Fascism in America

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-07-2009 05:31 PM

Yes it was all my fault.:eek:

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 02-07-2009 07:27 PM

Check out what your Congress critters are doing for the average American with the "stimulus".

showthread.php?s=&threadid=38277
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Linnea

Financial Coup d’Etat

Post by Linnea » 02-07-2009 07:28 PM

Reading Catherine Fitts Blog. (Why is this woman still being 'allowed' to speak freely..?)

Feb 2, 2009

"(2001)...documented my experience with a Washington-Wall Street partnership that had:

* Engineered a fraudulent housing and debt bubble;
* Illegally shifted vast amounts of capital out of the U.S.;
* Used “privitization” as form or piracy - a pretext to move government assets to private investors at below-market prices and then shift private liabilities back to government at no cost to the private liability holder."

"...Slowly, as the pieces fit together, we shared a horrifying epiphany: the banks, corporations and investors acting in each global region were the exact same players. They were a relatively small group that reappeared again and again in Russia, Eastern Europe, and Asia accompanied by the same well-known accounting firms and law firms.

Clearly, there was a global financial coup d’etat underway..."

"...Later, courageous reporting by Naomi Klein and Greg Palast confirmed in detail that the privitization and economic warfare model I discussed in London had deep roots in Latin America.

We were experiencing a global “heist”: capital was being sucked out of country after country. The presentation I gave in London revealed a piece of the puzzle that was difficult for the audience to fathom. This was not simply happening in the emerging markets. It was happening in America, too."

# # #

Latin America? Didn't GW Bush recently purchase huge swaths of land over a huge aquifer in Paraguay?

Link to article on Catherine Fitts Blog:

http://solari.com/blog/?p=2058

Also links to Naomi Klein and Greg Palast in blog article.

Read and distribute links widely - while they are still available on the internet.

Linnea

Fascists in America?

Post by Linnea » 02-07-2009 08:32 PM

You bet'cha. Look at this post from a blog out there (The Plum Line - do they mean Plumb Line?)

This is a discussion regarding the stimulus package:

"WOW! By reading the liberal rants in this blog I think half our country is too lazy, ignorant, selfish and full of kool aid to be allowed to breed. To paraphrase a line from one of you genius’: LIBERALS should be castrated. They are the greatest threat to our way of life and should be allowed to expire BEFORE the Bush tax cuts!

By the time you rocket scientists figure out there ain’t no free lunch you will have sucked this country dry and then you WILL have something to whine about.

Put your big girl panties on stop charging your food stamps to your grandchildren !!

Posted by: RockvilleRon | February 7th, 2009"
# ##

This is disgusting. And, you find this attitude everywhere on general blogs. Maybe we are approaching a revolution.

Good Grief...

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-07-2009 08:43 PM

Why bother to look for this attitude outside The Fantastic Forum? It is right here, disguised by all sorts of subtle code words...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-07-2009 08:48 PM

So, you are saying some posters or lurkers here are nodding their heads in agreement with Rockville Ron?

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-07-2009 09:02 PM

Linnea, I am shocked that you would imply that! Almost as shocked as Claude Rains was when he discovered that there was gambling going on in Humphrey Bogart's club in Casablanca.

What can I say? Round up the usual suspects... :D

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-07-2009 10:38 PM

Well, maybe I will put this up on the forum as a poll...

It's an anonymous poll - so let the chips fall where they may.

:p

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 02-08-2009 08:21 AM

Good grief.

Some of us feel that the name "facist" is a lot like calling a black person "******."

Some of us come from families that have known true facists.

Please don't call us facists Joe Quinn, for the last time, I implore you to drop that line of thought.

I'm fed up.
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-08-2009 10:38 AM

I am not saying that you personally are a fascist, my little Chickadee, but if the shoe fits...

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 02-08-2009 10:56 AM

joequinn wrote: I am not saying that you personally are a fascist, my little Chickadee, but if the shoe fits...

The shoe doesn't fit, but, in the polite society in which I was raised, and among adults, when one says to another adult that something they are saying is hurtful and insulting, the other adult understands and drops it.

I've said it before. The term "facist" is to me and others a perjorative, slanderous term, not unlike "******" (that word will be censored) or Nazi.

I've asked repeatedly for you to stop calling Pirates facisists and you persist.

I'm very uncomfortable being in the same community as you Joe Quinn. That's the bottom line. I cannot tolerate you and your notions. Its enough that you have these views. Its completely something else to have these ideas given a platform anywhere, let alone here where we're supposed to actually care about one another.

I'm done.
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-08-2009 11:08 AM

But I'm not, my little Chickadee...

Do you think that I got out of the wrong side of the bed one day and decided to start calling other people "fascist"? Oh no, no, no! It wasn't until the summer of 2004, after four long years of trying to make nice on The Fantastic Forum, that I finally realized that it was useless to continue doing so. And so, almost five years ago now, I started to call a spade a spade.

You tell me that the word "fascist" is a disgusting, hateful word. What can I say, Chickadee? You are absolutely right. A fascist is a person who colludes in public lies, in public theft, in destruction of the rule of law, and in genocide. It is one of the most hateful words --- and one of most hateful things --- that I know. But it's high time that we admitted that most of the American people --- and an unpleasant minority of The Fantastic Forum --- are accessories to public lies, to public theft, to the destruction of the rule of law, and to genocide.

I am not going to change, one little bit, Chickadee, so here's what I suggest. I believe that there is some sort of ignore button here on this forum (one that I myself would never press, because I believe in Don Vito Corleone's advice that one should keep one's friends close but one's enemies closer). Why don't you find that ignore button and then press it, so you don't have to read my disgusting posts? Why not do that, Chickadee, huh?

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-08-2009 01:51 PM

Chickadee - Joe has given his definition of the term 'fascist' - as he is using it here on the forum. He is not using the term, precisely, in its historical sense.

He states: "A fascist is a person who colludes in public lies, in public theft, in destruction of the rule of law, and in genocide."

and also states: "...an unpleasant minority of The Fantastic Forum --- are accessories to public lies, to public theft, to the destruction of the rule of law, and to genocide."

Using Joe's definition of fascism, with a broad brush - we are all fascists as (meaning 'as we may'...) we tolerate and do not speak out against 'public lies' (The Media), 'public theft' (witness the current financial meltdown and bailouts), 'destruction of the rule of law' (most recently the move toward a 'unitary presidency' and disregard for international law of the Bush Administration in the opinion of many - and the 'collusion of Congress' in this), and 'genocide' (for example, the 'illegal war on Iraq'; growing poverty and imprisonment in America; policies of media consolidation - corporate media, agri-business, Big Pharma industries...)

An open discussion of these issues, and not a reactive rejection of these issues as a 'flash point' to the term 'fascist' - is what is supported here.

See these discussions in Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism_an ... ted_States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hoffer

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 02-08-2009 05:04 PM

No, not all of us are fascists, even within The Fantastic Forum. Just most of us...

There has always been a small, but principled, minority, both within the country as a whole and within The Fantastic Forum, that has seen current political phenomena for what they are and have tried to fight it.

A fascist is not somebody who has not done all that he or she can do to fight the evils that assail us from every side. (Who ever has done or who ever can do enough, right?) A fascist is somebody who sits in his or her vomit and excrement with glee and who smirks merrily: "F**k you today and f**k me tomorrow, as long as I can f**king party for one more f**king hour!"

And by that criterion of judgment most of Amerika (definitely) and most of The Fantastic Forum (possibly) is fascist (with a shameless s**t-eattin' grin on its face)!

Just thought that I would clarify my definition, you know...

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-08-2009 05:20 PM

"F**k you today and f**k me tomorrow, as long as I can f**king party for one more f**king hour!"

This ability to irreverently toss absolutely everything else for awhile - is what distinguishes most Americans from the rest of the world.

Yah - we like to ****ing party! We have elevated ****ing partying to an art form.

However - when the chips are down - watch us roar. And we will...

We are moving in that direction.
:D

Maybe too slowly. After all, we are a relatively new nation. Time will tell. Right now my money is on 'us'.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”