Top 10 Differences Between Canada And America

Keep it decent

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Top 10 Differences Between Canada And America

Post by Riddick » 08-04-2016 11:24 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Top 10 Differences Between Canada And America

Post by Raggedyann » 08-05-2016 12:45 AM

Tim Hortons "Timbits" are the donut holes from all their different flavoured donuts. Home care in BC is free as it's a provincial program. Not all provinces offer it.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-05-2016 11:21 AM

Healthcare is "free" in Canada? Really.....?????????

Sounds like an oversimplification if I ever heard one. As I understand it, Canadian taxes pay for Canadian healthcare. I seriously doubt that any healthcare in Canada is "free"..........

Also, seems like that this video is dated as no reference is made to Obamacare/ ACA/ Pioneer Healthcare Organizations where people can get insurance, even if they do not get it through their employer.

At least she mentioned poutine. As someone from England she was giving the French-Canadians of Quebec short shrift. It may be that she's just unfamiliar with the country's second-most populous province........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 08-05-2016 03:08 PM

Of course health services are not free so to speak but I think most people understand that we pay taxes just like you and you get nothing. :(
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “Wild Card Thread”