Address to Congress: Obama to make case for big healthcare c

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 09-09-2009 03:58 PM

Rombaldi wrote: ((watches people moving mouth with no sound coming out.. priceless))

For anyone else: You see, that's why I'm not playing 'nice' anymore.. people think "liberals" will just give in and get worn down. We're reasonable.

Not any more....

There is a war for the good and survival of this country and for it's people... and the Murderous, Criminal, Thieving, Immoral, Lying Piles of Filth ( see, I didn't say GOPiggy :P ) don't give a damn about anything it it dosen't line their pockets, and we're gonna take you down, you and your supporters that are too damn stupid to see themselves being led to the slaughter after being brainwashed by the ReichWing talkers like Rush Limpballs, the Savage Weiner and the baby Jesus Hannity.... we're sick and tired (in this case of being sick and tired) of the Reich just lying their way to power. Go time.. and you're gonna lose.

------------------------------------

there's the line in the sand... no farther.

Be honest, you've never played nice. :( Don't you get so tired of being cut and paste and beat the hell out someone with a 2x4? I feel bad for you that you can't dialog with people who want to engage in debate with you on this forum. Obviously you seem quite intelligent. Can you get past all this anger? JMHO Oh, I know, just who the hell am I to be saying this? Someone who has been reading these pages for years. I could press ignore, but that would be like ripping pages out of a novel of a favorite book and throwing them away. Besides it is not my way to be indifferent anymore. ;)
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-09-2009 04:16 PM

rumike wrote: I used to be a Republican. My parents were Democrats so I was exploring I suppose. But then, in college, a professor challenged me (privately) to look at every single piece of legislation put forward by Republicans, and try to find one single piece that did not benefit corporations over people. I could not. That was in the mid-90s. I still can't find any.
Precisely.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 09-09-2009 07:11 PM

The United States would not have survived the "Cold War" without GOP leadership. The Soviet Union would never have fallen and the planet would be a dark and dreary place. Both parties have their advantages but on balance the Republicans have consistently stood for individual liberty, freedom, and economic opportunity for all to a far greater degree than any other political party.
racehorse

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 09-09-2009 07:45 PM

Yeah baby. Public option!

The public university analogy is spot on. Rich kids still get to go to the Ivy League diploma mills if they want.
Anchors Aweigh!

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 09-09-2009 08:02 PM

One of his best speeches. I am moved to tears.

"We did not come to fear the future, we have come to shape it."

Amen.
Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-09-2009 08:16 PM

rumike wrote: One of his best speeches. I am moved to tears.

"We did not come to fear the future, we have come to shape it."

Amen.

Excellent.....one of the best I have ever heard also, it moved me to tears also and was standing here in my living room all alone applauding our President.....it was GRAND.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-09-2009 08:18 PM

:
I am not the first President to take up this cause but will be the last

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-09-2009 08:24 PM

and how dammed STUPID are the Murderous, Thieving, Immoral, Criminal, Lying Worthless Piece of Filth Republicans (since people don't like GOPiggy) are?

The person they picked to give a response -

has been sued three times for malpractice
is an avowed 'Birther'
and got caught in a scam trying to 'buy' a british title of nobility.

Never mine the Murderous, Thieving, Immoral, Criminal, Lying Worthless Piece of Filth Republican Sen Wilson that stands up and screams "That's a Lie"....
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 09-09-2009 08:34 PM

I see you took President Obama's call for "bi-partisanship" to heart, Rombaldi.

:rolleyes:
racehorse

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-09-2009 08:34 PM

Did you have to remind me of the GOP response....unbeleivable.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 09-09-2009 08:36 PM

racehorse the GOP is not calling for bi-partisanship, they want this whole plan abandoned and to start over.....forget it, ain't gonna happen.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-09-2009 08:36 PM

racehorse wrote: I see you took Obama's call for "bi-partisanship" to heart, Rombaldi/

When you have their response being nothing but lies..

and you have a 'thug Senator standing on the floor of congress shouting "You Lie!"

Why.
The.
Hell.
Should.
I.

Murderous, Thieving, Immoral, Criminal, Lying Worthless Piece of Filth Republican Party taken over by Murderous, Thieving, Immoral, Criminal, Lying Worthless Pieces of Filth. The fact you continue to be associated with them.... I don't know if I'm confused, amazed or disgusted.
Last edited by Rombaldi on 09-09-2009 08:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-09-2009 08:43 PM

racehorse wrote: The United States would not have survived the "Cold War" without GOP leadership. The Soviet Union would never have fallen and the planet would be a dark and dreary place. Both parties have their advantages but on balance the Republicans have consistently stood for individual liberty, freedom, and economic opportunity for all to a far greater degree than any other political party.

I copy this post from DU, I think it's a fine rebuttal to that pile of HorsePoo
There Is Not One Single Redeeming Quality to the Republican Political Party.

I am nearly 60 years old. I have lived long enough, seen enough in my lifetime to be qualified to make this sweeping statement:

There's not a spoonful of spit's worth of good within the Republican Party here in the United States.

It is a party that is ALWAYS in opposition to what is good for the American People.

The British member of Parliament who declared that "there is no tribe on the face of the earth more loathsome than the Republican Party in the United States" was speaking as a foreigner looking into our nation. He spoke the truth that the entire world now knows.

The Republican Party is Anti-American.

War? They are for it.
Peace? They are against it.
The environment? They hate it.
Pollution? They love it.
People of color? They hate them.
White folks? They love them.
Science? They hate it.
Religious fanaticism? They love it.
Good wages for our citizens? They fight against it.
Crooked corporations? They protect them.
Health-care for our people? They take their guns to rally against it!
Social Security for the old? They still hate it and want to turn it over to Wall Street.
Medicare? They hate it, want to kill it, and let it "wither on the vine" until it's gone.
Education? They de-fund it every chance they can.
Truth? They hate it.
Lying propaganda? They indulge in it.

Who are these ****ing people?

Mitch McConnell, David Duke, Larry Craig, George W. Bush, Jeb Bush, John Boener, Governor Sanford, Mark Foley, Henry Hyde, Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, John McCain, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Cornyn, Lamar Alexander, Sam Brownback, Saxby Chambliss, Tom Coburn, Bob Corker, John Ensign, Rick Perry, Chuck Grassley, Orin Hatch, James Inhofe, Johnny Isakson, Jon Kyle, Pat Roberts, Jeff Sessions...just a few of the tribe.

Even Arlen Specter had the good sense to walk away from that stench.

Do something for America, if you love it: Tell your friends the truth about this "loathsome" anti-American political party.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 09-09-2009 09:17 PM

rumike wrote: Yeah baby. Public option!

The public university analogy is spot on. Rich kids still get to go to the Ivy League diploma mills if they want.

I thought that was an excellent analogy, too, Mike. I was VERY pleased tonight, and also felt a few tears slide down my cheeks, especially during the part toward the end where he recited Teddy Kennedy's posthumous words to him and framed healthcare reform as a MORAL issue, which it is.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 09-09-2009 09:18 PM

'Baldi, you're fulla hateful sh*t. You do know that, don't you?

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”