Criminal Investigation of Palin

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

rumike
Pirate

Criminal Investigation of Palin

Post by rumike » 09-25-2008 12:21 AM

Les Gara, an Alaskan lawmaker (D) is taking a new tack to pin Palin to the wall. Criminal investigations carried out by...STATE TROOPERS! Weeee!

Palin Wars 2: Troopers Strike Back

Here's Mr. Gara's press release.

-------------------------------------

LEGISLATOR ASKS TROOPERS TO LOOK AT POSSIBLE WITNESS TAMPERING
Palin cooperation ended with VP nomination

ANCHORAGE — Today a State Representative called on the Alaska State Troopers to look into possible criminal witness tampering in the state’s bi-partisan legislative Troopergate investigation. Since Gov. Sarah Palin was named to the McCain ticket on Aug. 29, the McCain campaign has sent campaign workers to Alaska to obstruct this investigation.

“Until McCain campaign staffers flew to Alaska to stop this investigation, the Governor and her staff agreed to comply with what we all know is a bi-partisan investigation. After Aug. 29 the campaign started working to block this investigation, and witnesses began joining that effort by ignoring their subpoenas and risking jail time. Something obviously changed the minds of these witnesses after Aug. 29th,” said Rep., Les Gara (D-Anchorage), a State Representative and Former Alaska Assistant Attorney General.

Alaska’s witness tampering statutes prohibit any person from “inducing” a witness to fail to comply with a subpoena. Almost daily, McCain staffers have called press conferences and made efforts to stonewall the legislative investigation. Prior to Aug. 29 no witness had stated they’d refuse to comply with the investigation, and the Governor in fact promised she and her staff would comply.

Last week three witnesses, Palin Administration Officials Ivy Frye and Randy Ruaro, and Palin’s husband Todd, refused to show up for legislative subpoenas. Also, Attorney General Talis Colberg, whose office had agreed that another seven state employees would comply with the investigation, changed position and said they wouldn’t. Those seven witnesses have been subpoenaed and are scheduled to appear Friday before the Senate and House Judiciary Committees.

McCain operatives have spun this as a partisan investigation. The facts show otherwise. Both Committees voted for the subpoenas last week. Six Republicans and four Democrats voted in favor, and only two Senate members voted no. The investigation was started this summer before Palin was named to the McCain ticket, by a unanimous vote of eight Republicans and four Democrats.

The witness tampering statutes follow:
Alaska Statute 11.56.545 -
“(a)Tampering with a witness in the second degree: A person commits the crime of tampering with a witness in the second degree if the person knowingly induces or attempts to induce a witness to be absent from an official proceeding, other than a judicial proceeding, to which the witness has been summoned. (b) Tampering with a witness in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor. (Emphasis added).

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/09/2 ... oopergate/
Anchors Aweigh!

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 09-25-2008 06:46 AM

I hope MSM carries this as much as they carry any Palin coverage which is to say, I hope it is spread everywhere.

Great move on their part in Alaska. They are all being abused in this campaign. If I lived there, I would be up in arms.
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-25-2008 10:51 AM

Meanwhile in Chicago:

OBAMA is being investigated:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/ ... 25.article

Obama grant being probed
$100,000 DEAL | State to charity: What happened to garden money, other cash?
September 25, 2008
BY CHRIS FUSCO AND DAVE MCKINNEY

---
It is getting interesting in the media...

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 09-25-2008 11:47 AM

I'm curious, CK. Why didn't you start a new thread about this? It's not about the thread topic I posted, which is the criminal investigation of Sarah Palin by Alaskan state troopers.
Anchors Aweigh!

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 09-25-2008 11:56 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Meanwhile in Chicago:

OBAMA is being investigated:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/ ... 25.article

Obama grant being probed
0,000 DEAL | State to charity: What happened to garden money, other cash?
September 25, 2008
BY CHRIS FUSCO AND DAVE MCKINNEY

---
It is getting interesting in the media...

From the artical

Madigan's office has notified Obama's presidential campaign of the probe, which was launched this week. But Obama's actions in awarding the money are not a focus of the investigation, Smith said.
Life is short drink good coffee.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-25-2008 12:01 PM

Oh Sam, stop trying to ruin CK's attempt to distract the thread :D

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”