Kucinich introducing 35 Articles of Impeachment - CSPAN now

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-10-2008 09:00 PM

SETIsLady wrote: PW, got that same email today, I am proud to call Wexler my Congressman, he has been working on this for years now :)

Good! Did you sign up at wexlerwantshearings.com?:D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-10-2008 09:02 PM

Psychicwolf wrote: Good! Did you sign up at wexlerwantshearings.com?:D
But of course :)

Edit: Shirley posted up a thread about this website awhile back, but can't seem to put my fingers on it right now.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-11-2008 12:22 AM

I've been busy writing all the top MSM news agencies, plus my local newspaper, plus my Rep, plus Pelosi.

Hoyer makes it impossible to write him so I called one of his offices, and pressed whatever number for some person I don't know, and left him a message. Here's his page. I hope you'll all take a few minutes to make your voices heard.

http://www.hoyer.house.gov/contact/

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-11-2008 07:16 AM

Well it made it to CNN, not front page but under "politics" :rolleyes:

Kucinich introduces Bush impeachment resolution

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/11/ ... index.html

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 06-11-2008 12:06 PM

Look at this poll on USA Today page.

So far, 80% support Kucinich. That's pretty unbelievable.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/20 ... files.html

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-11-2008 01:21 PM

If they support Kucinich but they don't vote for him, then they don't support Kucinich --- and are lying sacks of s**t!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-11-2008 03:01 PM

House votes to send impeachment resolution to Judiciary Committee

The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to the Judiciary Committee for review

The impeachment resolution’s sponsor, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, requested a recorded vote on the motion around 3 p.m. Wednesday, and 20 Republicans joined nearly all Democrats in voting to send the impeachment measure to the committee, according to a vote count on C-SPAN.

The motion passed 251-166.

“It is imperative that Members of Congress have a thorough opportunity to read the Articles of Impeachment and study the documentation,” Kucinich said in a news release Tuesday. “When they do, I am confident that they will agree that it is both appropriate and necessary for the Judiciary Committee to begin hearings on the Resolution.”

Kucinich took to the floor of the House Monday evening to read his 35 articles of impeachment, accusing Bush of war crimes, breaking his oath of office and misleading Americans to launch an illegal invasion of Iraq. The Ohio Democrat said impeachment was the only way to keep Bush from launching another invasion of Iran.

The Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), already has before it articles of impeachment aimed at Vice President Dick Cheney. Since receiving that impeachment measure in November, the committee has done nothing.

Democratic leaders in the House seem determined to block the latest impeachment measure as well, and it remains all-but-impossible that the House would proceed with impeachment hearings before Bush leaves office.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is sticking by her earlier pledge to make sure impeaching Bush and Cheney is an option that remains strictly “off the table.”

http://rawstory.com/news08/2008/06/11/h ... committee/

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 06-11-2008 03:11 PM

What Pelosi STILL fails to recognize is this: since we have probable cause, impeachment is not an option - IT IS MANDATORY - like it, or not. By declaring it "off the table", she has committed an impeachable offense herself! She has neglected her sworn oath, and must be removed - by force if necessary, along with any, and all others in HOR who refuse to impeach.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-11-2008 03:25 PM

Dennis Kucinich on Ed Schultz today......I get the refeed in this area and he is coming up this hour.......also should be archived later today or tomorrow on Ed's site.
http://www.edschultzshow.com
Only get highligts free....sorry you have to pay to hear the whole show..ugh.

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 06-11-2008 03:48 PM

From the Washington Post's "Capitol Briefing:"

Posted at 3:56 PM ET, 06/11/2008

Kucinich Vows to Keep Up Impeachment Fight

The House voted today by a comfortable margin to refer 35 articles of impeachment against President Bush to the Judiciary Committee, as the measure's chief sponsor vowed to bring the issue up again if the panel does not agree to hold hearings.

On a 251-166 vote, the chamber elected to refer Rep. Dennis Kucinich's (D-Ohio) resolution to the Judiciary panel. All 227 Democrats present voted in favor of the referral, along with 24 Republicans -- a big boost from the four GOP lawmakers who voted for referral of charges against Vice President Cheney back in November.

Democratic leaders have made clear that they want no further action on impeachment this year, but Kucinich said after the vote that doing nothing was not an option.

"Leadership wants to bury it, but this is one resolution that will be coming back from the dead," Kucinich told Capitol Briefing. "Thirty days from now, if there is no action, I will be bringing the resolution up again, and I won't be the only one reading it."

Judiciary Chairman John Conyers (D-Mich.) has not commented on whether he plans to hold hearings, and Kucinich said he would meet with Conyers this week to present him with documentation for his charges against Bush. But if there is no further action, Kucinich said, "We'll come back and many of us will be reading this [on the House floor], and we'll come back with 60 articles, not 35."

Some Democrats agree with Kucinich that there should be hearings, but don't necessarily believe the House should actually impeach Bush.

"In my district, people have asked me many times why we haven't impeached President Bush, because they felt some of the things that he has done far outweighs what Clinton was impeached for," said Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Md.).

Cummings said he'd like to see Judiciary hold impeachment hearings, because "there are a lot of questions out there and I think a lot of those questions need to be answered before [Bush] leaves office." But Cummings doesn't think the House should take the process all the way to the end, as it did with Clinton.

"The time we spend impeaching the president would be better spent doing productive things for the country," he said.

On the GOP side, some of the 166 lawmakers who voted against referral today did so because they wanted to simply table the resolution, while others actually wanted to have an immediate, full floor debate so they could try to paint Democrats as partisan extremists.

"In my personal opinion, we should have had a debate," said Rep. Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.), who called the entire impeachment movement "just political posturing."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/capitol- ... s-col-blog
Anchors Aweigh

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-11-2008 03:51 PM

Thx Swerdloc, hadn't heard how the vote turned out, this is step one and an important one.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-11-2008 04:06 PM

Swerd, thanks and hooray!!!

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 06-11-2008 04:13 PM

"We'll come back and many of us will be reading this [on the House floor], and we'll come back with 60 articles, not 35."

Muhahaha!

:D
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 06-11-2008 04:59 PM

This story is growing legs.

CNN moved it from Politics to their CNN Wire: Latest Updates on Top Stories area...

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/

But this is not enough.

This story needs to be on every front page, in every newspaper in the nation. It needs to be the number one news story on all MSM outlets.

Hopefully Kucinich and cronies will keep pushing and pushing until this is the number one story - worldwide.

Anything less is unacceptable.

God bless and protect Dennis Kucinich.
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-11-2008 08:18 PM

God bless and protect Dennis Kucinich!

He was on SIRIUS LEFT this afternoon, and he sounded so tired and so discouraged...

Don't worry, Dennis, everything's gonna be all right. History will be kind, very kind, to you...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”