Breaking: 7 Fatally Shot At Ft. Hood

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-08-2009 05:03 AM

Kaztronic wrote: I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, it happens.
Yeah right, :rolleyes:

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-08-2009 05:05 AM

Kaztronic wrote:

As for Corvid, I happen to have considerable respect for the guy as well. More often than not, I disagree with him vehemently on politics, but respect his opinions, and the experience he brings to the discussion - .
You have absolutely ZERO resepct for him .

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-08-2009 06:11 AM

Let's go back to this thread then. Corvid was insulted on this thread numerous times by HB3 and then Kaz. And no, it wasn't fun, but he took it. No one but me really knows whether it was fun or not. I'm saying it wasn't. I was also insulted in a roundabout way here by Kaz.

Yes, Corvid dishes it out, but his taunts are usually tongue-in-cheek. He's at least going for humor. Calling someone a "loathsome, cerebrally inactive hippie" isn't in any way funny. It was disgusting. Then, Kaz decides to jump in with: "Your insults are as old, tired, and misplaced as your avatar is." That's not funny, either. What's with the insult to the avatar anyhow? And using the words "old" and "tired" when referring to a man who just had a birthday that qualifies him for senior citizenship is not only insensitive, it's just plain ol' ugly. Especially when that man is currently recovering from surgery. Damn. Yeah, Corvid does dish it out. But I don't think he deserves this kind of crap.

Linda saw this for what it is, and defended him. Kaz did a hit and run here. He knew if he stopped talking to Linda here that she'd probably follow him to another thread. She did because she was that mad. Hell, I was mad at him, too. Right now, I'm very sad at all of this.

So, the upshot is that HB3 is still here. Kaz is still here. And Linda is planked. I'm pissed at both HB3 and Kaz. And sad about all of this. Corvid is, fortunately, asleep. I have no idea what he will think in the morning. I just know that he really doesn't need any of this stress. He's recovering from surgery right now. Damn. His "dishing it out" is a way of dealing with stresses that most here will never know. Fortunately for all of you.

I've said enough. :(
Image Anchors Aweigh!

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 11-08-2009 06:23 AM

Linda, Joolz, and Corvid - you will always have my support. Kaz has been trying very hard to run me off the forum for a long, long time, to the point of pointing out the numerous ways he thinks I'm violating whatever the latest set of rules are. I used to try to debate Kaz in a thoughtful way until I realized he was looking for any opportunity to go on the personal attack. When I left the first time it was because Kaz, HB3, and Joe were nearly constantly personally attacking me. But I missed my friends, so I came back. When I came back I decided I was not going to put up with their crap anymore, but honestly the drama just takes all the fun out of it. I am posting this to substantiate what Joolz and SL said and that I honestly think Kaz is running this place, and not for the better.
Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-08-2009 06:57 AM

Thanks, rumike. I saw what you describe happened to you, too. You also have my support.

I'll just say this before I go... Corvid asked me to thank Linda for trying to defend him. He called me in to the bedroom to help with the dog (who needed to go out to pee), so I told him what happened here tonight. He's sad, too. And sorry if he inadvertently caused any of it in his absence.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-08-2009 07:21 AM

Please assure Corvid he is in no way accountable for what has transpired here tonight in his absence.

As for the rest, I feel the Fantastic Forum has been dragged through a 'town hall' experience. Totally trashed.

It seems as though intolerance rules here. Rules, policies, common sense and decent restraint have fled due to ideological and partisan divides.

I'll need to figure out where we go from here, in as much as any forward direction will be possible.

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 11-08-2009 10:36 AM

SETIsLady wrote: So you want everyone to agree with you, or the conversations to go your way, or they are wrong or have no business posting here :rolleyes: I think you have done a good job chasing everyone off.

KAZ is not the reason people leave this board, he's the reason I keep coming back.
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

IronsGold
Pirate

Post by IronsGold » 11-08-2009 11:05 AM

megman wrote: I thought Jihad WAS Islamic for nuts...........:p

megman, you rock! You smooth over more than ice with that machine I can't for the life of me spell!
"What fresh hell is this?"
Dorothy Parker

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-08-2009 01:08 PM

Joolz wrote: Let's go back to this thread then. Corvid was insulted on this thread numerous times by HB3 and then Kaz. And no, it wasn't fun, but he took it.

Are you kidding? That's a nice 180 degree inversion of reality.

I'm scared to look at the rest of this thread.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 11-08-2009 01:26 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Your insults are as old, tired, and misplaced as your avatar is.

I see that the rats have been at work, as usual, in the middle of the night.

Listen up, sonny. It is true that I have socks older than you.... should I apologize for that? Don't hold your f*cking breath.

If, by insulting me in this way, you think that you are one step closer to licking hb3's ass, why don't you just ask him? He might be amenable.... save us all some grief.

hb3: You have proven in your writing that you are a coward and a bigot. The glee that you expressed because the nut job who murdered these soldiers is a Muslim is despicable. That is your personal problem... do not attempt to involve the rest of us, what would be the point?

I am going to take a break. You and kaztronic can feel free to bash me while I am gone. It will be easier for you that way. Post all the silly sh!t you want.

Please know that you and kaz are not the reason that I am taking this hiatus, frankly, neither of you are that f*cking important. My hiatus is due to the absence of friends... not the presence of morons.

When I hear, through Joolz, that Rumike, Rombaldi and, especially, SetisLady are posting again.... then I shall resume.

Until then.... go f*ck yourselves blind.

....and have a nice day. :)

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 11-08-2009 01:57 PM

Hate to see this happen, Covid, because I enjoy your posts. You're a down home Mofo.

You take care of that arm and your Pup - see you down the road.

Biker :)
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-08-2009 03:07 PM

megman wrote: If I meant cigar I would have said cigar.
What's the friggin dif?

You know, sometimes, just sometimes, you have to learn to accept things at face value.

I'm not playing semantics. Chow.

It was a psychoanalysis joke. Sorry.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-08-2009 03:10 PM

Corvid wrote: I see that the rats have been at work, as usual, in the middle of the night.

Listen up, sonny. It is true that I have socks older than you.... should I apologize for that? Don't hold your f*cking breath.

If, by insulting me in this way, you think that you are one step closer to licking hb3's ass, why don't you just ask him? He might be amenable.... save us all some grief.

hb3: You have proven in your writing that you are a coward and a bigot. The glee that you expressed because the nut job who murdered these soldiers is a Muslim is despicable. That is your personal problem... do not attempt to involve the rest of us, what would be the point?

I am going to take a break. You and kaztronic can feel free to bash me while I am gone. It will be easier for you that way. Post all the silly sh!t you want.

Please know that you and kaz are not the reason that I am taking this hiatus, frankly, neither of you are that f*cking important. My hiatus is due to the absence of friends... not the presence of morons.

When I hear, through Joolz, that Rumike, Rombaldi and, especially, SetisLady are posting again.... then I shall resume.

Until then.... go f*ck yourselves blind.

....and have a nice day. :)

Boy, bullies really hate being stood up to. They really, really hate it.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-08-2009 04:10 PM

Meanwhile....

Lieberman Suggests Army Shooter Was 'Home-Grown Terrorist'

By BRODY MULLINS

A senior U.S. senator on Sunday said the shootings at Fort Hood could have been a terrorist attack, and that he would launch a congressional investigation into whether the U.S. military could have prevented it.

Sen. Joe Lieberman, an independent from Connecticut who heads the Senate's Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, said initial evidence suggested that the alleged shooter, Army Major Nidal Hasan, was a "self-radicalized, home-grown terrorist" who had turned to Islamic extremism while under personal stress.

Mr. Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, had opened fire Thursday at a soldier processing center at Fort Hood, Tex., killing 13 and wounding 29 in the worst mass shooting on a military facility in the U.S.

Mr. Lieberman, appearing on "Fox News Sunday," cautioned that it remained too early to draw any definitive conclusions. He said his comments were based on "reports that we are receiving" about Mr. Hasan's actions and comments.

The Army's top officer, Gen. George Casey, wouldn't rule out that the shooting was an act of terrorism, but cautioned against speculation at this point. "We all want to know what happened and what motivated the suspect, but we need to … let the investigation take its course," he told ABC News's "This Week."

Mr. Lieberman said that if news reports were true that Mr. Hasan had turned to Islamic extremism, "the murder of these 13 people was a terrorist act and, in fact, it was the most-destructive terrorist act to be committed on American soil since 9/11."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1257697 ... TopStories

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-08-2009 04:41 PM

And....

Some saw warning signs ahead of US Army shooting
Associated Press
Published: 11.08.09, 10:08 / Israel News

Some who knew Nidal Malik Hasan said they saw clear signs the young Army psychiatrist, who authorities say went on a shooting spree at the Army base Fort Hood that left 13 dead and 29 others wounded, had no place in the military.

There was the classroom presentation that justified suicide bombings. Comments to colleagues about a climate of persecution faced by Muslims in the military. Conversations with a mosque leader that became incoherent.

After he arrived at Fort Hood, Hasan was conflicted about what to tell fellow Muslim soldiers about the fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, alarming an Islamic community leader from whom he sought counsel.

"I told him, `There's something wrong with you,'" Osman Danquah, co-founder of the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen, told The Associated Press on Saturday. "I didn't get the feeling he was talking for himself, but something just didn't seem right."

Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates in a graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal written complaint.

"The system is not doing what it's supposed to do," said Dr. Val Finnell, who studied with Hasan from 2007-2008 in the master's program in public health at the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences. "He at least should have been confronted about these beliefs, told to cease and desist, and to shape up or ship out."

Military criminal investigators continued late Saturday to refer to Hasan as the only suspect in the shootings, declining to say when charges would be filed. "We have not established a motive for the shootings at this time," said Army Criminal Investigative Command spokesman Chris Grey.

Still, in the days since authorities believe Hasan fired more than 100 rounds in a soldier processing center at Fort Hood in the worst mass shooting on a military facility in the US, a picture has emerged of a man who was forcefully opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, was trying to get out of his late November deployment to Afghanistan and had struggled professionally in his work as an Army psychiatrist.

"He told (them) that as a Muslim committed to his prayers he was discriminated against and not treated as is fitting for an officer and American," said Mohammed Malik Hasan, 24, a cousin, told the AP from his home on the outskirts of the Palestinian city of Ramallah. "He hired a lawyer to get him a discharge."

Twice this summer, Danquah said, Hasan asked him what to tell soldiers who expressed misgivings about fighting fellow Muslims. The retired Army first sergeant and Gulf War veteran said he reminded Hasan that these soldiers had volunteered to fight, and that Muslims were fighting against each other in Afghanistan, Pakistan and the "Palestinian territories."

"I'd give him my response. It didn't seem settled, you know. It didn't seem to satisfy," he said. "It would be like a person playing the devil's advocate ... I said, `Look. I'm not impressed by you.'"

Danquah said he was so disturbed by Hasan's persistent questioning that he recommended the mosque reject Hasan's request to become a lay Muslim leader at Fort Hood. But he never saw a need to tell anyone at the sprawling Army post about the talks, because Hasan never expressed anger toward the Army or indicated any plans for violence.

However, classmate Finnell said that Hasan made a presentation during their studies "that justified suicide bombing" and spewed "anti-American propaganda" as he argued the war on terror was "a war against Islam." Finnell said he and at least one other student complained about Hasan, surprised that someone with "this type of vile ideology" would be allowed to wear an officer's uniform.

But Finnell said no one filed a formal, written complaint about Hasan's comments out of fear of appearing discriminatory.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 16,00.html

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”