A Real Holocaust: Dresden -- 13 February 1945

Keep it decent

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 10-19-2011 04:21 AM

http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night
The Germans would have to be angels and saints to forget and forgive all the injustices, atrocities and cruelties which they have suffered, twice in a generation, without any provocation, from the allies. Just imagine what would we, as Americans, do if we had been treated as we treated the Germans, our cruelty would have no limits in revenging our suffering! Reverend Ludwig A. Fritsch, Ph. D., D. D. emer., Chicago, 1948 [more]
Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-19-2011 12:52 PM

Dude111 wrote: http://globalfire.tv/nj/08en/history/dresden.htm

How approximately 500,000 Germans were exterminated in one night

Very very sad....

I AM JUST SO SICK OF ALL THIS EVIL AND THE HUMAN ANIMAL RACE IN GENERAL..... NO OTHER LIFEFORM DOES THIS AND ITS JUST SICK..

I just finished a book - which I think I posted previously - In The Garden of Beasts which is a fictionalized story regarding what occurred at the Veldrome De Hive in France with the Vichy government aiding and abetting the Nazis in 1942 - very sad indeed.
A man's character is his fate

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 10-19-2011 03:07 PM

I am a green eyed German that 2 of my grandparents birth certificates were written in German.

I had dreams as a child that only now I can understand.

People of all origins are the same as far as being victims of the environment and age they are born into.

It’s a progressive process that will develop us. Without evil how would we know good….or light without darkness has no meaning.

OOOPs Got to deep and off topic my friend. Sorry
All hear few listen

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-19-2011 03:56 PM

badspell wrote: I am a green eyed German that 2 of my grandparents birth certificates were written in German.

I had dreams as a child that only now I can understand.

People of all origins are the same as far as being victims of the environment and age they are born into.

It’s a progressive process that will develop us. Without evil how would we know good….or light without darkness has no meaning.

OOOPs Got to deep and off topic my friend. Sorry

No apology necessary and I meant no aspersions towards German people - was only responding in terms of history - heck George Soros is Greek and so am I - now try bearing up under that one.

:D
A man's character is his fate

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 10-19-2011 04:55 PM

Hopefully we learn from our ancestors and progress.

I think we are all one with lessons to learn.
;)
All hear few listen

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 10-20-2011 01:14 AM

badspell wrote: OOOPs Got to deep and off topic my friend. Sorry
No you didnt my friend,not to worry :)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 10-20-2011 01:46 AM

Are any of you old enough to remember having seen the TV series "Holocaust" back in the early 1970s? It was a mini-series and covered at least 5 nights. I watched it with my first (shudder!) husband and his (DOUBLE shudder!) mother...'

Anyway, having not been raised around, nor having any experience with Jewish people at the tender age of 22, I was absolutely horrified at the way the NAZIS treated them. Yes, we'd touched on the atrocities in school, but we were spared, at those young ages, the real horrors of what happened.

Every single night, after we went to bed, I would have these lucid dreams - wherein I was watching the holocaust, but NOT as the actors seen in each night's series, or from the events as they were written in the series; rather, I was seeing the horror and brutalities from someone else's p.o.v. - not a Jewish person, but someone who may have been German, who was terrified and traumatized by what was going on all around me, to people I'd known for years, and children I'd "taught in school." I'd wake up feeling guilty that I could do NOTHING to help or stop what was going on to people I'd known and cared about, all my life. And I was always exhausted - as if I'd never had a moment's sleep during the night. One morning I even woke up with leaves in my clothes and dirt on my hands, as if I'd been "there" and either trying to hide someone in the woods, or I'd been looking on at some of the atrocities from a place in the woods. My first hubby thought I'd sneaked out somewhere during the night, and smacked me for leaving while he'd been asleep. (Typical of him, the ever suspicious cop.)

I had no inkling that my heritage or any past lives might have been the reason for those lucid dreams.

A few years back I learned that my maiden name was synonymous with a family line that goes back to both Switzerland and Germany. Our families were sometimes German ruled, and sometimes just Swiss, depending upon which time in history members were born and raised. There is a group of people with my maiden name in the northern part of Germany, but my personal (recent) ancestors were born and raised in Berne, Switzerland. I'm sure we must be cousins with the group who still reside in Germany, but my ancestors from the past 150 years are Swiss, on my dad's side.

Anyway, those nights I was having lucid dreams about the holocaust, I must have been seeing different people (NOT the actors) and not the events as they were filmed in the mini-series, but through the eyes of one of my distant cousins who was present in Germany at the time of the persecution. Those dreams - the reality, the feelings of helplessness - have remained with me for over 40 years. Had my dreams been following the "script" I could write them off as having been influenced by just the mini-series. But since I was seeing only similar atrocities, through the eyes of someone who was seeing scenes NOT related to the mini-series events, but ones that were horrors witnessed by someone else in different places, I can only suspect that the mini-series brought forward either a past life, or were influenced by one of my relatives who DID witness them, and were passing those horrors on to me so I'd know what that relative saw and felt.
Last edited by Bobbi Snow on 10-20-2011 01:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-24-2015 09:04 PM

Anyway, having not been raised around, nor having any experience with Jewish people at the tender age of 22, I was absolutely horrified at the way the NAZIS treated them.
Maybe the Nazi's felt they deserved it I dunno....... I have run into MORE PROBLEMS with Jewish people than from anyone else!! (They have stuck up attitudes and think they are better than everyone else it seems ... I dunno)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-24-2015 10:16 PM

I personally think their "stuck-up" attitude is a defense mechanism. And, truth be told, they ARE so good at a great many things. The mobs usually had a Jewish accountant; Hollywood has always had Jewish Producers, musicians, songwriters, directors, playwrights, and actors, etc. Lots of business people who are extremely successful are Jewish. I'm not sure if it's because they're born smarter, or if their parents scare them into becoming more savvy because the parents think money insulates them from having to deal with slander and/or persecution. I have a long-time friend from an old Chicago Jewish Family. He tells me his generation (he and I are the same age) were born to believe that the only reason to keep gentiles around is because it's not polite to mistreat the help... Of course he knows better now (I think...) :confused: He's not successful as one, but he's got a talent for writing beautiful music; he's far better at day trading... Go figure.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-25-2015 06:10 AM

Yeah, I'd have to say, that in my experience at least, that I haven't found the Jewish people I know to be anything but good honest people. I've met and worked with my share over the years - we have a fairly large Jewish population here in the northeast. My wife used to work at a Jewish nursing home, so we got to know many of the patients and their families from that perspective. The area from Providence's East Side to Southeastern Massachusetts and up north to Boston and its suburbs have large Jewish populations originating from mainly eastern Europe and Russia. They're hard working, extremely dedicated to their families and their elders especially. I find their customs fascinating.

One experience my wife and I had concerns our son, who we adopted from Russia back in the mid-90s. We had obvious language barrier issues with our newly-adopted four year-old not knowing a word of English and my wife and I knowing hardly any Russian.

The local rabbi heard about our situation and put us into contact with a local family that had just arrived from Novosibersk in Siberia. They were a Jewish family that the local Jewish community had sponsored to get them out of Russia to a place where they could practice their religion in comparative peace.

They have a son who had just graduated high school and was starting at the local community college, and he would come over to our apartment and help us with translation and he made himself available 24/ 7 by telephone if there were any issues.

Now, the family could have said "No", because, first, our son is ethnically Russian, and it was because of the persecution by this groups of people that they left their homes to come here, but they didn't.

Most of the Jewish people I know have what I think is a keener sense of the sacred than most people - but that is just my view. I love to have conversations with people about their religious practices, and I find when I talk with Jewish people that they just light-up.

Maybe it's me - I don't find them to be stuck up - in fact, in my experience, they are quite the opposite.

BTW, if anyone is interested, there is a fascinating book out there that people should get. It's titled Yiddishland and is a pictorial history via postcards of what Europe used to look like from a Jewish perspective. It's available from Amazon, among other shops:

Yiddishland

This unique book is an unforgettable journey into the heart of Yiddishland, a mythical and real land that has never appeared on a map of the world, but whose frontiers have forged rivers, crossed oceans and spanned continents. Although, tragically, it no longer exists, Yiddishland - a huge area that stretched from Poland to the Ukraine, Belorussia, Romania, Bessarabia, Eastern Hungary and the Baltic States - lives on through the telling imagery of the humble postcard.
Gleaned from the millions preserved in attics, trunks and Jewish family archives all over the world, this remarkable collection brings to life the immutable rhythm of the shtetl. The pages are alive with rabbis, professional marriage brokers, itinerant water carriers, bright-eyed yeshivot students, porters, beggars and brilliant intellectuals, plus synagogues, hospitals, cemeteries and those sadly unavoidable scenes of suffering and persecution. The humble trades that kept entire populations from starving to death are shown in minute detail.

Poignant, touching, and alarming these fleeting moments, frozen in time, portray a civilization which might otherwise have been forgotten. They enable us to relive the past, incite us to remember and record for eternity the history and the legend that is Yiddishland.
http://www.amazon.com/Yiddishland-Gerar ... 400&sr=1-1

Originally I bought it because my mother's father came from what is now southern Poland, although, at the time, "Poland" didn't exist as a country. Also, according to family legend, my great-grandmother was Jewish (who knows...??). And, I wanted to see what the world they lived-in looked like,. Was a real eye-opener.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-25-2015 08:52 AM

I used to work for a Jewish Center, and my step-son converted to Judaism about 20 years ago. He moved to Israel to be a Rabbi, but learned that his IT skills are a lot more important to his new homeland than another Rabbi. He's been programming video games to help teach Defense since he arrived... He went from a moderate Democrat to a rabid Conservative nearly overnight. He's the one person who believes that some souls of the people who lived through the Holocaust are being reborn in others, the world over.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-25-2015 11:11 AM

I'd love t go to Israel - doubt it'll ever happen.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 06-25-2015 10:12 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: I personally think their "stuck-up" attitude is a defense mechanism.
Ya sweetie ya could be right!! :)

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-26-2015 12:04 AM

I don't know... I can only suspect...

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-26-2015 04:03 AM

kbot wrote: I'd love t go to Israel - doubt it'll ever happen.....
Would you believe in the times previous to a little over a century ago, nowhere near the sort of safety risk was associated with visiting (much less living in!) the region as exists today...?

This week I heard a public radio talk on the documentary "1913: Seeds Of Conflict" dissecting the oft overlooked yet pivotal pre-WWI origins of the Israeli-Palastinian conflict; seems that many of today's troubles may've been mitigated had only the lead-up to establishing Israel been handled less badly...

Premieres June 30th
http://www.pbs.org/program/1913-seeds-conflict/

Return to “Wild Card Thread”