Man Arrested for Throwing Tomatoes at Sarah Palin

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

rumike
Pirate

Man Arrested for Throwing Tomatoes at Sarah Palin

Post by rumike » 12-08-2009 11:25 AM

Ok, I can't see Palin's political views from my house at all, but let's at least be civil. Ghandi and all that.
The 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate, Palin, was at the mall signing copies of her book, "Going Rogue", when suddenly a man targeted her with two tomatoes while standing on the second floor balcony of the mall.

Something tells me the arrest charge may have something more to do with his bad aim:
Man Misses Palin With Tomatoes, Hits Cop In Face
http://topics.dallasnews.com/article/02 ... lin+tomato
Anchors Aweigh!

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 12-08-2009 12:10 PM

rumike -- actually many malls also have littering laws too...

shame on that man and sympathies to his family who will have to live with the results.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: Man Arrested for Throwing Tomatoes at Sarah Palin

Post by Live365 » 12-08-2009 12:13 PM

rumike wrote:
Something tells me the arrest charge may have something more to do with his bad aim:

"Man Misses Palin with Tomatoes, Hits Cop in Face"

:D :D

Call me a feminist, but for me, the idea of a man throwing things at a female has a component of violence in it, over and above the incivility of the act. I can't understand the aura that surrounds this woman, this thing that makes people go crazy either way. Truth be told, the whole idea of her bores me senseless.

But whatever it is with these incidents, shoes, tomatoes, what-have-you, it really is disgraceful behavior. No matter who the target. I hope he's been adequately embarrassed.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

racehorse
Pirate

Re: Re: Man Arrested for Throwing Tomatoes at Sarah Palin

Post by racehorse » 12-08-2009 12:20 PM

Live365 wrote:

But whatever it is with these incidents, shoes, tomatoes, what-have-you, it really is disgraceful behavior.

Well said, Live! :)
racehorse

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-08-2009 10:17 PM

Come on now. Throwing rotten eggs & tomatoes at politicians is a time honored tradition. Nobody ever dies from it - tomatoes are soft. I think it was the Romans who used turnips on their politicians. Now, those were tough people.

Besides, Palin grapples with moose, & eagles, and things in the frozen wilderness of Alaska for pleasure.

So, at any moment agents of the government- with irascible military swat teams - can smash my front door, breach my threshold, shoot me dead, & confiscate my life's work for possessing an herb, or failing to pay enough taxes. Those same people can relocate me to illegal rendition camps if their illegal surveillance of my life leads them to believe I have undesirable "patterns".

But I, as a taxpaying citizen, cannot legally gain access to a tax financed White House Dinner ritual. I can't hurl tomatoes at these fools? I cannot show my displeasure with the System by engaging in an ancient form of protest?

Authoritarian arrogance, perpetuated by scared criminals. Nothing more.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-08-2009 10:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 12-08-2009 10:38 PM

SquidInk wrote: I can't hurl tomatoes at these fools? I cannot show my displeasure with the System by engaging in an ancient form of protest?

Does this sentiment include Nancy Pelosi? Hillary Cinton? Or do you draw the line at that?
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 12-08-2009 10:59 PM

Live365 wrote: Does this sentiment include Nancy Pelosi? Hillary Cinton? Or do you draw the line at that?

It includes any elected official the protester finds disagreeable. The problem is, without these types of humiliating but harmless reprisals, the politician feels no repercussions for doing things like accepting bribes from corporations, and selling out his or her constituents.

We give these people (or, they have taken, without notable resistance) tremendous influence in our lives. They should conduct themselves with honor at all times, govern with extreme care, and not with their own interests in mind - or they risk a tomato to the head. Big deal, a tomato. They attempt to decide, via "healthcare" legislation, the terms of my life & death. But God forbid I toss a ripe tomato in anger.

Gee, Live365, I thought you knew me better than that.
Last edited by SquidInk on 12-08-2009 11:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 12-08-2009 11:01 PM

Live365 wrote: Does this sentiment include Nancy Pelosi? Hillary Cinton? Or do you draw the line at that?

I would take a tomato for Nancy.
Anchors Aweigh!

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 12-09-2009 01:03 AM

I prefer pies...:D
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”