Breaking News: AP Projects Clinton Winner In Pennsylvania

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-23-2008 02:06 AM

Psychicwolf wrote: So, the PDF are certified results???
Not sure :confused: Looks like some districts are missing.

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 04-23-2008 02:16 AM

Our Sec. of State doesn't report until results are certified. You go to each county website to see uncertified results, so this confuses me.:p
I am sure she won, but I think she's only getting 10 delegates for her trouble. Course now her folks are saying it's all about the popular vote, especially in big states. Feeding the beast...trying to convince those super-delegates.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-23-2008 08:02 AM

Pennsylvania Results

Hillary Clinton 55% - Votes 1,258,246 - Delegates 80

Obama 45% - Votes 1,042,297 - Delegates - 66

:) :) :)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 04-23-2008 08:08 AM

PA State site states 54.3% for Hillary...45.7% Obama, with 99.09% in..according to the state site she is winning 8.6%...AP states 9.3% after counting each county in PA. She won by 9% not 10%.... but they are touting a double percentage lead. Not true..it's so it's sounds bigger to say double digits...

Also they keep saying she won Texas on MSNBC and they show Texas with stripes on CNN. Obama won the delegate count in Texas...He won Texas.

In PA she did not win by double digits she won by 9% the MSM is not telling the truth.

http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ ... OfficeID=1
Last edited by tiffany on 04-23-2008 08:30 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 04-23-2008 08:18 AM

Quoting Hillary Clinton from her speech last night.

"Some counted me out and said to drop out," the former first lady said at a Philadelphia rally Tuesday. "But the American people don't quit. And they deserve a president who doesn't quit, either."

Go Hillary Go. :)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 04-23-2008 08:34 AM

Everybody is simpering and giggling over who is ahead in the current high school popularity contest (is it Hillary? is it Obama? what's gonna happen tomorrow? tehehe...). But the really significant event of the current campaign is the slow, but steady, movement of the so-called "independents" in the direction of McCain.

Yes, the current civil war within the Demokrat Party is responsible for much of what is happening at this time. But, as I have said on many occasions, 9-11 was a fork in the road, the point at which Amerika became finally, unrepentantly, fascist. I really wonder whether any Demokrat, even under the best of circumstances, could have won the Presidency seven years after 9-11. But the current Demokrat civil war facilitates what might have been an inevitable process anyway...

The key tip-off: the fact that there is not massive civil unrest in America in 2008 as the socio-economic underpinning of the country begins to become unglued, in a way that Amerika has never seen. If there were any true hope that Amerika could escape its fascist doom, then we would see signs of hope in the streets. But we don't. And we won't.

Stick a fork in Amerika, folks, 'cause she's already done, to a crisp!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 04-23-2008 10:07 AM

Tiffany - yup wasn't double digits - close, but not quite... oh well - let the pundits have their fun.

Thing to remember the Dems divide their delegates its not a winner take all, and while she picks up more PA delegates than Obama -- its still not enough - wonder what will happen next?

---
Several polls will not post the 'cross over votes' - but the funniest one heard last night - local talk show just before C2C - seems they were asking people at one Philly voting place if voters were part of the "Operation Chaos" group.... The guy (caller) said they were just going down the line of voters asking if they were voting GOP or DEM and if DEM they were asked the second question.... Accuracy - unknown, but of the four callers heard on the clip - they had all been asked BEFORE voting.... is that legal?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 04-23-2008 03:35 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Setislady, have I done something wrong here that I am not seeing? If so, I am sorry :confused:
Didn't see this last night. No I just wanted to clarify your response. It appeared as though you were addressing comments that I made about the KKK and I didn't make any.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 04-23-2008 03:58 PM

joequinn wrote: But the really significant event of the current campaign is the slow, but steady, movement of the so-called "independents" in the direction of McCain.

Rush Limpballs was blubbering gleefully this AM about his 'Operation Chaos', and how it works. It is going to be beneficial for McCain, and of course his brainwashed minions are participating by the droves. But then again, the Democrats are willing dupes...
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

lazarus long
Pirate

Post by lazarus long » 04-23-2008 03:59 PM

Kaztronic wrote:
Also, as Senator Clinton pointed out tonight, one has to wonder why Senator Obama "can't close the deal" while outspending a campaign that is broke by at least a 2-1 margin.

what a silly thing to say. money helps (and it helps A LOT), but you can't just BUY votes. you can buy all kinds of things that help immeasurably but, in the end, it's how many people pull the lever for that person (or how many the electronic voting machines actually count).

HB3

Post by HB3 » 04-23-2008 04:18 PM

True. You know, considering the exit polls and how the results are so clearly about identity politics and nothing else, they probably could've just held the election six weeks ago with the same results.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 04-23-2008 07:20 PM

lazarus long wrote: what a silly thing to say. money helps (and it helps A LOT), but you can't just BUY votes. you can buy all kinds of things that help immeasurably but, in the end, it's how many people pull the lever for that person (or how many the electronic voting machines actually count).

Go tell that to Mark Green.

As you yourself just said, "money helps and it helps A LOT". I am echoing the sentiment that it is worth considering why Barack Obama cannot seem to close the deal despite record spending vs. a campaign that is broke.
Last edited by Kaztronic on 04-23-2008 07:26 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

lazarus long
Pirate

Post by lazarus long » 04-23-2008 09:54 PM

c'mon, kaz! NOBODY expected bo (that's a horrible name acronym) to win pennsylvania and no amount of money would have changed that. some states are just pro-hillary. they seem to be in the minority but that's neither here nor there. you can ask ludicrous questions like that all day long, and it doesn't accomplish ANYTHING.
for example:
why is hillary having such a hard time with this election? she's been in the public eye for quite a while and people should know what she's about by now. so how can this NOBODY (until very recently) come out of left-field and blow her out of the water? with all of the face-time that hillary's had with the media, she should be able to shut down bo with almost no money. right?

now you and i could argue about this paragraph until we're both red in the face and convinced that the other is developmentally challenged. it wouldn't matter one whit. that's why i say that you and hrc pose a silly question (it's actually more misleading than silly).
would you contend that if andy dick had unlimited funds, he would become president?

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 04-23-2008 10:42 PM

Talked to the head of elections in PA today. He said the final results will not be tallied until after next Tuesday as the military and oversees has til then to come in and be counted. Also provisional ballots are still not competely counted and 3% still out in Philly and Delaware counties........interesting phone call...he knows many are watching his site very carefully for the percentages and seemed very nice but stressed. We agreed that the machines should have a paper trail some way of making sure that when you press the button you know it went for who you wanted. He kept saying Congress needs to pass a law...hmmm I asked him three times if any of the machines gave them trouble and he tried to hedge it but once said no...look at Brad's Blog...lots of problems...especially in the Philly area. I said the problem that people had was that there is no way with the machines being used that an accurate accounting can be done...no paper trail...I also said I'm sure you are aware of the NJ judge that has ordered an investigation into the machines used in NJ and that are also used in PA ...he was very quiet then said the Congress law thing again.

There was a Raw Story link to their elections site and they took the numbers off that page and just left the map. I called earlier and asked why they did that and they thought it would be more user friendly for you to click on the side (not user friendly) to get the percentages. I said many have linked to their site and are watching it very closely. They put the site back within 5 minutes the way it was 30 minutes earlier and showed the percentages again on the main page...because they took 13000 votes from Obama (they were correcting an error) during that time and when they found out the percentages on Raw Story were linked to their site they did an about face. Very interesting day. But they were pleasant..
Last edited by tiffany on 04-23-2008 10:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 04-24-2008 12:10 AM

One odd thing... Obama is getting all of his funds from ordinary people. Millions! So why aren't the votes reflecting this kind of support? Hillary is aparently broke. Something smells.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”