John McCain, gas prices and the Enron Loophole

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

John McCain, gas prices and the Enron Loophole

Post by SETIsLady » 06-21-2008 10:14 AM

I know some here don't care for Keith Olberman, I dont watch him myself that much anymore however this video is definetely worth the time it will take you to watch it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 1#25252591

Here is some more information on the Enron Loophole

Congress Seeks to Close the 'Enron Loophole'

Editor's Note: On Wednesday evening, Keith Olbermann, the host of MSNBC's "Countdown," reported the findings of a "Countdown investigation" into the "Enron Loophole," a policy that left some commodities trading unregulated. The "loophole" was created by McCain adviser and former Texas Senator Phil Gramm, who had close ties to Enron, and whose wife, Wendy was a member of Enron's board of directors. Olbermann failed to provide me with proper credit for breaking the story more than a month earlier at the investigative news website Consortium News, which first published my report on May 19, 2008. The Public Record has decided to republish the story now that there is renewed interest in the issue and to let our readers know where and when the story first appeared.

Original Article....

McCain Aide Created 'Enron Loophole'

May 19, 2008—Sen. John McCain says he opposes the $307 billion farm bill because it would dole out wasteful subsidies, but his chief economic adviser Phil Gramm also wants to stop its proposed regulation of energy futures trading, a market that was famously abused when Enron Corp. manipulated California’s electricity prices in 2001.

McCain Defends 'Enron Loophole'

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 06-21-2008 01:19 PM

Anyone who thinks the high gas prices AREN'T being orchestrated at the Highest Levels of Government, just isn't paying much attention.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 06-21-2008 02:34 PM

It's fraudulent contracts, unfair practices, corruption, and criminal activity in the futures market and in commodities trading. A market that is virtually unregulated.

A third of the price of oil is because of speculators.

By voting for McCain you're, in a sense, putting Darth Vader and the Emperor back in charge of the universe. The last 8 years of hell wasn't enough?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 06-21-2008 03:38 PM

Thank you, Linda. I don't get MSNBC on my TV so unless someone calls my attention to a KO broadcast, I miss them. This helped me understand our energy problem and how John McCain would merely perpetuate our problems.

We're tired of being fleeced!

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”