've been racking my brain - trying to find a way out' and something about having a dream or plan to follow. I'll have to listen again. Does anyone have an archive of that 'last' show? Conscious? Image

CC and Premrad are powerful, but not too powerful for the pirate Art Bell. IMO Art is pursuing his plan, a long range plan, to position himself just where he - and we - want(s) to be. Art has the vision, fortitude and patience - to relentlessly pursue his master plan.

And, don't forget, Art said 'never take a ride with strangers'. Who or what could be stranger than CC and Premrad?

Stay tuned to Coast to Coast AM and KNYE. If we hang in there - we may well witness a 'harmonic convergence' Image one of these days.

I have some faith in the reliability of astrological 'timing' of events. Not a causative phenomena, but sort of the 'writing on the wall'. You can read here (in this Art Bell topic thread) some of the highlights from a report on these 'signs' in Art's birthchart which are currently showing a potential for a tremendous change in Art's 'career' and public persona. As they say - 'You ain't seen nothing yet'.

[This message has been edited by Linnea (edited 12 April 2002).]

Post by Guest » 04-13-2002 02:25 AM

Well like me and every one else Art is free to do what ever he wants.
I'm sure glad to have heard him in his prime.
Sure, he has his own rado station now and he is getting up there in years.
If he wants to retire thats fine with me.
He's made it in life he may as well enjoy it right???? Image
Yeah well I had more to say but I forgot,
I think I may need another shocker Image

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-13-2002 11:54 AM

When you say Art is "off the grid" do you mean his home is fully independent of the power grid as in he generates his own electricity?

------------------
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"
A "Daboodaddyism"

Barry
Pirate

Post by Barry » 04-13-2002 01:56 PM

I believe you are right on topic again Linnea! Art is for the most for Art and his family for the ultimate goal he has arranged and this is good. We, his loyal fans, do understand what he and his family has gone through. His leaving the air, and his return, (people at work thought I was nuts when he was about to come back on the air - I had a C2C party!). For me, I guess I am selfish - when he is not on, I am a little upset. When his shows are mundane, I tune off. BUT that is what makes C2C unique. And the varity now may be controlled more so from the "Corp" than by Art. But, that too may be in the plan.
BUT for what ever reason, I will remain a loyal fan of Art's and C2C until it leaves the air or I do.
For most, I listen and take the ride. And at the end, I am enlightened, and maybe, understand a little more about what is going on around me, the world and the universe.
Art is at he helm and we are along for one of the best rides around!
73's
Barry
Chief Engineer
LTC Armstrong

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-13-2002 02:05 PM

Hi Daboodaddy - yes, I meant Art was off the power grid. He has solar and wind power, generators, a well, satellite up and down links, etc...stored food supply, c crane stuff -

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-13-2002 03:50 PM

Thanks, Linnea. I was curious. That would be a wonderful way to live. The option of independance.
A "Daboodaddyism"

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 04-14-2002 02:59 PM

Achemm...
Pardon me for asking a stupid question, but how old is Art? He sounds much too young to be thinking about total retirement.

I think that his back has become the barometer for the stress level in his life. Either Premad is on it too much, or something may be up in his son's condition. Stuff that he went through takes a long time to heal, especially when he knows that that teacher is going to get released one day.

Whatever's up, something tells me that Art is not at Camp Happytimes.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 04-14-2002 04:05 PM

Art was born June 17th, 1945, making him 57 years old this year.

Art's Birth Data/Star Chart

Return to “Art Bell Archive 12-2001 to 5-2002”