Bipartisan--Now I get it

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Chickadee
Pirate

Bipartisan--Now I get it

Post by Chickadee » 02-06-2009 09:05 PM

Just had an A Ha! moment, watching a clip of John McCain on the Senate floor being p-o'd at the Rep Senators who agreed to vote for the stimulus bill... something is only bipartisan if it was John McCain's idea, or, if John McCain proposed it, or if John McCain votes for it!

I get it, Senator McCain, I finally get it!
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 02-06-2009 09:13 PM

Who is John McCain?:D

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 02-06-2009 09:26 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Who is John McCain?:D

He's the Loser. What a Sad Sack.
"We can't solve problems with the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." – Albert Einstein

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-06-2009 09:31 PM

Wish I could clearly see beyond all this to the heart of the matter. The politicians seem to be providing a screen with this made for cable news - reality/survivor show drama pap we are fed - but for whom?

Money, for sure - corporations. But what else?

With Bushco we saw a naked power grab to establish the 'unitary executive', a euphemism for totalitarianism. The 108th - 110th Congress provided the obscuring dramas played out in the corporate media - but for what masters?

Some refer to 'them' as the lizard people - which means what? Aliens? David Icke's conspiracy agenda? Who is paying him? More smoke and mirrors?

Global corporations seeking an end of government so they can rule the world by corporate boardroom fiat?

Fascists who desire political rule as well as financial power?

The Third Way social democrats? Who are not controlling much, but are still agitating for an eventual techno-social leveling out?

Or - is this just a general stirring up of drama to keep the completely culturally divided masses entertained while all of the above compete for dominance?

Who is paying for all the propaganda? All of the above? All of them thinking they've got game?

I am completely in the dark.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 02-06-2009 11:58 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Who is John McCain?:D

A Great American Hero and Statesman! :)

Senator McCain will support President Obama when he feels he is right but will not be a rubber stamp and will be unafraid to stand up to him when he feels he is wrong. He thinks for himself and will react in the same way to the Republican leadership. He is a true "maverick" and the United States Senate needs more members like him from both parties.
racehorse

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-07-2009 12:22 AM

Ah, Jeez! More propaganda, racehorse? ;) Whatever happened to critical thinking?

My posts/opinions are becoming irrelevant - along with so many other voices who are no longer here....

Echoing down the internets....

{{{aiiiiieeeeeeeee!!!}}}

Must be beer and cheetos time.

:p

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-07-2009 01:05 PM

racehorse you are quite correct - McCain has returned to his maverick status for sure... wonder where that was during the campaigning... oh well.

---
---
There is right - called FREEDOM of SPEECH - has nothing to do with whether a person is a DEM or a GOP or an INDEPENDENT - it has to do with the right to openly express feelings or thoughts on any subject.

---
Linnea - yes it is corporation DONATIONS rules that seem to be the factor in far too many of these decisions. The thing is - corporations donate to both sides - not always equally, but enough that "GREED" rules in these votes.

I think it is past time that we the people start demanding a list of these corporation donations - and the hidden ones that corporations use - claiming the donations come from their employees when we all know better.

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 02-07-2009 01:07 PM

McCain should retire. He's filled with hot air and old ideas and it is time he gave it a rest. Even Lieberman got it this time.

How can you give tax breaks to people who aren't employed? Oh, wait, the wealthy still have taxable income. I know, tax everyone earning $100,000. and up and remove all Federal taxes from everyone else.

And in this stimulus bills were appropriations for state and city and industry aid that are not PORK.

I'm sick up to my eyeballs of McCain and I want him to disappear. He's plain dumb.

That's me expressing my thoughts on the subject. Freedom of speech, don't forget :D
Last edited by Chickadee on 02-07-2009 01:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”